Thread: Meet-Cute at Airport, Flight or Shuttle

Meet-Cute at Airport, Flight or Shuttle

Booking an all-inclusive trip tends to involve flight and transportation with a package.

Without prior planning, has anyone met fellow travelers going to Hedo at the airport, on the flight or on the shuttle to the resort and got to know them before stepping foot on the beach?

Also, I assume the long shuttle would be dropping people off at other resorts as well. Can that get awkward? Exciting? Any drinks served along the way?

Lets hear some stories of the anticipation as you head to your paradise destination.

Blog Entries
    If you take the bus there will be lots of Hedo folks on it and it takes about 90 minutes, so there is plenty of time to meet folks.
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

We took our virgin trip last year and meet friends on the bus, a couple on the bus who invited dinner and was glad to show the ropes. My wife was very nervous about going to the naked, and they were very comfort with helping her. (It was nervous for at least 2 - minutes.) We have been friends since and have coordinated our next trip later this year since we have enjoyed our friendship. So we were well worth the bus in our experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Slardybartfast View Post
    Booking an all-inclusive trip tends to involve flight and transportation with a package.

Without prior planning, has anyone met fellow travelers going to Hedo at the airport, on the flight or on the shuttle to the resort and got to know them before stepping foot on the beach?

Also, I assume the long shuttle would be dropping people off at other resorts as well. Can that get awkward? Exciting? Any drinks served along the way?

Lets hear some stories of the anticipation as you head to your paradise destination.
    The answer from a Barrie couple who have visited for MANY years is YES. We have booked through almost all the prominent Canadian whole-sellers, and airlines (nor AC!)

Depending on the flight and day and time of year, you may find yourself on the minibus from the airport alone, with a couple of others, or a bus load. We have (depending on time of flight) dropped off a couple of people at one resort (possibly two) -- or not. The fastest drive was 57 minutes (late evening). Years ago we were in a compact minibus with about 16 others, all headed to Hedo. That was a party (but I can't tell you the details -- secret).

Our preferred flight for a few years was the WJ early afternoon, mid-week. It got us to the resort for supper. The return flight (about 7:00pm) gave us almost a full day on the beach before we left. We cleaned up and dressed at the spa, after lunch and headed to MBJ relaxed. We also packed a sandwich lunch with us, since the airline food (if any) was not worth having.

I guess the latest flight schedules are very changed.

A game on the plane was to try to guess who's a Hedo guest. Almost always wrong, unless they wear a Hedo shirt (or similar). Really fun to get the shocked looks when we tell other passengers where we are going. All part of the fun.

Now if we can get everyone vaccinated (we have had ours), then we can head back to Hedo once again. I need the sun, sand, sea etc.

Have a good one

PNK

Great info. By the way, I am also from Barrie

A few years back on our January trip Harry was on the bus with us. Everyone except us were first timers so they didn't know who he was. He bought a round a beers at regular stop. Cool to see him riding to the resort like the guests.
    Past trips

Jan 3 - Jan 10 2016

Jan 5-14 2017

Jan 4-10 2018

January 5 - January 14 2019

January 11- 18, 2020

Cancelled Jan 8- 16 2021

July 2 - 10 2021

January 22 -29 2022

We rode the bus our first trip (8 year's ago). Sun Holiday Shuttle which is a recommended by the Resort. As newbie's we didn't realize all but one person on the bus with us was going to the resort with us. We didn't talk much on the ride down just listened to people talk and one couple we figured out was going with us because the one not going with all of us started a convo with them and we could hear them talking about their destination. Long story short (even though we didn't talk to them on the ride down) we made long lasting friends that we now travel with and talk to a lot. If we had only known and not been so shy on the bus we could have started the party with them a day earlier. We are going again in October 2021 (4th trip) and we talked about just riding the bus to try and meet some new friends on the ride to Negril. Not as shy now!!
    Temptation Cancun March 2008 and April 2011
    Virgins, Hedo 2 April 6-11 2013
    non virgin, Hedo 2 April 12-19 2014
    Next trip Hedo 2 April 10-15 2017

First two years we went to Hedo we took the shuttle bus. Both rides no one went to Hedo and to be honest we weren't really talkative (after 22h traveling from Netherlands). Last two Hedo trips we used private transportation, because we always land in the evening and we want to get to Hedo as fast as possible witthout stops in between

Hedo II March 2023, I think March is our favorite month One Love!
    Hedo II March 2022 was goooooood, first time YSW and an extra week before that. Met some awesome ppl again, so in love with this place <3
    Hedo II March 2020, last guests there before the corona lockdown and our trip was cut short by a week, but it was GOOOOOOD
    Hedo II March 2018, can't wait to go back!
    Hedo II March 2017, first time and addicted since

On our 2nd or 3rd trip, they still had hedo dedicated busses.

This guy would not stop talking. Everything and anything and back then the trip was a little longer due to road conditions. On top of him not talking, I get motion sickness in Jamaica. I'm a roller coaster girl, the bigger the better. But for some reason, driving on the left side of the road makes me sick. Every. Single. Glory Day. Story.

Being the only person him and his wife knew, they clung to us. It wouldn't have been a problem if he was more mellow, but even his wife was embarrassed with how much he yammered on.