Thread: July 17-25 report

July 17-25 report

Here is the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I was first struck how seriously the Jamaican government is taking the pandemic. More so than the US is. When we arrived from Miami another airplane unloaded at the same time. I am glad we paid for Club MoBay as we were the first to arrive at immigration. We had our temperature checked as a couple and the results written down on a slip of paper. We proceeded to one of 6 tables where we were questioned about our health. From there we grabbed our bags. This took approximately 15-20 minutes and we were now having a rum punch in the club.

We were told there would be no stopping along the way unless we absolutely needed to use the restroom. I insisted that we stop at our favorite roadside bar. These people are hit hard so I was glad to send them some business. Once we arrived at the resort we were greeted by some dancers and lots of thanks for coming back, nice touch.

The resort was pretty much open to ourselves. The Fluffs were all gone and only DMV was in almost full force but they hung out at the prude pool. There was never more than 8 people at the nude beach and never more than 12 in the pool. The bright side was you never waited for a drink. We played trivia every day in the pool and the Hedo bucks were flying freely. If it weren't for Harry's friend in the pool every day with her card game, we would have been bored. One day after Harry learned that only 2 couple's signed up for the late afternoon catamaran cruise, he invited all of us along and paid for it out of his own pocket. I can see he genuinely wanted the few people who were at his resort to have a good time. On a side note he told me that he continued to pay all of his staff while the place was shut down. Very classy act.

All the employees wear masks. The ONLY time we were required to wear one was in the gift shop. And they handed them to you. At the buffet they had workers stationed at every table to place the food on your plate. No "help yourself" anymore.

Harry also told me 2 new chefs were hired and I can attest to that by the quality of the food. There was no need for reservations all week so we ate at all 3 restaurants.

We have never been fans of the piano bar but one night we dropped in at 1030. It was a small group, maybe 10 of us, Harry included. It was a very intimate experience and loads of fun. And then Winston showed up and kicked it up a further notch. I'm still amazed at how talented this kid is. He had one of the twins with him and she can really belt out some songs.

All in all it was one of the top 3 trips in my book. We've been 10 times. It was a more intimate experience for us. It wasn't the Hedo that we are all used to but we still had lots of fun. If you require masses of nude people, lots of PDAs, bumping elbows in the pool, waiting 5 minutes for a drink at the pool, serving yourself at the buffet, you will be remiss. But we came down with a few friends, made a few more there, and just partied every day with our small group of 12, and had a GREAT time. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Hope this helps to get people comfortable enough to get back home. You won't regret it.
    Last edited by ajv767fo; 07-26-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Thanks for the very prompt report and glad you had a great time!

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Outstanding trip report from your objective point of view. Thank you for sharing with us who have pending trips.

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to getting back even more after reading this.

Sounds like a great time!

The Rocky Mountain way is better than the way we had.
    Great report. Makes us want to be there right now. What a unique experience you had.

Awesome news and great report. Thanks!