Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Private car or Sun holiday tours shuttle bus, what's your preference?

Quote Originally Posted by 2naughty View Post
    This sums it up perfect. Private taxi all the way. Plus you avoid the awkward raising your hands for the hotel roll call and being the only hedo couple on board.
    How do catch rocky

Quote Originally Posted by Solohedo View Post
    How do catch rocky

Here ya go

https://www.rockystaxiandtourservice.com
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!:
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!
    Hedonism V: 3/24/23-4/1/23. Finally back home again!

SLS: HedoCpl62

We used Luxurious Carib Tours for our recent visit and they were excellent and a great price too!

Thank you

Private Taxi is always better. It's slightly more money if you're just one couple, but if you find another couple traveling at the same time as you (ask on this forum or on a Hedo specific Facebook page) and the Taxi is actually cheaper.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

We have always used Rocky's,easy,clean and quick. I wouldn't mind trying Tim Air someday for the view.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonDropGirl View Post
    We have always used Rocky's,easy,clean and quick. I wouldn't mind trying Tim Air someday for the view.
    We used to use TIM Air not too long ago when it was 180 for two ,now way too expensive.
    Dave and Claire

We will use Kingsley again, $120 for round trip is a good price to not have to wait on the bus.

We always use Sun Holiday for the same reasons others have mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by David & Qian View Post
    We are going to go against-the-grain and say we prefer the Sun Holiday bus. The Sun Holiday bus is non-stop from the airport to Hedo. No stops at other resorts. No stops for breaks. You leave the airport, and the next stop is Hedo. And everyone on the bus is going to Hedo, which we enjoy. We have had to wait for the bus to leave, but never more than 30 minutes. So we sit at the bar and have a margarita while we wait. With an extra shot of tequila. And watch the tourists board their busses.

This is harder to explain, but we like the 'feeling' of the bus. Feels like Jamaica; hard but tolerable seating, slightly uncomfortable temperature, static filled reggae music, bouncing and weaving down the road, always a character driving, while looking at some of the most beautiful landscape in the world in anticipation of arriving to the Hedo driveway. It is a great way to travel.

We like private transfers in other cites. Trust me. I like to travel comfortably. But for us, the Sun Holiday bus feels more local, more right for Jamaica, but still efficient. Hope that makes sense.
    WE agree it is nice to start meeting new friends right out of the gate
    Hedo 2 March 2006
    Hedo 2 March 2009
    Hedo 2 March 2011
    Hedo 2 March 2012
    Hedo 2 March 2013
    Hedo 2 March 2014
    Hedo 2 March 2016
    Desire Dec 2017
    Desire June 2018
    Hedo 2 March 2019
    Hedo 2March 3 - 13 2020
    Next trip HEDO 2 3/1 to 3/11 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Wakey2som View Post
    We used Luxurious Carib Tours for our recent visit and they were excellent and a great price too!
    Same here- we have used them (luxuriouscaribtours.com) multiple times and they are the best. Cheaper than Rocky's, and we started using them after Rocky's made us wait a long time on several trips. Never had that problem with Luxurious.

Of course, if price is the main decider, which it sometimes is for us, then Sun Holiday is the way to go.

Laura

Does anyone book their transportation prior to getting there? I am just looking for the quickest and relatively cheap way of getting to Hedo when I arrive at around 5:30 PM on a Saturday. Have taken the bus route before and would prefer not to have to make all the stops. Thanks!
    Easy going, classy, educated, & professional. I expect nothing, but don't rule out anything either.

Quote Originally Posted by shepaski View Post
    Does anyone book their transportation prior to getting there? I am just looking for the quickest and relatively cheap way of getting to Hedo when I arrive at around 5:30 PM on a Saturday. Have taken the bus route before and would prefer not to have to make all the stops. Thanks!
    We just booked our 4th trip in advance with Rocky's Taxi. The private car is waiting for you at the curb when you walk out and straight to the resort you go.

Quote Originally Posted by shepaski View Post
    We just booked our 4th trip in advance with Rocky's Taxi. The private car is waiting for you at the curb when you walk out and straight to the resort you go.

Rocky’s and Sun seem to be the popular options. I found Sun but how do I get information about Rocky’s?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast