Thread: Princess Week with the Fluffernutters

Registered User jeanie_hotpants's Avatar

Princess Week with the Fluffernutters

This was my 5th trip to H2 and my 1st trip as a single female.

Travel agents and group: I booked with the Fluffernutters for Princess Week, because I was having a milestone birthday that week and they have a long standing reputation of doing great group trips. It was my first time booking with them. After booking, I was invited to join the closed private Facebook group and chat thread. That was a great way to get to know the new and existing group members a little bit before the trip. Jon and Cherilyn are awesome! Two thumbs way up!

Airport and transportation: The airport was fairly quick, as usual. I waited longer at the transportation desk than anywhere else. My transportation to and from the resort were included in my package. It was on a Sun Holiday charter bus full of Hedo travelers. It took a while waiting at the airport to fill the bus, so I grabbed a frozen margarita to keep cool while I waited and started making friends. The drive was pretty good. I enjoy taking in the scenery on the way to the resort. We did have to pass thru 3 checkpoints with armed guards on the road. I don't think that was there on my last trip 3 years ago. The bus driver took a quick detour to make a stop, but everyone on the bus said "NO! Keep driving!" which was awesome. It makes no sense to me to stop for a beer 30 minutes before you get to the resort where it is included in your stay. Just get me to Hedo ASAP!

Resort: I arrived around 2 pm. It was great to be back. Check-in was pretty quick and painless. My room was not ready yet, so I grabbed some lunch. After lunch I got into my room. More upgrades have happened since my last trip. Nice new A/C units, tiled showers with rain shower heads, frosted glass barn door to the bathroom, upholstered headboards, all the little Hedonism branded toiletries are a nice touch. The do a great job of keeping everything clean and well stocked from the pools, to the beaches, to the bathrooms and the entertaining spaces. The piano bar and disco didn't have the musty smell that I have noticed in the past.

Food & Drink: I ate at the buffet for breakfast every day. They have a great selection. I'm not a coffee drinker generally, but the coffee is fantastic. I've heard people who ARE coffee drinkers say the same. They have self-serve juices, bloody marys and mimosas set up at the bar. Lunch for me was always at the nude grill, since I was always on the nude side (where the party is! Woohoo!)The jerk chicken is always fantastic. I also had patties, grilled cheese with tomato and bacon and a cheeseburger. The cheeseburger was the only thing I didn't care for. Tasted a little burned. The fries are good and so are the nachos. Dinner at the buffet is excellent. I can't say I've disliked anything that I have tried. The food has improved tremendously over what it was 10 years ago on my first trip. I had dinner at Pastafari one night with two wonderful couples and the food was terrific. I had the ravioli and beef tenderloin with red wine. I wanted to go to Flame too, but I left it until the last night and forgot it closed on Friday nights. I've never been a fan of Harrysan's because it's too hot with no A/C and the hibatchi's going. I had a little pizza at the nude grill one evening too.

Party: There ain't no party like a Hedo party! The resort was pretty full, I believe. There were a few groups there at the same time. I'm going off memory here so forgive me if I mess any up or leave any out. Sexy Silvers with SLS (biggest group), Beach Bind (doing some fabulous rope work and classes for their attendees), Tantric Hearts (offering tantric teaching sessions). I met people from all the groups and enjoyed chatting with them. I dressed for all the theme nights, because I enjoy that. Highlights for me were the Glow night because I love to dance and because Fluffernutters brought in the Devine Men of Choice for a male revue (ladies, if you were there, I was the woman in the hot pink lace dress. Nuff said. ). The pool parties with the beach balls and the ping pong balls (great ice breakers, thanks for that..) were epic. The piano bar was fun and I spent more time there than on previous trips. The disco was empty every time I check in there except for the EC's there once. Which is a shame, because I really like to dance. It may have been the groups that were there this week though. I did not go to the playroom this trip. I popped into the new one down at the nude pool area to pick up a towel and it is nice. Great idea to have a play space down there. They are heating the nude pool now, so it is not to cold to swim late in the evening and of course the infamous nude hot tub is always hoppin late in the evening.

