Thread: Gluten Free??

Gluten Free??

OK I know its a long shot but does anyone know if Hedo offers any Gluten free options on the menu?

Asking for a friend

Quote Originally Posted by cancouple View Post
    OK I know its a long shot but does anyone know if Hedo offers any Gluten free options on the menu?

Asking for a friend
    Think of a buffet. YOU pick what YOU want from breads (with gluten, of course), cereals (ditto) eggs bacon ham, Jamaican breakfasts, fruit etc. Lunch might be BBQ chicken, or fish or fries, salad, fruit. Lots of choices at dinner. Avoid the breads and cakes, choose the meats, rice, vegetables, fruit ... Ice cream from the self serve machine. Wine, avoid the beer if you react badly to it. The more formal dining room has an actual menu (or did). Steak, lamb chops, salad (self serve), vegetables etc. Unless you ahve a very limited diet, you'll probably manage quite well.

I manage to avoid the reactors -- cheese, milk, ice cream. Never went home hungry at Hedo. The chicken and fries are excellent survivor food. The meat's not bad, great vegetables, excellent salads and local fruits. Time to go back -- once Covid is beaten down.

PNK

Buffets usually have diverse choices like meats, rice, vegetables, and fruits that are safe to pick. Have you considered using organic coconut milk powder in your meals? It's a versatile, dairy-free alternative that can add richness to dishes without gluten worries. Exploring such options might bring even more variety and flavor to your meals at Hedo.
    Last edited by Grrudwin1980; 01-09-2024 at 11:47 AM.

My wife and I are gluten-free. We have been to Hedo many times. There are plenty of gluten-free options at Hedo. Sometimes, they are now labeling gluten-free items at the buffet and also dessert bar. However, I have noticed there are some things, meat for example, that are gluten-free but are not labeled. You can also ask those behind the buffet, but I have gotten conflicting answers, so you should not rely on that. Only the cooks really know, so if the cook tells you, then you should be good. You can also ask to speak to a chef when you arrive, and they will try to accommodate any dietary needs. If you get to a meal and can't find something you want, they will make you something special. At the restaurants where you are ordering from a menu, make your server aware that you are gluten-free, and if you have questions, they will either know or they can find out.

We’re at Hedo now and everything is very clearly labelled if it is gluten free or not.
    Last edited by MBthongs; 01-19-2024 at 03:50 PM.