Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Aug 4-11 thread

Blog Entries
    Laura just changed her planned toga last week. she'd kill me if I tell everyone what it looks like ... all I can say is that I am looking forward to it!

She talked me into a more traditional looking toga for myself. No sheet for me though - too much material

Sungodess I will be arriving on the 5th around 1 pm and my hubby arriving on the 6th.... So I will actually be there a whole day by myself...So I really need you to keep those drinks on ice....I look forward to meeting you and all the wonderful people on this forum...!!!!

You are going to be alone for a day??? Oh no! Come find me....you can come patry with us! :-)

Ok....I am going to have to plan something better for Toga night....any ideas? Any ideas for the other theme nights?

So I bought the "Naked truth about Hedo II" book (I know I am going to H3, but i figured it would still have some good info). I wanted to share a few of the suggestions with ya'll. (can you tell I'm from TX?)

It suggested that you make business cards to give to new friends...that way you can stay in touch (if you want) when you get home. You will need friends to help get you through the DIF! I printed some on my computer that have my name, email, and myspace page.

It also suggested to bring your own raft. I am bringing cheap ones so I can just leave them there. What you do is write your name and the date you are leaving.

Just a few that I thought were worth passing along. If there are any Hedo repeaters....please share other idea's with all of us newbies! :-)

Dif

Thyck... you know I will be there. I hope we can catch up with each other at the airport. It will be so cool to meet everyone.... Don't forget those of you that will be there on the 11th I will be celebrating my birthday (oh heck who am I fooling) I will be celebrating my birthday from the moment I step in the airport to leave on the 5th and until I go back to work on the 13th. ....

Do things at work seem to be getting more complicated and difficult the closer you get to the trip date? It is like everything is going crazy.... it is going to help me enjoy my trip that much more.

We'll be there

We are making our final list as I type this. We are going shopping this weekend to get anything we have not already gotten. It is so difficult to concentrate on the wedding and reception planning while thinking of things we need to take. Thank goodness our wedding planner at the resort has been on top of things for us. If anyone would like to witness our wedding, it will be on the 6th at 4pm. We are so looking forward to meeting everyone.

Registered User BLKCPLEJUSBROWS's Avatar
    We won't be in until the 7th so we will miss your wedding but an early congrats to you both, Brian and April.Gttn we will be there on the 11th for you birthday so be sure to get with us so we can help you celebrate .And Thyc let's try to do dinner and the Dunn's River hike and plenty of partying together

Sungoddess you are on....Im definately is going to find ya....
    Gttnmygrvback We will start our partying and celebrating your birthday at the airport!!! Thats good because that will make the ride to the resort so much fun!!!!
    Blkcplejusbrows Partying together is a must...dinner is an honor...and Dunns River hike will be fun.....I look forward to it all...

Gttnmygroove back YES things at work are more hectic....not to mention I still got so much more to get for this trip...But time is going by quickly...I think just the anticipation itself is whats so exciting....

WOW looks like the week is booked solid......this trip is gona be a blast... we will be renewing our wedding vow's on the 8th so everyone who wants come and have a drink with us after.... Scott and regina

subband144 - We leave on the 6th but will buy you both a drink before we leave. Hope you have a fantastic day in Paradise on the 8th. Congratulations!

Blog Entries
    Cool - several weddings/renewals during our week. We got to witness a renewal last August - it was very well done. Could not ask for a better place to do it.

There was one wedding during our first trip. We missed the wedding but it was great when they came back to the pool in their wedding under-attire.

What an awesome week! Weddings, renewals, birthdays! My sweetie and I are celebrating his graduation!!! Lots of reasons to drink!!!

Brian&April, it would be an honor to witness your wedding!! And party afterwards! Congrats to you both!

What day are we going to Dunns?? I am excited about that....we were in Ocho rios 2 years ago and didnt make it.....we had planned to go on the last day, when the bus got there to get us we were so drunk we couldn't walk to the bus....I really wanted to go....so it is a MUST this time!!!

I scheduled my nu-nu wax, pedi, and mani! :-) 14 days!!! I have to start packing this weekend....well, I have alrady started....I need to get more organized.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sungodess01 View Post
    So I bought the "Naked truth about Hedo II" book (I know I am going to H3, but i figured it would still have some good info). I wanted to share a few of the suggestions with ya'll. (can you tell I'm from TX?)

It suggested that you make business cards to give to new friends...that way you can stay in touch (if you want) when you get home. You will need friends to help get you through the DIF! I printed some on my computer that have my name, email, and myspace page.
    These are a good idea. We have never gotten around to it in the past. We have just written ppl's info down if we don't already have at least an email addr. Bring a pen - sometimes hard to come by.

It also suggested to bring your own raft. I am bringing cheap ones so I can just leave them there. What you do is write your name and the date you are leaving.
    There are lots of floats already there now. Someone a made good suggestion the other day to bring one of those floats with a bunch of holes in it for drinks - now that would be REALLY nice to have in the pool. Especially when someone is kind enough to keep filling it up

Just a few that I thought were worth passing along. If there are any Hedo repeaters....please share other idea's with all of us newbies! :-)
    hmmm - hard to provide much that you won't already get from Chris's book. Lots of threads here already about clothes, mugs, etc ...

Oh - I learned a lesson last Aug ... don't go into the duty free shop unless you don't mind unexpectedly dropping a whole lot more money on this trip

pretty shinny things + sexy scantily clad wife smiling and winking = $$$$$

(OK - I admit it was a beautiful necklace, a good price, and I love it when she wears it now - just warning you )

Quote Originally Posted by hare2party View Post
    Laura just changed her planned toga last week. she'd kill me if I tell everyone what it looks like ... all I can say is that I am looking forward to it!

She talked me into a more traditional looking toga for myself. No sheet for me though - too much material
    dammit- i just realized i only have 16 days to come up with a toga!
    maybe i won't wear one this year....hmm.

on the other hand- only 16 days to go!!!
    ***star girl- the one, the only, the original- accept no substitutes! ***

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast