Thread: Cap d'Agde vs. Hedo for a Single Male

Cap d'Agde vs. Hedo for a Single Male

Hi,

I have been to Hedo several times and have always had a great time. Never had trouble meeting couples and everyone is very friendly. I am headed to Europe in a couple weeks and am thinking about staying in Cap d'Agde for a week, and was wondering if anyone has been to both and can compare the two. Or if anyone has any general advice for a single male going to Cap d'Agde. I am fluent in English and German, but unfortunately don't speak French (not sure if that will be a major issue or not). Hope to hear from you.
    Easy going, classy, educated, & professional. I expect nothing, but don't rule out anything either.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have been to both (Cap-once, Hedo 15 times)and feel Hedo is an easier venue for singles to mingle where the Cap is spread out and the while the nightclubs are awesome I think there would be more down time socializing, especially not speaking French. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by shepaski View Post
    Hi,

I have been to Hedo several times and have always had a great time. Never had trouble meeting couples and everyone is very friendly. I am headed to Europe in a couple weeks and am thinking about staying in Cap d'Agde for a week, and was wondering if anyone has been to both and can compare the two. Or if anyone has any general advice for a single male going to Cap d'Agde. I am fluent in English and German, but unfortunately don't speak French (not sure if that will be a major issue or not). Hope to hear from you.
    We were at Cap some years ago. A couple of thoughts:
    The french are very formal and do not (usually) engage in conversations with people to whom they have not been introduced. We NEVER had a conversation with people on the beach. They tended to sit in family groups (including grandma) but did not engage in other people. And we speak adequate French. French speakers were the dominant groups (some Brits, Dutch, Germans) but again, they tended to keep linguistically to themselves. Not the most friendly vacation. Much prefer Hedo or Desire where most everyone mixes, mingles, and converses.
    The french usually take their own bedding and linens on vacation (unless in a hotel). The bedding etc. that was supplied (at additional cost) to pour rental unit was, to say the least, disgusting -- worn, frayed, thin, but clean. You might want to determine if bedding s supplied or needs to be rented. And added cost that North Americans don't usually plan for.

Enjoy shopping naked and clothing buying (and trying on) in the middle of the street.

PNK
    Hedo once again, Sept 11 - 18 if all goes as planed

We've been to both Cap d Agde and Hedo 6 or 7 times each. For us, Cap d Agde is easily our favorite destination. We're a couple so I don't know if I could offer much advice suitable for a single guy. I also have no idea what the experience will be like this summer given that France is just now opening up.

We've met some wonderful couples literally from all over the world at Cap. Mainly French people but we've met people from Germany, Spain, Israel, England, Netherlands, Portugal. This is one of our favorite things about Cap and we've remained friends with many of these people. I can speak enough French to get by. Not speaking French will be a bit of problem though. The French are more formal and that is sometimes interpreted as being standoffish but nothing could be further from the truth. French people are some of the friendliest we've ever met.

The clubs, pool parties, foam parties, restaurants, beach scene of Cap d Agde are fantastic.

We do occasionally see single guys at Cap but we have no idea if their expectations are met. Some of the clubs allow singles but some are couples only including the Glamour Foam Party. If the social aspects of your trip are most important, you are much better off at Hedo.

Please tell us more about Hedo. I've always wanted to go there. I am very interested!!
    Last edited by ConnorSharp; 07-11-2021 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PNK View Post
    We were at Cap some years ago. A couple of thoughts:
    The french are very formal and do not (usually) engage in conversations with people to whom they have not been introduced. We NEVER had a conversation with people on the beach. They tended to sit in family groups (including grandma) but did not engage in other people. And we speak adequate French. French speakers were the dominant groups (some Brits, Dutch, Germans) but again, they tended to keep linguistically to themselves. Not the most friendly vacation. Much prefer Hedo or Desire where most everyone mixes, mingles, and converses.
    The french usually take their own bedding and linens on vacation (unless in a hotel). The bedding etc. that was supplied (at additional cost) to pour rental unit was, to say the least, disgusting -- worn, frayed, thin, but clean. You might want to determine if bedding s supplied or needs to be rented. And added cost that North Americans don't usually plan for.

Enjoy shopping naked and clothing buying (and trying on) in the middle of the street.

PNK
    Hedo once again, Sept 11 - 18 if all goes as planed
    Thanks for the information. I am just trying to wrap my head around, how it is not a social atmosphere. I mean if 50% of the people there are Swinger/Lifestyle oriented, how do they expect to meet other people if they are not social with one another?
    Easy going, classy, educated, & professional. I expect nothing, but don't rule out anything either.

Quote Originally Posted by 46to10 View Post
    We've been to both Cap d Agde and Hedo 6 or 7 times each. For us, Cap d Agde is easily our favorite destination. We're a couple so I don't know if I could offer much advice suitable for a single guy. I also have no idea what the experience will be like this summer given that France is just now opening up.

We've met some wonderful couples literally from all over the world at Cap. Mainly French people but we've met people from Germany, Spain, Israel, England, Netherlands, Portugal. This is one of our favorite things about Cap and we've remained friends with many of these people. I can speak enough French to get by. Not speaking French will be a bit of problem though. The French are more formal and that is sometimes interpreted as being standoffish but nothing could be further from the truth. French people are some of the friendliest we've ever met.

The clubs, pool parties, foam parties, restaurants, beach scene of Cap d Agde are fantastic.

We do occasionally see single guys at Cap but we have no idea if their expectations are met. Some of the clubs allow singles but some are couples only including the Glamour Foam Party. If the social aspects of your trip are most important, you are much better off at Hedo.
    Out of curiosity, where did you meet the people that you became friends with? At Hedo the nude beach/pool seems to be where people socialize and get to know one another before the evening. Is the beach at Cap not that way?

Out of curiosity, where did you meet the people that you became friends with? At Hedo the nude beach/pool seems to be where people socialize and get to know one another before the evening. Is the beach at Cap not that way?
    The beach at Cap is a mile and half long. You'll see every sort of person there including families. It's not a small beach like Hedo that lends itself to socializing as easily. There is a section of the beach where the lifestylers hang out. I imagine that's more social but we don't spend much time on the beach other than taking a walk or grabbing lunch. The hotel we stay at has a really nice private pool which is where we generally hang out and we've met people there. The best place for us to meet people are the Foam parties, pool parties, any of the clubs or even the bars. The evenings IMO are more of a social time. Striking up a conversation with people at the next table at dinner is also fairly easy.
    Last edited by 46to10; 07-14-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Got it, thanks for the advice. Do you think its worth it to stay in one of the hotels instead of staying in an AirBnB/apartment in the Port Nature or somewhere else?

Got it, thanks for the advice. Do you think its worth it to stay in one of the hotels instead of staying in an AirBnB/apartment in the Port Nature or somewhere else?
    Hard to answer that question. We've stayed at both and we prefer the hotels but there are some really nice apartments that are much cheaper. Cap d Agde is HUGE compared to something like Hedo so depends on your budget and where in the naturist quarter you want to be. Port Nature is close to a lot of the restaurants and club and fairly close to the beach. We've seen quite a few balcony parties at Port Nature so it seems like a fairly social crowd.

I ended up getting a place in Port Nature, since I have heard that is the more social area. Final question I promise. Does anyone know how easy it is to get 420 in Cap d'Agde? I am flying in Barcelona and am debating whether it makes more sense to try and get it there.