Thread: First timers January 2019

First timers January 2019

Wife and I had a great visit last month. Have traveled to adult resorts before, just never to Hedo.

Overall a great experience. Excellent shows and staff was top shelf.

Arrived on schedule and took Rocky's to the resort. Highly recommended. Our driver was friendly and he stopped by one of his friends roadside stands so we could pick up some of the local crops. Smooth check-in and we were off to our room. The bellman gave us a quick tour of the facilities on the way, we unpacked and were on the nude beach in time for sunset.

We went for a few walks down the beach in the mornings, normal hassling by vendors, but not a lot of pressure. We did comment to one another how boring it looked at Sandals, Couples etc. but hey, to each their own. Went paddle boarding a few times and the staff was very helpful getting us on our way.

Both of us commented how, with everything to do, you wind up at the same places nightly. Prude side bar for us before dinner. We alternated between the restaurants nightly, and while not top-shelf gourmet meals by any means, the ambiance was what we were looking for and enjoy, and the food was above average, as good or better than expected.

Hit the hot tub a few nights along with the playroom. Good, fun crowd at both. Also had to check out the outside beds once or twice on our way back to the room.

Shows were better than expected. Had some fun on the dance floor, and we normally don't dance until the booze kicks in.

Sunset catamaran cruise was a blast and we enjoyed jumping off the cliffs.

Now for the bad...single guys...I get it, many couples who have been there have had no problems with singles and I REALLY wish that were the case for us. But it wasn't. There was a guy, completely wacked out on X or maybe molly, who was the most annoying asshole I've ever encountered. There was almost an "incident" but I had to remind myself that picking up an assault charge while on vacation in a foreign country wasn't worth it. Thankfully he was kicked out a few days in, but I wonder why it took that long, as there were a number of people we spoke to that had complained to the staff so I don't know what he finally did to get the boot.

Another guy couldn't get the hint, and I had to be a little more direct and tell him directly out that we weren't interested in continuing a conversation with him.

Finally, there was a creeper guy on the last night that tried to follow us into the playroom. Nope, not going to happen guy. We left the playroom a while later, and he was sitting on the bleachers by the tennis courts and jumped up and tried to follow another couple inside. Again, at what point does the staff step in and do something?

If you're single and contemplating a trip, do it I guess. I'll talk with anyone, we go on vacation to meet new people, but when you approach a couple, and you are over the top pushy, and they flat out tell you they don't play with singles, don't press the issue. We're not going to change our minds because you claim you have a fantastic job that pays you tons. We're doing pretty well too. And we're not impressed.

Overall, a fun time. We will probably go back at some point. We met a number of people who go once, if not more times a year. We still like to check out new places so as much as we enjoyed ourselves and the people, it will probably be two years before the return.

We were there Jan 4 - 11 so I think I know the guy you were talking about. He was so crazy that I heard he was kicked off the resort. Word around the resort he was on a two week trip to Hedo. . I was glad that he got kicked out because he was just to much. Don't let those guys ruin your thoughts on going back. We have met so many cool people at Hedo in January. So much so that I forgot about that guy until reading your trip report reminded me of him.
    Past trips

Jan 3 - Jan 10 2016

Jan 5-14 2017

Jan 4-10 2018

January 5 - January 14 2019

January 11- 18, 2020

Cancelled Jan 8- 16 2021

July 2 - 10 2021

January 22 -29 2022