Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Jamaica resorts facing a 'historic' sexual assault problem

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...lt/1816675002/
    Cheers,

D & L

July 2009: Hedonism III
    July 2011: Hedonism II

http://69eastwest69.tumblr.com

Thank you for sharing this. I was just reading about how Tripadvisor deletes negative comments including rape reports so that the resorts get better ratings. My girl is planning a girls only trip to the islands and this kind of stuff really pisses me off. We need to shame these resorts into self-policing.

How is security at places like hedo? Going next year with the lady and reading this sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jsj1990 View Post
    How is security at places like hedo? Going next year with the lady and reading this sucks.
    We found the security at Hedo more than adequate. We never felt the least bit unsafe during either of our stays.

Agree with above that security is more than adequate. We've been 6 or 7 times and going again in a few days. Been reading about the security issues in Jamaica in the Detroit Free Press, since it's kind of a "hometown" story since several of the victims are from my home state of Michigan, and it's nice to be aware of them, but it's not going to deter us from going to Hedo.

After about 25 trips to Hedo and many trips to other resorts I'd say that Hedo (and the other resorts) have more than adequate security. Generally, it's not easy for non-guests to get into the resorts (Hedo does have expensive day and night passes). As so often, there are perverts who will take advantage of visitors (and locals) who are careless about their own security. If a visitor looks drunk of high, or associates with people who are not respectful, they open themselves to attack. Off site, the usual rules of security apply: travel in strange places with a 'buddy'. Stay away from too much booze, and all drugs. Stay sober and be careful.

At Hedo, it's probably a good idea to make your intentions absolutely clear: No means NO and can be yelled loudly, if necessary.

But honestly, we have NEVER felt uncomfortable in Jamaica over a span of about 30 years. Go enjoy

PNK
    Hedo Feb 7 - 14, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by hopin4fun View Post
    We found the security at Hedo more than adequate. We never felt the least bit unsafe during either of our stays.
    We feel the same way. We have spent a total of 17 days at Hedo over the last couple of winters and never once did my wife feel unsafe. That being said, she never wanders off alone without me knowing where she went, and vice-versa.
    Trip #3 in 52 days!
    Lenny & Eva

TTR Cancun 2008 & 2016
    TTR Los Cabos 2010
    Hedo 2016, 2018, 2019