Thread: Office Of Nature

Office Of Nature

My wife and I enjoy taking walks along the 7 mile beach while visiting Hedo, we enjoy walking towards Margaritaville but we also enjoy walking the opposite direction towards the Office Of Nature. During our last several visits we have been unable to walk in that direction due to the construction of the Royalton Hotel next door, but I also read that the owner of the Office Of Nature bar had passed away some time ago. Does anyone know if this is true? Or if the Office Of Nature bar is still there and open? The old Grand Lido Hotel would allow us to walk through their lobby and on to the beach on that side, does anyone know if the new hotel would allow that? We have not walked on that side of the beach in our past several trips and would like to visit it again during our December trip if possible.

In March a couple we became friends with walked that direction, they told us they had to be on the road a lot, but were able to get to some of the beach at times. Not sure where they were able to access the beach. We're planning on meeting some people at Margaritaville when we are down there next that aren't staying at Hedo. How far was the walk down the beach from Hedo to Margaritaville?

curiouscouplefl
    ...thanks for the reply. We have done the street walk to access the beach on that side, but was hoping to be able to cut through and just walk the beach..much more enjoyable. To answer your question on the distance from the Hedo Beach to Margaritaville. According to my wife's fitbit it is almost exactly 2 miles by beach (you will have to exit the beach for a brief distance just past Dr. Loves place, but then right back down on the beach.) I also measured it on Google Earth, and it shows 2.2 miles, either way, it is a pretty good hike, but a beautiful walk...enjoy

Thanks for the info Davenrose! Walking on the beach is much better, that's mainly why our friends tried it once and then stuck to the beach on the Sandals side. Not sure if anything changed since March, we never got around to walking the beach in March, we hope to do more exploring in November when we return.

yes the owner of the office did pass away some time ago,however the office is still going strong and what an incredible place to spend an afternoon having beers and grilled lobter, talk to Robert he is the main man their now and will make sure you are treated rite and he will also drive you back after if you have to much to drink/smoke,or just don't want to walk, he has never charged us for the ride neither ,but we always make sure to give him something for his trouble.a great guy

Yes, Gritty passed a few years ago, but the Office goes on! You won't be able to pass through Royalton to get there, you'll have to go by the road, but it's a great place to chill with lobsters and Red Stripe, and Sunshine Smiley (Robert), Pepe, and the gang. Long-timers will remember that there were two Offices (bit of a conflict), but since Gritty's passing there's just the one. And it won't be there too much longer as the land has been bought and development is coming at some point...but for now, go enjoy spending time with the locals and the hardier tourists. Well worth the stroll.

Ugg i just posted a comment on another thread about going to Office Of Nature. That is horrible news it might be gone soon. We love going there for a midweek break from the Hedo party scene just to catch our breath. I hope it is there in the march of 2019 still when we get back.
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!:
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!
    Hedonism V: 3/24/23-4/1/23. Finally back home again!

SLS: HedoCpl62

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I agree that is it sad that the Office may be gone at some point, that place is kind of like an institution there, We always enjoy the walk there, but only did it once since the construction began, next door due to having to walk along the road to get there. One thought would be to flag down one of the guys with a boat and have them take us around, we actually did that once, and also arranged a trip to Ivan's later that evening with the same guy, which was quite interesting, and when we are telling our Hedo stories, that one is always one that comes up!!

ok so I just got off phone with Robert and he says that the office being sold is just a rumour,and is not true said he had the owner rite their with him and it is not true,yippee the office will still be their for us.

Quote Originally Posted by hogwild View Post
    ok so I just got off phone with Robert and he says that the office being sold is just a rumour,and is not true said he had the owner rite their with him and it is not true,yippee the office will still be their for us.

Yesssssssss!
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!:
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!
    Hedonism V: 3/24/23-4/1/23. Finally back home again!

SLS: HedoCpl62

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Davenrose View Post
    Thanks everyone for the feedback, I agree that is it sad that the Office may be gone at some point, that place is kind of like an institution there, We always enjoy the walk there, but only did it once since the construction began, next door due to having to walk along the road to get there. One thought would be to flag down one of the guys with a boat and have them take us around, we actually did that once, and also arranged a trip to Ivan's later that evening with the same guy, which was quite interesting, and when we are telling our Hedo stories, that one is always one that comes up!!
    Never heard of The Office of Nature. What can you tell me about it and were is it?
    Dave and Claire

The Office of Nature is on Bloody Bay, it is a beautiful beach walk to get there (or it used to be). Anyway it is on the beach that is opposite of the Sandals beach, so to get there you have to walk down the road until you come to a beach entrance to access the beach. The office of Nature is right on the beach, they offer cold beverages, Reggae Music is normally playing, Grilled lobster and interesting conversation...but a fun way to kill a couple hours if you decide you would like to do something different during an afternoon, we used to visit at least once each trip before the construction started, and would like to visit again.