Thread: Lovin' Life with AWOL July 20-27, 2019

Smile Lovin' Life with AWOL July 20-27, 2019

AWOL - July 20-27, 2019
    My 27th Trip

Getting up at 3am is rough, but soooo worth doing when you’ll be at the resort before noon! This time I used the new online immigration form: https://c5online.pica.gov.jm/apply/ It was very easy to complete and you get an ‘All Done!’ pop-up message when it is successful submitted (no confirmation email). When I got to immigration, they had a sign up that said online form submissions had to go to desk 19-36, but no one was at the non-VIP desks. They got someone and I skipped the normal waiting line and was processed using my passport. After getting my bag, the customs desk didn’t have the software installed yet, so the rep wrote down my information and had me go through. Normally they would scan your passport at that desk as well. These bumps should be worked out soon if not already. The Sunholiday shuttle lady started smiling and writing my vouchers as soon as she saw me, and it wasn’t long before I was on my way with a bus full of H2 peeps.

New Resort and General Trip Info

 Wi-Fi is accessed by going to resort website, no longer need to login, very consistent signal.

 Pandora main website only works if using VPN (not resort Wi-Fi).

 N. side speakers (including ones near hot tub and mounted on previous mural wall) were added while I was there.

 N. side grill has a container with 3 different types of cookies & remember there is ice-cream in the nook too so you can mix up some extra yum!

 Bitey bugs like to snack on bitey bug magnet peeps, spray your legs if you want to avoid the itch. Also, if bitten, you can aim the room hair dryer at the bite for a few seconds (until it stings) to kick the itch for hours.

 Tummy bug or food reaction hit quite a few peeps this week. Bring real antacid meds (not just Tums). Also, the staff recommended 2 local remedies: drinking bitters & ginger ale or club soda; and gin with salt.

 Pool heater was sporadically run at night, which was nice for us late night peeps, but also warmed up the water daytime even though they only had it on recirculate then. When they only had it on recirculate (no heat) all day and night, the daytime pool water temp was better.

o 2 water returns/incoming spots are in the corner on each side of the pool. Also known as ‘pee holes’ because it feels like… These are nice to be next to when the water is heated and the night is cool.

 Compact umbrella is useful to have in your beach bag, especially with summer storms. Sonic boom type storms hit twice and the pool was evacuated. These could be used in and out of the pool other times.

 Room A/C unit remote has a ‘swing’ mode. If the air is blowing on the bed, use this button to stop/start ‘swinging’ until it is in the best ‘spot’ (got tons of laughs when trying to explain this to others there).

 Tiled smoking area next to piano bar is boarded up in preparation for dispensary to be opened on site. Peeps were smoking on the deck behind the piano bar and beyond the wine bar.

 New bridge type n. side path across from the hot tub leads to a smoking area with benches and ‘butt’ container (also accessible by walking past where Chris the wood carver sits).

 Piano bar has a new piano player, Michael, who also performs with the resort band. He is really good, just needs to learn more songs as time goes on.

 Piano Bar entertainment

o Stephanie: Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday
    o Piano player and Winston on Monday
    o Tuesday & Thursday Karaoke (Wayan & Denise)
    o Friday – bar only

 A lot of new entertainment and food service staff throughout the resort. Many are still learning the job and the resort environment so personalities and service should be back to our norm soon.

o Many familiar faces in the main dining room, but Pastafari is pretty much all new peeps.

 Pastafari: new chef, new food options. The ones I tried were very tasty and decent portions (were never large). Desserts were removed to allow more peeps to eat in there.

 Room next to gift shop has shelves of food, etc. – was told it was storage room by another guest

 The resort was redoing some of the cement sidewalks and an area behind H block.

 My fav dessert, chocolate bread pudding, has been served at lunch on Thursday last few trips. Def worth trying with some soft serve ice cream. YUM!!

 If you haven’t tried it before, get some of the Coco bread at lunch time. It is soft and homemade tasting yum. Introduced it to some peeps and next day they had plate just for it!

 The paper straws at the resort don't last long in drinks. I use a sipper cup daytime and this cup/straw combo at night: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 I am def not a negative person, but the YSW group was in house this week and the organizers (not the peeps booked with them) did not operate as most groups and group leads do where we try to add to the experience vs intentionally separating peeps. This group already had a reputation when they did HS-level popularity contests and took over the stage the year before for their own events and this time they continued to do so. SMH The resort has costume contests at dinnertime as a norm. This time only YSW peeps could enter these many of the nights and the resort didn’t have others that allowed all peeps. For me the resort is a place of unity and fun for everyone. Luckily AWOL and others there this week won’t have to deal with this next year – YSW will and needs to have their own week for this reason if not others. Rant over.

Trip Funnies & Memories

 Day one and ‘What a Wiener’! Even had gents on the lookout and most ‘wood’ just say no! LOL!!

