Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is America Ready . . . . ?

first thing in the morning and still giving attitude. that's better then my coffee
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7/30-8/6 2011 First time at H2
    7-28-8/4 2012 H2

i'll give ya something else too! hehehe!
    Inactive profile. Messages and emails will not be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandkristy View Post
    Well Jwell,

I don't think our country is ready. We voted for George Bush twice!!! There are too many dumb ass people that can not get past someone's sex or race to look at their real position and will just vote for the person who looks and/or talks like them.

I don't think we should vote for either just because of race or sex, but you shouldn't rule them out for those reasons either. Some people are pushing because they want the first black president. Is Obama the best candidate or just the best black candidate? Same for Hilary? Of course many of us think she ran the White House while Clinton was in office, so she has experience.

Just a few thoughts. I don't think it will happen because I don't believe people in the US currently can look at platforms and experience rather than race or sex.

OK, enough about that and back to the nakedness.

Kristy
    OK Jim go get your kool aid and I will respond to Kristy. LOL

Actually, I think that your response is dead on. Everything that we see, read & do in our lives in filtered by our life experiences starting at childhood. For example, if some has negative experiences with police during their lives, they will become defensive when a policeman approaches, even if the policeman's purpose is good. On the other hand, if you have had good experience with firemen, you will trust the foreman who approaches with the intent of robbing you. This all goes to our gut, animal instinct first impression of someone. First impressions can, of course, change, but it is a constant up hill battle. If a single guy at Hedo asks you and your S.O. to have a threesome for the first two days of the trip (and assuming you don't), are you likely to sit next to him at dinner or find a table at the other end of the room? You will go to the other end of the room, because of your first impression.

Now apply this to politics. I think that a large segment of our society has a negative, gut first impression of a black man running for president, whether this is from the media, experience or lack of knowledge. Example, I went to an integrated high school with 4000 students, 40% of whom were black. Through experience, I learned that blacks, just as whites, are smart or dumb, mean or kind, etc. Now on the college in a lilly white private school. Many of my friends had never even met a black person, let alone had black friends. As a result, their first impression of the black guy walking down the street, no doubt formed by stereo-types and the media, was that he was going to rob them, not befriend them. Obviously, this is a huge generalization, but I think it applies to large part of our society and is why a black man will have an uphill battle getting elected to President. (Moorerotic - this is even a bigger problem when an Arabic name is thrown in.)

As for a woman, I think that the same analysis applies. Large portions of our society were raised by a mother who stayed at home, while dad went to work and earned money for the family. Dad was the "boss" of the family. Mom did the laundry, dishes, cleaned the house and made the meals. In this situation, I think that the person's gut, first impression of a woman running for president would be that she is not a world leader, rather a care taker. This is why I think that a woman will have an uphill battle getting elected to President.

I agree with Kristy, that none of this should matter and that we should look at the candidates platform. At the same time, I think many have a hard time seeing the platform when it is filtered through their life experiences.

Obviously, everything I am saying here is a grand generalization and there are many, many exceptions. When you are talking about a national election, however, I think that generalizations apply.

If I offended anyone, I apologize. It was not my intent. I just think that this is an interesting topic for an interesting forum.

Now back to Hedo and the bukkake gang bang!!!!!!!!!!

Jim - get another cup of coffee. Everything will be fine.

It could be worse, you could have Gordon Brown take over running the Country, we didn't even vote for him.

nice ending Jwell

Hey Emmy, plz don't tease me or I will keep you to your promise.
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7-28-8/4 2012 H2

Quote Originally Posted by EmmyandDoc View Post
    as a side note.. i would vote for a female or african american candidate.. just not those two! still republican still right wing baptist.. u can still suck it!
    xox
    Emmy
    That is twice you said "suck it!!" Patience birthday girl. November will come. LOL

exactly!! Is that an invitation or just attitude?
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7-28-8/4 2012 H2

CNN YouTube Debate

With the CNN YouTube debate this week, I thought I would revive this thread.

I found it interesting that most of the focus group favored Hillary going into the debate. Most of the same focus group felt that Obama had the better performance, yet only a few changed their opinion on who they would vote for.

Another interesting thing was one person who said that she would vote for Obama, because of his enthusiasm and personality - not his position on the issues.

Anyone care to chime in?

no!
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7-28-8/4 2012 H2

Positions tend to change after someone is elected. While they are important, I tend to vote more on my perception of their character than anything else.

Ok Jwell I am going to get you for starting a political thread in here. This si for Hedo not the election and last time I checked none of the politicans are going to hedo so stop with the politics and start with the nakedness
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7-28-8/4 2012 H2

Quote Originally Posted by jimandkristy View Post
    Ok Jwell I am going to get you for starting a political thread in here. This si for Hedo not the election and last time I checked none of the politicans are going to hedo so stop with the politics and start with the nakedness
    Jim - Truth be told, JAnewbies and Jwell100 are going to get you really drunk. We will then tie you down and talk to you about politics until you are ready to puke. In the morning, you WILL have a hang over (either from the alcohol or politics). We will then join you for breakfast and start a discussion about religion. I am sure your nausea will then return. LOL

Can't wait for H3!!!!!!!!!!!

