Thread: Hedo wood carver guy

Hedo wood carver guy

Has anyone had a wood carving done? Generally how much does he charge? I assume as with most things in Jamaica there is a negotiation on price. Also I think I heard some years back he
    is appreciative of a donation of paints or tools of some kind.

His name is Chris. Price depends on the carving. We had one done two years ago. Think it was around $25. His work station is near the nude pool in the garden area.

$40 is a good price, but book something to be made the first day you arrive and tell him you want it done 2 days before you leave

Chris is awesome! We’ve had two carvings done by him, I think we gave him $40 for the first one and $60 for 2nd one. Both where pretty large and the 2nd was a special request. Plus, I think we gave him a $20 tip both times. He does a great job and is actually nice to talk to, like conversation talk. He has a few “standard” designs that he makes but if you have something specific in mind just ask him and he’ll probably make it with his own Jamaican touch.

I have a tattoo of my birth sign combined with my kids birth signs, tribal fashion. We asked him if he cold replicate it. Ya mon was the reply. He took a couple pictures of the tattoo and said come back in 2 days, when we came back it was done. He put it on a heart with Jamacian colors on the outside and the replica tattoo in the middle. It was perfect.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi there...I just returned today from Hedo and spoke to Christopher yesterday and he will be updating my plaque overlooking the nude pool (the lowest hanging plaque above the right side bar stools.

My large plaque had 3D breasts, multi-colors and was thickly varnished for long term wear and he charged $75 plus he personally hung it from the bar. Most of my visits I bring him something and will be commissioning him in 2020 for a TravelSlut/Krewe de Krazy Life plaque for the totem forest.

He does great work and is very conscientious

AA032A18-5ADE-432F-8136-D31DF2E83E1C.jpgWell we are back from Hedo. We met Chris and not only does he do great work fast, he is a great guy. Brought home 2 carving at 60.00 each

We were just there, got back today. Chris did an amazing job. $50 and a great conversation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5qqqtsgs7...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Blog Entries
    Chris is great...He did a 50th Anniversary craving for us, which I brought home...He knows we like cats, so incorporated that into it...I look at it everyday...Love it!!!

We paid $50 this year and will add another year to it in April 2020. He did a nice job. He’s a great guy. Loves to talk. He is raising his kids by himself.