Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you go or not

Hi! were locals allowed on the resort?

This is an update from the Jamaica Observer regarding vaccines. https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/fron...4?profile=1606

I put trips off long enough. I'm healthy and vaccinated and will probably have a booster before I go. If I get infected, I won't die and likely won't even notice the symptoms. I just might get stuck there for an extra week in lesser accommodations. I can deal with that. Be there on Sept 30th. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesrobc View Post
    I put trips off long enough. I'm healthy and vaccinated and will probably have a booster before I go. If I get infected, I won't die and likely won't even notice the symptoms. I just might get stuck there for an extra week in lesser accommodations. I can deal with that. Be there on Sept 30th. Looking forward to it.
    Love this response, and have a wonderful time. You're being responsible, and taking every precaution
    you can. How long do we continue to live our lives in fear of this thing? What quality of life can we have if we continue to live with restrictions?
    Last edited by popatop; 09-10-2021 at 11:49 AM.
    Couples, San Souci- August, 2016
    Hedo II - August, 2017
    Couples, Negril- August, 2018 including 2 day passes to Hedo

Somewhere in NYC. You’ll never guess where. Oh, wait.
    That's pretty much what we’ve been thinking, too. See you there. (We’re going to be there Sep 25 – Oct. 2.)

I don't think it would be unreasonable to mandate proof of vaccines from foreign visitors upon entry.
    2021 Nov 20 to Dec 4 (15 days) Hedo II (Covid pandemic)
    2020 Nov 21 to Dec 5 (15 days) Hedo II (Baz Adv Dive cert-Pandemic)
    2019 May Secrets Hideaway FL
    2019 Dec 6 to 16th (11 days) Hedo II
    2018 Dec 26 to 2019 Jan 7 Hedo II (13 days) Happy NYE
    2017 Nov 22-Dec 2: Hedo II (11 days)
    2017 Sept 14-16: Sandy Bottoms Resort
    2017 Apr 28-May 8: Hedo II (10 days perfect) New friends, experiences and great times along with OW Scuba cert
    2016 Jan 1-Jan 8: Hedo II (8 days) newbies and enjoyed

We rebooked 3 times already, this time we're vaccinated and insured. It's looking like Covid is a permanent part of life now, so we're going to live with it. We'll be there October so long as our plane flies. If the worst happens and we have to quarantine in Jamaica for 2 weeks, that's the price we pay to live our lives I guess!
    Longest legs at
    Desire RM July 2018
    Hedo June 2019
    Hedo Oct 2021
    Desire Pearl Oct 2022
    Bliss April 2023
    Grand Miches Oct 2023

Quote Originally Posted by bloodhound View Post
    I'm scheduled to visit hedo for Halloween. The delta variant seems to be spreading. Will hedo social distance the Nude pool or the piano. I know this seems to be extreme but what will the jamaican government feel. I'd love your opinion.
    I'm going after all. Can't miss Halloween and the Anniversary party. Lets have Fun .

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianVixen View Post
    We rebooked 3 times already, this time we're vaccinated and insured. It's looking like Covid is a permanent part of life now, so we're going to live with it. We'll be there October so long as our plane flies. If the worst happens and we have to quarantine in Jamaica for 2 weeks, that's the price we pay to live our lives I guess!
    We agree with this and the other posters with similar sentiments. We are vaccinated and careful in our daily lives. To be fair, parts of the U.S have high transmission rates as well. At least our plane to Jamaica will be full of tested individuals (which is something, though not perfect. It's better than any domestic flight!)

We went in July and had an amazing time. We will be there for Halloween. Respect.

Love your avatar, CanadianVixen!

Quote Originally Posted by WataView View Post
    Love your avatar, CanadianVixen!
    Thank you!
    Longest legs at
    Desire RM July 2018
    Hedo June 2019
    Hedo Oct 2021
    Desire Pearl Oct 2022
    Bliss April 2023
    Grand Miches Oct 2023

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
    There was an article in the Jamaican newspaper about a female Hedo guest. She tested positive, was quarantined at Hedo for 10 days. She got so sick that they moved her to the hospital and then moved to a different hospital. They told her husband he should get her transported to US but he said they didn’t have insurance to pay for transport. She died in the Jamaican hospital. She was 3 months pregnant.
    We are supposed to go in December but this is getting scary.
    Is it fair to assume she was not vaccinated as a crazy amount of pre-pregnant or pregnant women are refusing vaccination?
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

We were there Sept 8-18. Place was 50% full which is great for September. Nude pool was busy, lots of socializing, etc. No one was in Covid Island and no one in our group (50+ rooms) had / came down with Covid after the trip. It was a great trip.
    Trip #12 - September 2023 with the Seamore's Misfits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12