Service: No complaints about the service. Everyone I encountered was friendly and courteous. Winston is FABULOUS as always. I swear the man does not age. The shows that I caught were terrific. I didn't personally interact with any of the EC's which is strange now that I think about it. There is usually one or two that stand out for me during my trips. It seemed like a lot of them were new, so maybe they haven't got the hang of making small talk with the guests yet. There was a bottle of champagne, fresh fruit plate and a plate of chocolates with "Happy Birthday Jeanie" written in frosting delivered to my room on my birthday, which I though was really sweet.

On going single: I had a brief moment of fear on the bus ride in, that I might have made a terrible mistake and that I would spend the week sad and alone. That passed quickly though and I just put myself out there and did my best to be friendly and engage with people. Sure there were times when I ate alone, but most of the time I could find someone I had met and join them. Sometimes I need my solitude, so I would go read my kindle on the beach. There was only a few times that I felt uncomfortable, a guy grabbed my boob that I didn't know, one that I just met tried to put my hand on his dick, went down to the nude pool one night and didn't see anyone I knew so I went back to my room. I'm not going to blow smoke up your ass and tell you it's all good and nobody tries anything with the single ladies. They do. Just pace yourself with the drinking. Get to know a core group of people, before you go, if possible. Be situationally aware. I met some fantastic people that I had a fabulous time with. I liked the fact that I could do what I wanted when I wanted too. For me this was an opportunity to rediscover that sexy, happy, outgoing woman that I lost for a while. If you are feeling undesirable, a week at Hedo can be the cure. It has been great medicine for my soul.

Still riding the high, but I know the Dreaded Island Fever will set in soon. Until next time...

Jeanie Hotpants
    Jeanie Hotpants

Past trips:
    May 4-11, 2019 with the Fluffernutters for Princess Week
    March 2016 with Hedo Amigos
    Sept 2011 with Hellians
    Sept 2010 with Hellians
    Aug 2009

Nice trip report. We had breakfast with you a few times this week, Brian and Terri. We went without our normal group and made lots of great new friends also. Like you said just talk to people and you’d be surprised how fast you can become friends with new people. It was nice meeting you and enjoyed watching your birthday at the pool.
    Brian and Terri.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Thanks! It was great meeting you both last week. Hedo is a great place to go as a single person, because people are so friendly and welcoming.
    Jeanie Hotpants

Past trips:
    Sept 2011 with Hellians
    Sept 2010 with Hellians
    Aug 2009

Thanks for the report, it is especially interesting to read reports from a different perspective...in this case a single lady. Glad you enjoyed!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for writing a report. We enjoyed reading it. We sometimes wonder what it would be like to go single.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Enjoyed your report and like others, I was really interested in your perspective going as a single female. I am a bit surprised by the unwelcome advances you experienced. Glad to hear you were able to manage the situations. Seems you are well aware of yourself and others, which is a great quality to have. Thanks again!
    Returning to HEDO October 16 through 26, 2019

Hey Jeanie - This is Dennis - just saying HI!!

And giving props on a good trip report!! I have a horrible case of Dreaded Island Fever

TTYL

Hi Dennis! Thanks for the props and for keeping me company on my first evening there.

I am suffering too! The DIF is bad!

Jeanie
    Jeanie Hotpants

Past trips:
    Sept 2011 with Hellians
    Sept 2010 with Hellians
    Aug 2009

Great Report - Thanks for writing it! One of these days, I'm going to leave the hubby at home & do Hedo as a single girl (bucket list - lol!) - so glad to read your perspective.
    Release your inhibitions, Feel the rain on your skin.....

Upcoming Trips:
    H2 Nov 4-14, 2020

Past Trips:
    13 trips to H2 (Mar '10, Jul '11, May '12, Jan '14, May '14, Jan '15, Jul '15, Jan '16, Jul '16, Jan '17, Oct '17, Jan '18, Jan 19)
    9 trips to H3
    Freedom of Seas Cruise (Nov '13)
    Desire Los Cobos (March '13)
    Copa Cabana Desire - Costa Rica (August '10)
    3 trips to Temptations (October '09, '10, '11)
    Spice - Lanzarote, Spain (April '15)