If I may chime in here, (please forgive me if I offend anyone, but these are but my humble opinions), The odds of getting Obama or Hillary elected will be based SOLEY on their ability to rally the minority vote.

Coming from a southern state where it is not uncommon to see old white men sitting on a park bench using the dreaded "N" word in general conversation, I believe that if the democratic party does actually get Obama the bid and he is their candidate, he will have a VERY difficult time in these states. In the other regions of the US I cannot speak, since I have not lived there and do not know their mentality.

As for Hillary, she will have a similar fight on her hands here. These same old men believe that a woman's place is in the kitchen and she has no business in politics.

Now, bring in the younger crowd (30's-50's) and we have down home southern folk that believe that their dad thought that way, so should they. This mentality goes as far even to determine what truck to buy. SO this age demographic will be not as hard to sell, but still dificult.

Bring in the 20-30 yo group and now we have a generation that is set on defying their parents, looking to new ways to do things and breaking the mold. This can be a boost for Obama and Hillary, and another GREAT boost for those 2 is the simple fact that that same generation is getting the mindset of "The world owes me for being here, I don't have to work at all, and I should be paid $100,000 just for walking through the front door of a business". The republicans fight this ideology, while the democrats feed it (as a general statement). This generation will help get Obama and Hillary elected.

Now the question of which one gets the democratic bid? Well we have a nation of governement dependant wellfare receiving minorities (blacks, hispanic, etc) that will back Hillary just because her last name is Clinton and Ol' Bill Jeff gave away so much in welfare. So hillary has that strenth for her, and at the same time, you get almost the "brotha" perspective of the blacks supporting Obama simply becuase he is black.

This will be an election for the history books.

My personal choice? I belive in the simple voting principle of "no more incumbants". If they couldn't fix it in their original term another term will not help. We don't need to be so worried about if a black man or a woman gets elected, we need to worry if an idiot, or an asshole, or a psychopath, or an honest person gets elected.

It is time we as a nation begin to hold our elected officials to their responibilies and their promises.

Again, if I offeneded anyone, I apologize. Just my humble thoughts.

Vader

Now back to the titties.....
    If you never take the chance to be wrong, you never have the opportunity to be right.

http://www.darksidev2.com/hedo...Days of the DAMNED !!!!

Blog Entries
    What the heck... Let's do religion....

I'll start.

I believe there is a God.
    I believe that God exist, but can not and will not try to prove that he exists as I see him. I see him as I was raised and taught to see him, just the same as my parents were.

I know that hundreds of millions of people believe in a form of God. The question for me is, who is right. Is God the Father and Son Jesus Christ? Is he another form? I don't know.

Can scientist make a good arguement that no God exists at all... Yes

Here's where I stick to my guns. WHERE DID WE COME FROM???

Was it a big bang as some theories suggest? Did my lifeline start in a pool of water and then to land and then to ape and then to me? To me, that thinking is harder to swallow than a God in some form.

Why... WHERE DID THE BANG COME FROM and what caused it. Those who read my posts (poor souls you are) know I need answers. I have to know what causes things. I want to know what put everytrhing in place that was in place before the "BANG."

Everything I know of has a creator. A smooth rock is created by creek water running over it. The Grand Canyon was created by a river.

Hawaii was created by volcano eruptions. Clouds are created by moisture. I am fine with knowing things just occur naturally, but where did it start and why are most atheist so eager to prove that there is no greater power. Keep in mind here, I said greater power. I am not shoving a particular image of God upon anyone. I don't even shove one upon myself.

I go to church on Sundays and I tell my children that God exists.

People say to me "prove God exists," I say prove to me he doesn't. It's very clear that NO SIDE can declare victory.

Soooo, I take the stance that one of my atheist friends takes:

Whether there is a God, or not... If the world lived as the Bible says we should live, it would be a better place.

Yes, you can say that men created religion out of fear of death and it gives us something to look forward to after death.

One could also say that men challenged religion, to rid themselves of the fear they would go to Hell.

Again... WHO IS RIGHT???

There are those who say believing in a God makes a neat and tidy little "faith based" explanation for things.

I say that believing we just came from Monkeys does the same thing.

This post was not designed to sway, or change any opinions. I alredy know it won't, but it is something to ponder.
    Last edited by JAnewbies; 07-25-2007 at 02:40 PM.

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

uuuummmmm....ok

What can you say after that? Now granted I agree a great deal with you.

Our own personal beliefs are that of "deity" (as I tell people). I belive in the interaction of the universe with the spirits of every aspect of nature and interaction creates an omnipotant "being" or entity.

In all aspects of any religion, there must the foundation of faith, the point where when you ask the question "why" you accept the answer of "becuase it is" It does not matter what you believe, atheism, christian, judism, budhism, daoism, muslim, at some point you must accept the answer "becuase it is". Granted, most atheists never get to that point, but that just demonstrates their level of "faith".

Now, having said all that, and demonstrating that I am not an evil person....lol, here is a philosophical question ponder, and in line with what JA was doing......

Prove to me that you exist. That is a fun discussion many of my friends and I get into, that and "what does nothing taste like"
    If you never take the chance to be wrong, you never have the opportunity to be right.

http://www.darksidev2.com/hedo...Days of the DAMNED !!!!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast