Thread: CapnMorgan & Herladyship w/ KittenNAngel, April 13–20 2019

CapnMorgan & Herladyship w/ KittenNAngel, April 13–20 2019

This was our 10th trip to Hedonism and 4th with Kitten and Angel's Spring Fling.

Getting There
    Up at 4 a.m. to get our 9:15 a.m. flight out of Toronto. Left the house at 4:45 and of course stopped at Timmies on the way for that early morning caffeine boost. When travelling to Toronto you must always leave extra time for traffic…even at 6 a.m. on a Sunday. And yes, we did hit construction, but only lost about 15 minutes and arrived at the airport in plenty of time. However when we parked and unloaded the car I discovered that I had left my carry on at home with all the rushing around. However, I had my passport and wallet in my pocket, so it was not a major disaster. Unfortunately I had my iPad and iPhone in the carry on, but as it turns out, I would not need it (more on that latter).

When we arrived at the WestJet area there was a huge line, the system was down and we could not get bag tags and check in. The line was huge and WestJet employees were working feverishly to check in people the old fashion way…tediously slow. After the line not moving for about an half hour and more people joining the line, one employee asked if anyone would now try to use the system. Herladyship jumped on it anf volunteered. It worked and we got our tags and were able to drop our bags. Through security and on to purchase a carry on back pack, reading glasses and sunglasses for boy genius who had left his carry on at home.

To Westjet's credit they were able to check everyone in and the plane actually left on time. My biggest fear now was that our checked bags would to arrive in Montego Bay as I had next to nothing with me, however, we always put some of each other's clothes in our checked bags in order to avert a complete disaster if one of our bags is lost.

Touched down at MBJ right on time at 12:30. For those who have not been recently, they have photo check in which was quite easy, passport scan and a photo ID is printed and then on to Immigration which is always very efficient. So efficient that for the first time ever we had to wait for our bags to come off the baggage carousel. Through Customs and on to desk 5 for our bus. From touch down to first beer at Margarittaville…20 minutes. About 11 people on the bus, all but 2 going to Hedo. We were taken to Hedo first and then he dropped the other couple at, well, another resort on the way back, I think the driver knew what he was doing! From touchdown to arriving at Hedo about 2 and a half hours.

Arrival at Hedo
    We were greeted by concierge Michael with the classic "Welcome Home" and a glass of champagne. We had booked a ground floor prude side room but when our room assignment was given to us it was and upper floor room in the last building by the road. After about 15 minutes we were reassigned to room 1146 which was the first ground floor room in the complex nearest the road. This year I promised Herladyship that I would put my things away properly before we headed out to the nude pool…dumping the entire contents of my suitcase into a single drawer did not constitute putting things away!

The Room
    The room we were assigned was completely upgraded as I believe all the rooms are. The bathroom was now completely remodelled with new tile a rain shower and a hand held pulsating head, bowl type sink with modern taps and of course a sliding glass door with the Hedonism logo on it. All the furniture and dressers have been replaced with sliding drawers that are smooth and "not dangerous" to open.The closet is huge with plenty of hangers. One suggestion, please put the safe in an eye level position so I don't have to crawl on the floor to access it. There is now a small closet on top of the large closet. One problem, even "Wilt the Stilt Chamberlain" would not be tall enough to access it! LOL . Our room had two beds, the normal huge bed and a single bed on the ledge by the window, with drawers underneath. The room could easily accommodate 3 people…or 5 if you have real good friends!

We had no wifi in the room and the TV was extremely snowy all week. When we asked at the front desk they explained they were having "issues" in our block..no kidding! Even up in the main restaurant the Herladyship said the free internet as spotty. Those who paid had no issues. I really didn't miss my electronics anyway!

Note to Management…please leave written instructions for the clock and operation of the air conditioner. By day 5 we finally figured out how to get the air conditioning fan to a comfortable level.

Is This The Car Wash?
    After dutifully storing the contents of our luggage we made our way to the nude pool just after 4 (I promised myself I would not overindulge, it was Naughty Schoolgirl Night and my favourite, we missed it the previous 2 years due to fatigue and "over indulgence"). Upon arrival at the pool we were stunned, the pool was packed shoulder, or should I say butt to butt, and the music was pounding away. We managed to slink our way into the pool and actually managed to get a drink at the crowded bar. The water was warm, maybe even too warm, with all those bodies I would guess the temperature to be about 98.6! Seriously, it had to be 90 degrees, which would turn out to be a benefit in the evenings…every night around 11 we would head to the nude pool rather than the hot tub and "relax". One night around midnight we even had pizza which is always great after an evening of drinking, this year it didn't bother us, but previously around 3 a.m. it was not a good idea. The nude pool was packed each day, probably because of the warm water

I Didn't Miss It!
    After maintaining a reasonable state of sobriety we headed to the room and got ready for Naughty Schoolgirl Night…I was determined not to miss it this year! Had dinner with Kitten and Angel group leaders and members and even managed to stay awake for the K & A costume contest on the pool deck at 10:30. The K & A costumes are always well over the top…we didn't win a prize but we didn't care, we managed to stay awake!

The Beach Party
    After some much needed sleep we made it to breakfast.. The first day I like to indulge in some classic Jamaican fare…Salt Fish and Ackee, Callaloo and of course the bacon and sausages! We received our K & A gift bags from the group leaders filled with a plethora of things. Around noon we made our way to the clothing optional beach down by Sandals for the K & A beach party. A great way to meet old friends and make new ones. Of course there was an abundance of food and a bar that would put a medium sized liquor store to shame! Cop did a great job once again in supplying the beach music. Our favourite part though was hanging out in the water with other members. That evening was the K & A meet and greet where every member there had their photograph taken and of course there were drinks, food and door prizes. The group theme for that evening was Jamaican Pirates and as usual some of the costumes were brilliant. Later we took refuge in the nice warm nude pool to finish the evening.

The Cruise
    Today was the K & A Pirate catamaran cruise (complete with a "Pie Rat") for a trip to Half Moon Bay. Along the way we stopped for snorkelling on a reef, not a lot of fish but some very nice coral formations (and no jellyfish this time). Once we reached Half Moon Bay (somewhere around Green Island) we disembarked for lunch and a treasure hunt (we didn't find it) and then some beach and water time before heading back to the resort. Tuesday is the glow party, however, we only participate minimally as some of the other costumes are way over the top and there is only so much room in our suitcase!

Croquet Anyone?
    The next day (Wednesday) is the Kitten and Angel croquet tournament and of course there is a theme…In The Jungle. Herladyship made us leopardskin jungle suits (read Tarzan and Jane, although I looked more like Fred Flintstone) and also made a 6 foot python snake. I named him Monty and was disappointed that very few people had ever heard of Monty Python (as in Flying Circus). I think I definitely dated myself! For the first time in 4 years Herladyship and I were partners as we usually do a swap with Brian and Terri who were unable to make it this year. Herladyship had put me on waivers but there were no takers so she was stuck playing with me. We came in second in our heat but did not make the finals. Damn it…I think Traci cheated! Of course there is a bar set up next to the croquet area lest anyone become weak from thirst. Wednesday is also Fetish Night and one of my favourites. While I went back to the room on an errand one of the female ECs coaxed her onto the stage for the resort competition (this was completely out of character for her). She did not win but was awarded 3 Hedo bucks for participating. Watched the K & A competition and then headed to our new favourite evening spot…the warm nude pool.

Feathers and Glitter Everywhere!
    Thursday is Kitten and Angel's signature event, the group dinner on the pool deck. This year the theme was Brazilian and Jamaican Carnival. We spent months ahead of this event making costumes and glueing feathers, rhinestones, glitter, sewing, etc. (there were a lot of glued fingers and bad words in the assembling of these costumes).She was the classic Samba Girl with a lot of rhinestones and feathers, while I had to come up with something a little more male oriented. I decided on Voodoo Carnival, with skull face and a lot of black feathers. It is always a challenge weather-wise for this event as it is held on the pool deck but the weather gods were smiling on us. There was a strong on shore breeze during the day but unbearably humid and still (no breeze) in the evening, so much so that her rhinestones started to fall off and my makeup started to run…I had to retreat to the air conditioned gym to cool off in order to carry on. The costume contest had some really outstanding and amazing costumes. This time we were awarded and honourable mention for our costumes. When we got back to our room it looked like and ostrich and a can of glitter had exploded!

Don't Burn Down the Neighbouring Resort.
    After the group dinner it is a K & A tradition to go to the main dock and launch Chinese lanterns in memory of family and friends we had lost during the year. We had lost a very close friend this year and wanted to remember him in this way. Unfortunately there was no wind this evening and the lantern would carry over land and the event had to be cancelled. Disappointing but understandable…it would be very uncool to burn down the neighbouring resort or worse yet, ours!

This was also foam party night beside the disco. While up on the main pool deck two employees were putting up a high green mesh about along all the railings overlooking the foam party. I asked one of the employees if this was to stop people videoing the pool party. He said that it was and also prevented people from throwing things into the foam party…unbelievable!!! We went down and joined the mass of people slipping and sliding and rubbing and dancing. About every 10 minutes the power would shut down and the foam stop and the pool slightly deflate and then start up again. I think this was done to control the amount of foam.

Booby Rubs Are The Best!
    The next day (Friday) was the K & A pool volleyball game in the upper pool. The game started off slow with only about 6 on each team, but as the games went on more people joined in. One of the best K & A rules is that if a female member misses a serve, they can get a re-serve by doing a booby rub with another team member. I don't know who thought up this rule, but it's genius!

Friday is also Rock Star Night and although we don't do the costumes we love the music. Winston, the ECs and Roots Explosion put on a great show. This evening it was determined that it was safe to launch the Chinese lanterns and the K & A group met on the dock to launch the wish lanterns. This is a very emotional affair, especially for those who had lost someone during the year. We had lost a good friend who was only 52 to brain cancer. As the lanterns went up there were a lot of tears and hugs. This is a very special Kitten and Angel event and we are very grateful to them for doing this.

After the lantern launch we discovered there was a disco on the courtyard, with go go dancers and lots of rock music by a DJ. This was so much fun and Herladyship was right into it dancing with an EC as were many others. Her knee replacement didn't bother her this evening! Back to the nude pool to "relax" again.

Saturday is largely a turn over day and that afternoon the nude pool was not busy, however, as the afternoon went on more new arrivals came in and by 5 it was jumping again. The sports theme for the evening is relatively easy, especially if you just arrived. We wore our Toronto Maple Leafs jerseys and got a few thumbs up from passersby, but we found there was not a lot of participation in this theme. That evening we decided not to go to the nude pool and instead went down to the dock and watched the stars…I think we were getting burned out and just wanted to chill.

Sunday was our day to leave and after breakfast we went back to our room to pack. Decided to have lunch at the main restaurant and said goodbye to fellow members as they went to catch their buses. Our pickup time was 2 and said our farewells to the group leaders who saw us off. We were the only ones on the bus so we had plenty of room. It was Easter Sunday and it was nice going through the towns and seeing people in their Sunday best. Once checked in and through security at the airport we headed to Margarittaville and the duty free. Our plane actually left a little early and we arrived in Toronto a half hour early…this may have saved us an extra day of parking fees.

Other Observations

The Weather was great, always sunny in the morning with clouds in the afternoon and we experienced very little rain, only a couple of very brief light sprinkles

PDAs
    More pdas than we experienced in our previous 3 visits (we used to go in January which was more active). I attribute this to the warm water in the pool…less "shrinkage"!

Nude Pool
    The nude pool was always busy, more so than previous years and also until later in the day. The DJs like Mark Maze were pumping out the tunes. Thursday it was a little less crowded but I understand there was a catamaran cruise that day.

Car Wash
    We had the pleasure of sharing the resort with two other great groups, the Butt Cracks and the Hedo Amigos. One afternoon the Hedo Amigos organized a "Car Wash" at the side of the pool. About 30 ladies formed two lines on the side of the pool with many participants going through the soapy wash. Herladyship did not want to participate but insisted that I go…check one off the bucket list!

The ECs and Hedo Employees
    Everyone is superbly friendly and welcoming and cannot do enough for you. I particularly like the grounds crew, you can walk by in the most outrageous costume (or nothing at all) and they don't even turn a head, completely oblivious as they must see it thousands of times a year!

Kitten and Angel Groups Leaders
    Kitten (Joan), Angel (Patti), Fred and Cop (who I now refer to as Cop Lite due to his incredible weight loss). You guys have set a standard that is "unsurpassable" and yet with each event you manage to reach the high standard you have set. Each event is highly organized and I can't even imagine the work that goes on behind the scenes and the amount of luggage you have to bring. THANK YOU!

This year we got to know some group members even better and regret that we did not get to meet everyone in the group. We definitely missed those who were not able to attend this year, particularly Brian and Terri, see you guys next year!

CapnMorgan and Herladyship
    (a.k.a. John and Toddy)
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Great report my good friend. Thank you for all the nice comments about us. We missed you guys and everyone this year, but our trip is 4 days away!!! Sounds like another perfect week with the perfect group. Hope to see you next year (work schedule depended)
    Brian and Terri.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Thanks Brian&Terri, we certainly did miss you this year. Enjoy your upcoming trip, we hope the weather is as good for you as it was for us.
    John and Toddy
    s

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Great trip report thanks for sharing!
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Thanks for brightening my day as i am 10 days away from creating my own adventure
    Hedo May 2015
    Hedo May 21-27 2016
    Hedo December 8-12 2016

Hedo February 16-21 2018
    Hedo May 19-25 2018
    Hedo May 13-18 2019
    Hedo October 21-26 2019

Thank you...enjoy the anticipation!
    s

Loved your trip report! Reading about forgetting your carry-on and the manual check-in, are kind of my worst nightmares. Glad you survived. Not sure I would had.

On our first three trips, we never saw Car Wash played. On our last two trips, it has been maybe the most popular participation activity at the nude pool. Glad to hear it continues.

It is always good to start the weekend reading a good Hedo trip report! You have motivated us. Going to look at dates now....
    Returning to HEDO October 16 through 26, 2019