Thread: Defloration Trip: Sept. 25 – Oct. 2, 2021

Somewhere in NYC. You’ll never guess where. Oh, wait.

Defloration Trip: Sept. 25 – Oct. 2, 2021

Let me start by confirming my preliminary report: this place is fucking awesome.

Kate (my wife) and I went to Hedo for the first time Sep. 25 – Oct. 2, 2021. We went with BeachBind, an event mostly for people interested in rope bondage. They have classes, workshops, private instruction, rope performances, and lots of interesting and helpful places to tie someone up, if you’re into that sort of thing, and we are. We had originally signed up to go to the May 2020 BB, which was canceled for some reason.

As the rescheduled date approached, we were burned out and desperate to go. And we had an amazing time.

I had expected that we would. In fact, my biggest fear was that I’d like it too much. See, Kate usually prefers not to return to places we’ve been on vacation. So I worried that I’d really want to go back soon but wouldn’t be able to negotiate a return trip for several years. But I needn’t have worried; after a few days, Kate was already talking about our next trip.

The trip from JFK was uneventful. Club Mobay made customs and immigration a breeze, and they gave us really good rum punch while we waited for the bus to Hedo. We took extra punch on the bus in our insulated cups, which turned out to be the only time all week we used them.

The bus ride to Hedo was the longest 90 minutes of my life because I really had to pee. The rum punch may have been a factor. While we were crawling through a little bit of traffic, one of our fellow passengers bought some weed from a local entrepreneur.

Check-in had a very minor hiccup. We first had to check in with Hedo, then with BeachBind, and then we had to wait until they had our room ready and could give us our keys. This last wait seemed awfully long, until someone figured out that because we had signed up for a premium room, we had been supposed to go the concierge desk instead of the front desk.

I should pause here to say that we weren’t exactly sure how Hedo would suit us. Our experience is mostly from the kink world, and we would go, for example, to BDSM-themed parties and to kink events like Dark Odyssey. Indeed, Kate and I first got to know each other well while platonically sharing a room at a DO event.

We both hate wearing clothes, but we never had much interest in nudist resorts as such.

Even before we started dating, we had known that neither one of us had much interest in monogamy. This has very rarely translated into swinging, and usually only in special circumstances. For example, while we were in Paris for a milestone birthday, we visited a club near the Louvre.

Our dynamic is basically open, and we play together or separately as we have opportunities and interest. We have little ones at home, though, so the opportunities are often lacking. And it’s often easiest for one of us to go out and play separately while the other stays at home with the kids. We’re theoretically poly, but we don’t have other partners now, and jobs and little kids make it hard to form new relationships—we barely have time for each other, much less new partners.

All of this is a very long way of saying that we really weren’t sure what we would find—or even be looking for—besides the rope stuff at our group’s event.

Then again, we’re both kind of exhibitionistic, and Kate was boggling at the idea that there were places where PDAs were perfectly OK. She didn’t really believe me, for example, that PDAs were common at the nude pool, but she changed her mind a few hours after check-in, when we went there and had our own PDA in a deck chair next to the pool. (Two subsequent times during our trip, the PDA was in the pool. Ahem.)

We stayed in a nude beach jacuzzi premium room. Like Club Mobay, this was an extravagance that Kate objected to at first, and then after experiencing it decided that it was totally worth it. The room was a little small, but it was lovely: modern enough, comfortable, and clean. The housekeepers did a stellar job.

We were pleasantly surprised to find that iced champagne and a small plate of chocolates, fruit, and cheese had been delivered to the room while we had been, um, cooling off in the pool.

It was convenient to have a minifridge of drinks that was restocked daily. It was also great to have a sliding glass door that opened on the deck with the hot tub, which itself was right on the beach. The sliding door’s latch, it must be said, was one of the few headaches during the trip; at first we couldn’t latch it properly, then, after it was fixed, a nearby lightning strike fried the latch’s electronics as well as the phone.

The food was fair, and we really enjoyed it once we adjusted our expectations. It was never less than adequate, and some stuff was really good. We would have liked more fresh vegetables, but maybe that’s a climate thing. The only really disappointing meal was the teppanyaki at Harry-san, and even then it was fun to feed the cat (who I decided was named Hobie).

I was surprised at how little interplay there seemed to be between the different groups that were there. For example, for the glow party, I used UV-reactive rope to tie Kate into a harness that highlighted her delightful shape, and we went to the pool deck to join the party. We were the only ones there from BeachBind, and it seemed as though we were in a bubble; people wouldn’t even dance near us. (Although sometimes I suspect that Kate and I are so obviously into each other that maybe others feel that they’d just be butting in where they’re not wanted.)

That said, there was some interaction with people outside of our group, and we enjoyed it a lot. We spent a lot of time at the nude pool, which was generally full of people who were with another group. And one of the PDAs at the nude pool (mentioned above) included “interaction” with some of those other attendees. And then there were the magic sex pixies we found on the beach right outside our room one night.

But I discussed this someone from our group who was attending his third BeachBind, and he said that there seemed to be a lot less sex this time than previously. So maybe it was just one of those things.

We explored and enjoyed some of the other stuff that Hedo offers. We signed up for the catamaran trip, which included snorkeling and a cave swim. This catamaran trip was just for our group, so it also included lots of people being tied to interesting parts of the boat in interesting ways.

We took advantage of scuba diving, too. My wife went diving on three of the days of our trip. I went out on two of the days, but, both times I began to hyperventilate on the descent and went back to the boat. I tried to deal with it by doing a scuba refresher, which went very well, but it didn’t do what I needed. The dive masters and the instructor were wonderfully patient with me.

Other water activities were a lot of fun, including an afternoon taking out a Hobie cat. Kate and I went out on stand-up paddleboards, and enjoyed that, too; I brought a waterproof camera and got several shots of her with Sandals clearly visible in the background, in case family demanded to see pictures of our trip.

In short, we had a great time. Our own event was fun and interesting, and we loved the Hedo experience, including the resort activities and just being around other people looking to relax and have fun while naked. It was also wonderful to recharge and reconnect with each other. We can’t wait for our next trip. (Tentatively Apr. 30 – May 7, 2022, in case you’re wondering.)

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Awesome detailed report and thank you for sharing this.

My pleasure—I’m glad that you liked it.

Can it be time to go back now?

We were there at the same time and have the same opinion. Going back in Feb. Not sure where your room was, but I remember us having some nighttime, and daytime, "activity" in front of those jacuzzi rooms. Never did that before, can't wait to do it again...... and again.

Hey, you’re naked on a beach with a deck chair, some rope, and a sex goddess, and I guess some kind of “activity” is going to be inevitable.

We were about midway down the nude beach. You?