Thread: Trip report Nov 1-7

Trip report Nov 1-7

Hi everyone.

Arriving in Jamaica
    Everything was almost the same. New things: masks, there is a new machine to complete customs information and to take a picture, and that's it.

Transport to Hotel
    It was basically the same. All good.

Arriving at Hedo
    The only difference is they ask you for the original Covid test and they keep it. It must be negative. I guess this is good.
    I was given the last sea view room in the prude area. It was far from the action. However, I liked it because I could get some peaceful rest when necessary.

Fun at Hedo
    I was so lucky to arrive the day of the anniversary celebration. It was awesome. Very nice dinner. The resort was packed. Employees told me the resort was at 90% capacity but I think it was at 100%. I had never seen so many people at Hedo. But it was awesome. Of course, most people were couples. I think only 4 single guys in the entire resort. Maybe 5 single women as well. Anyways, the crowd was awesome. I saw many repeats. I think I had seen all of them at least once in previous trips.
    In addition, I met new awesome people.

Fun at the pool
    The nude pool was super awesome. Very busy at all times. The entertainment was great. I think there were 3 different groups and all of them had great entertainment and games. Everybody was super happy having fun. From all my past trips, I would say this was the best when it comes to pool atmosphere.
    We had rain 1 day. However, it did not stop us from having a great time. We were playing like kids.

Restaurants
    Everything was pretty much the same. Maybe the only difference is that you ask them what you want to eat at the food stations and they give the food to you.

Covid restrictions
    The only restriction that I saw was the employees were wearing masks everywhere and guests had to wear masks in the lobby and the stores.
    Other than that, the environment was pretty much the same normal, which I love it.

Dirty Pervs
    The last couple of days a group named Dirty Pervs arrived. OMG, they are wild wild wild. I immediately noticed a higher level of party energy. For example, late at night, they bring their huge speakers to keep the party going at the pool (2 AM approx). Seriously, they are something else. I will try to book my next trip when they are there. BTW, they have many good looking people in their group.

Transport
    I used Rocky. It was a great service. I recommend it.

Final words
    I recommend 100% Hedo in spite of the Covid craziness that the world is going through. I was a little bit hesitant to go because I wanted to live a normal experience at Hedo like the old times. However, I do not regret at all my decision to go again. Other than the mask during the flight and the Covid test, the rest of my trip was normal.
    Oh, I forgot to mention, maybe it was because many people did not travel during the core of the Covid madness, but I noticed that many people wanted to socialize and was eager to do so during the trip. I guess we were all hungry for human touch, and we got it for sure

Thanks for the report, nice to know that things are “somewhat” normal. However, with the new covid variants popping up, who knows where we are headed. Sure hope things let up more before our April trip.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Many thanks for the great trip report....