 1st and possibly 2nd day-itis hit once again!

o Peeps forgot hours of fun, even eating dinner! 😉
    o Went to bed for a nap and woke up the following morning thinking it was still the night before and proceeded to get ready for glow night
    o Tried to take a nap with their head resting on the side of the pool then proceeded to choke on pool water and require other guests to wake/stand them up again

 Laughter and more laughter

o 1st time I laughed so hard, my head hurt!
    o Was told to stop laughing because someone’s cheeks hurt the next morning.
    o If peeps ask me to laugh on cue, then ya gotta do something funny 1st! smh

 New peeps learned to ‘beware the wet spot’ when sitting down on the edge of the piano bar window one night. Not sure it is a good idea to test the consistency with your hands either…

 Being a witness for an amazing couple who had been together for 31 yrs. and decided to get married while at the resort. Only wish I had been dressed in more than a castaways coverup!! Best wishes my peeps!!!

 I was told my ‘holy’ catsuit was pettable and ‘epic’ – guess it was worth wearing in the July heat. Then again later in the night someone asked if wearing it made me feel horny and I said, ‘No it’s just hot’. smh

 Nights once again full of small happies, happy peeps, midnight pizza, music & a pool often until after 3am. I thought it was early (~2am) one night and it still ended up being quarter to 3!

 If someone says they will go to bed ‘after the drink after this one’, it pretty much means neva. LOL!

 Do not use ‘caution tape’ put up for cement and other resort repairs as guideposts for where your room is – these do move from time to time. LOL!

 True story (ugh for the awesome peep), nipple rings and net shirts do not mix well. Luckily, she had lots of extra fun pasties to cover the ouchie spot the rest of the trip.

 Being offered ‘chocolate balls’ on the flight home when sitting next to a chocolate guy (friends from the trip).

‘Quickie’ reminder for those who may not know betta…

After hearing from several others and experiencing some myself, I feel the need to add this here. It’s something I tell my group peeps. The resort has a ton of peeps who like to experience different things and not everyone is in the lifestyle or likes being touchy/feely with others. If you see someone being affectionate with someone else, it doesn’t mean you can do so too. Whenever in doubt, all it takes is to ask. If you want to know if someone may be in a variety of the lifestyle, I usually suggest asking ‘If you don’t mind, what are you into’ or just talk to someone until they relay something. Grabbing parts or rubbing them on someone isn’t the way to get anything except that person avoiding being around you or in my case a look that will say more than words ever could. And, if someone knows you and hasn’t approached you or been flirty during the trip, the last day isn’t the time to push to get some. {None of these situations were by single guys either.} Just sayin’

One Love and tons of respect make the resort a very happy place. Let’s keep it that way!

Last, but not least…
    On the way back to the states a couple and I used the Mobile Passport app https://mobilepassport.us/ to avoid the immigration kiosk lines at BWI (Baltimore). It worked well, other than me looking like death wormed over in the pic I had to take prior to submission. LOL! After completed, it is valid for 4 hours. The immigration reps use your passport (don’t need to show the ‘receipt’ you get after it is submitted) and either give you a laminated card (if you don’t have any purchases to claim) or a signed off immigration card (if you did buy alcohol or something in Jamaica) to hand to the customs rep. Check to see if your airport is setup for this and use it if possible.

Next trip Lovin’ Life February 22-29, 2020, soon come!

2020 Lovin Life at H2.jpg

https://sites.google.com/view/lovinlife/home

or

FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LovinLifeinJamaica/
    Lovin' Life Returns to H2!
    February 25 - March 4, 2023

A Castaways Travel Agency Group

Awesome trip report. Love the tip about the ac took me a while to figure that one out myself lol
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Quote Originally Posted by 2naughty View Post
    Awesome trip report. Love the tip about the ac took me a while to figure that one out myself lol
    Thanks!! I'm definitely learning each trip and that really did help. I also kept the remote near the bed so I could turn it off/on as needed.

Lisa

Great trip report! Going to toss a portable umbrella in the suitcase for sure. Also gave me an idea to bring my own portable beach umbrella for sun protection.

The Hedo room AC units are used everywhere here in Asia, so we have always been familar with the controls. They are pretty good units, especially for a hotel sized room.A tip: The swinging diffuser's gears do have a tendency to disengage, especially after the units have been cleaned. If the diffuser does not move in your room, just try to move the diffuser using your hand. You can often feel the gears re-mesh, and it will move again.

Thanks for the explaining how the online immigrations form works. I have been hearing about it, but was curious what the actual process was when arriving. Do you have any information or sense as to how it may or may not influence Club Mobay arrival?

Thanks again for the report! Appreciate.
    Returning to HEDO October 16 through 26, 2019

The VIP desks were part of the ones that had the software, so you'd do the same route. You would use your passport instead of the paper form at both immigration and customs.

Lisa

Excellent detailed trip report, thanks for posting!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

I have a question regarding the online Immigration form. My wife and I will be traveling in two weeks. Do I need to fill out a form for each of us , like I do with the paper forms on the plane ?

Yes same as paper forms. You can do them before you leave home, just need to update it if anything (flights, etc.) changes.

Lisa

thank you

Anytime! I try to help and spread happy vibes whenever I can.

Lisa

Amazing trip report.
    We miss the atmosphere all the time. The freedom and the ability to Express what we cannot at home.
    Booked again for April.

#theaddictionisreal LOL!!!

Lisa