Thread: Scuba in two weeks (1/20)

Scuba in two weeks (1/20)

I hoping someone can point me in the right direction to find out more information about scuba at Hedonism. We we will be there on the 20th and was hoping to get a dive in. I'm looking for details on days, times, types of dives, location of dives etc. Does anyone know if they allow bubble watchers on the boat? Thanks in advance for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by B and K View Post
    I hoping someone can point me in the right direction to find out more information about scuba at Hedonism. We we will be there on the 20th and was hoping to get a dive in. I'm looking for details on days, times, types of dives, location of dives etc. Does anyone know if they allow bubble watchers on the boat? Thanks in advance for your help!
    I would suggest you email Hedo. They will get back to you quick.

They have scuba diving twice daily if weather permits. The first dive is 9 or 9:30 and usually requires one to have advanced OW certification as they go to deeper dive spots. The second dive is open to all certified divers and is around 11:30. The Hedo dive staff are excellent and they will also certify new divers for a fee. They also have the discovery dive program for $75 (it's only valid during your current stay at the resort). I don't know If they allow bubble watchers.

I'll do that, Thanks Sandra/Rick.

JamCouple, thanks for the helpful information. Much appreciated!

JamCouple covered it nicely! I will add that you should take your cert card to the dive shop and sign up for any and all dives you want to participate in as soon as possible. If you arrive on Saturday, don't wait until Tuesday to sign up for a Thursday dive! You won't be diving!

I agree with tomnlarie.

We are advanced divers so we can go on the early deep dive. Even on that dive the boat is full. There is usually a waiting line for the second dive. We usually give up our spots on the second dive, not fair to dive two times while others do not get to go.

There are a lot of divers on your week, looking forward to meet you on the boat.

Sign up as soon as you can for the day or days you want to dive and do not forget your cert cards

I could not have summed it up better, and to answer the question, normally bubble watchers are not on the dive boat because of limited space. That said, I have gone out once when I could not dive (reverse squeeze). They may have let me because they know me (I have done more than 50 dives at Hedo). You definitely need your C-Card and sign up early. Generally, my first stop after checking in is the dive shop.