Thread: Returning After 12 Years

Returning After 12 Years

I made 3 trips to Hedo, the last was I think around 2006. My first visit was probably around 1999. All my trips were in January, the first by accident, the rest because it was a slow time for work and because I enjoyed the January atmosphere. I was telling my current girlfriend about my times there and she is very interested in us going. I am in my late 40's she is in her mid 30's, we are both very fit. What I always heard years ago is that there were always a smattering of swingers there but that it was only in January that they were the super majority. We are able to go pretty much any time of the year, we are talking about a long weekend, flying out on a Thursday and back on a Tuesday.

Id like to hear how the resort has changed in the last dozen years and besides January what may be other good times with a lot of swingers at the resort? Is my Plan of Friday through Monday very good or what would be better for a 4 day trip?

I'll address only one part of your post- the 4 day trip. I do not recommend such a short time. On Friday, you will likely not actually get to the resort until mid-afternoon or later. On Monday, you will likely need to leave for the airport in the mid-morning. So that means you'll only actually have 2 full days at Hedo- not enough at all to get comfortable, make friends, and enjoy the atmosphere. Also, there is high turnover on the weekends- many people leave and/or depart on Saturday or Sunday, so spanning a weekend like this is not recommended. Many folks feel the best night of the week to be there is Tuesday, when they have the glow-in-the-dark dance on the main pool deck. The Thursday night foam party is also very popular.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunburned3x View Post
    I made 3 trips to Hedo, the last was I think around 2006. My first visit was probably around 1999. All my trips were in January, the first by accident, the rest because it was a slow time for work and because I enjoyed the January atmosphere. I was telling my current girlfriend about my times there and she is very interested in us going. I am in my late 40's she is in her mid 30's, we are both very fit. What I always heard years ago is that there were always a smattering of swingers there but that it was only in January that they were the super majority. We are able to go pretty much any time of the year, we are talking about a long weekend, flying out on a Thursday and back on a Tuesday.

Id like to hear how the resort has changed in the last dozen years and besides January what may be other good times with a lot of swingers at the resort? Is my Plan of Friday through Monday very good or what would be better for a 4 day trip?
    Great inquiry and one of your best resources will be to check out all the trip reports for updates on the vast remodeling/renovation that has occurred since your last visit. And any number of websites have lots of photos and videos to bring you to 2020. Even hedonism.com has great info.

As for you weekend visit, count Friday and Tuesday as full travel days leaving you days and 2 full nights and your Saturday will be an exploratory day seeing all that is new. Take what you can when you can when it comes to a Hedo trip.

Swingers... there are swingers there all the time. They don't wear a sign saying they're swingers (actually... some do) so for any given week, some would say only 25% of the resort are swingers, and someone else might estimate it at 75% swingers. Your perspective will depend on how many people you speak to and how good you are at determining who are swingers... and your definition of a swinger... it varies!

In the end you'll meet who you look for. If you are looking for swingers and hang out in the nude pool and introduce the topic of swinging into your conversations with people... you will meet more swingers. If you're looking for non-swingers and are too shy to go to the nude side, you'll meet lots of them.

Travel on a busy week and you'll have the most options as far as variety of people. The busiest weeks happen when large established groups are there... diry pervs, Hedo amigos, playful pussycats, fluffernuters, etc.

Days of the week... the best days to meet people are the early days of the week... starting Sunday. Friday is the last full day for most people and most couples have planned a last night with the people they've already met. Saturday is a turn over day and the day party is kind of hit and miss and the night life is usually low because many people are wiped from travel and go to bed early.

If you're only going to stay 3 nights (recommend you do no less than 5)... do Sunday to Wednesday. Assuming you're looking to meet the most number of people and have fun at the pool during your stay.

Good luck, and if you have any questions, just PM us.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Since you've been there, just about EVERYTHING has changed!
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857