Thread: YS Falls excursion versus MayField Falls

YS Falls excursion versus MayField Falls

This will be my 8th trip to Hedo, so I want to venture off resort. I have done Ricks, the catermaran cruises and walked the Negril beach to eat Cosmos and check out Margarittaville.
    I want to go to YS Falls, as it seems to be the closest one to Hedo.
    Anyone know the driving time and distance? Is it better to book in advance with Trip Advisor?
    Any and all info would be appreciated!
    Or is it better to go to Mayfield Falls? Drive time? They have two "sides" ? One booked thru Chukka that has big groups and the other, more locally run one that is cheaper and less crowded?
    Would love to hear from you if you have been to either or both!
    Cowgirl

We went to Mayfield Falls a couple of years ago when we were there and LOVED it! Small groups (maybe about 10-12?) and personalized service. It was beautiful there. We've never been to any other falls, so have nothing to compare it to, but we liked the "non-commercialized" feeling of Mayfield Falls. The lunch they provided afterwards was good, too. Make sure you bring your own water shoes. I don't remember how long it took us to get to the falls...maybe about an hour or so? And bug spray...there are mosquitoes, but since you're in the water many times, shoot for the most waterproof kind you can. We booked it from Hedo. They do drive around to pick up from other resorts, but it's not a huge bus and not a real big deal. After all, you're on Jamaica time! Have fun!

Blog Entries
    I went to Mayfield falls about 10 years ago. It was really nice. They picked us up in a 40 passenger bus and we were the only ones on it. We loved the river. This is more of a river with a series of small cascading falls. The water is incredible, a translucent green color as it's full of minerals. I'd suggest going at the end of the week as that water feels so good on your skin after a week in the sun. The facility is nice, somewhat rustic (when I was there) and the lunch we purchased was very good. I have wonderful pictures of that day. It's a pretty long drive though.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat