Thread: First timers!

First timers!

Hello all, so happy to be a part of this group. My husband and I are planning our first trip to Hedo! We are very excited, but have a couple questions we are hoping you all can help with. 1. We follow a plant-based diet and wondered if any other travelers had experience with this type of diet at Hedo? 2. We booked a trip to Negril two years ago intending to stay on 7 mile. We were slightly disappointed as our resort was located on Bloody bay and we could not access the Long Beach portion from the sand. Is it possible to walk the Long Beach portion from the beach at Hedo? 3. Any tips on what to pack or just general tips?
    Thank you all!

Hi and welcome, just a short answer to your questions. Yes , you can walk down the beach. There is a security guard at the end of the property and a gate in the fence. You just have to give your name and room number. Bring money with you, a shopping area is just on the other side of Sandals, if you walk all the way to Margaritaville and don't feel like walking back, you can get a taxi to return to Hedo. As far as a packing list, many posts have lists you can take a look at. Bring an insulated mug since the cups at the pool bar are small. Also bring a plugin strip for chargers, etc., the room never has enough outlets. As far as your diet question, I don't know since I am not familiar with that type of diet, just remember, at Hedo, calories don't count, so you can eat whatever you want.

If you have dietary concerns and don;w want to wait until you arrive, you can email the executive chef at anthonymiller@hedonism.com
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Thank you so much for your help, I will definitely do this.

Hi! We are both vegan. Upon check-in, we asked about vegan meals, and they brought out the head chef who said it wouldn’t be a problem. But, we found it challenging to stay vegan throughout our stay. The resort will do its best to accommodate, but make sure you state your preferences to the wait staff each time you visit one of the restaurants. HarrySan (the Asian hibachi restaurant) is a food option, because it can be customized and you can watch them cook it for you. There aren’t a lot of options at the other places, however, so we had to make an exception and eat a little seafood while we were there. The buffet was hit or miss. Bring lots of your own packaged snacks with you if possible.

Having said that, we’re not going there for the food. Don’t let this discourage you from booking a trip to Hedo.

The good news — the liquor is plant based