Thread: Hedo Virgins with a few questions.

Hedo Virgins with a few questions.

Hey everyone!

We’ve signed up on Kasadie and came across the Young Swingers group. Exploring through the page we came across the Hedo trips and it’s sparked our interest.
    We are looking into taking our first vacation down to Hedo in March ’19 for YSW. We’re also newer to the lifestyle so it may end up being our first event as there doesn’t seem to be much going on here in NW Ohio. Each of us have been trying to research and find out as much information as we can. We’ve read & learned quite a bit from the forum here, but we still have some questions on things we might not have been able to find, or may have missed. Also being that some of the posts are a little dated, things may have changed.

We love the water, so one thing that’s going to be important to us is the beach.

Is the beach good for swimming?
    We’ve seen in pictures that there is a roped off area. Are you only allowed to swim in this area?
    We’ve also read about the Sting Rays and Sea Urchins being around the beach. But we’ve read posts about how the Rays are shy, and that they were going out and collecting the Urchins to make it more safe. Is this something that’s still an issue?

Does the beach close?
    We might want to go stargazing waist deep in the water, or a late night skinny dip. Do they let you out in the ocean after dark?

What about walking up and down “7 mile” beach.
    Are you free to walk the beach outside of the resort as long as you are clothed? I’m sure there would be a time us two would like to go explore and see what’s around.

We had a few general resort questions as well.

Has anyone done any of the excursions?
    We’ve read up on some of the excursions. We’re interested in the Catamaran tours, the Kayak Combo Adventure, and the Jungle River tours. Have any of you ever been on these? If so what were they like?

Catamaran Tour.
    We were wondering what the difference between the day and sunset tours is? Any advice on which you preferred if you’d been on them?

What kind of music is played at the resort?
    Just generally curious.

We’d appreciate any wisdom you guys might have to share with us!

Is the beach good for swimming?
    You can swim in the roped off area or outside the roped off area. There is some boat traffic (jet ski's are banned) outside the ropes so you might want to take an inflatable buoy along if you want to swim outside the roped off area. You never know with the Urchin situation but the water is clear enough to see where to plant your feet.

Does the beach close?
    Beach is open 24 hrs. No life guards.

What about walking up and down 7 mile beach.
    You can walk up and down 7 mile beach. When you leave Hedo the guard at the gate will get your name and room number. If you plan to walk the entire beach to Negril bring footwear along as some parts of the beach are not navigable and you may have to head inland a bit.

Catamaran Tour
    Do at least one of the Cat tours. We've done both and still do the day tour because of the hours. If you want to go the Ricks Cafe then the sunset tour would be best. If you do more than one you get a slight discount on the 2nd tour.

What kind of music is played at the resort?
    Varies week to week. We go during the Jan/Feb timeframe. At the Nude pool during the late morning/early afternoon the Hedo DJ plays more Reggae music mixed with other beach/tropical/current music. Keeps it at a volume where you can easily converse. We've found that most DJs that groups bring take over in the afternoon and crank the volume to level 10 (only because there isn't a 11). Mark M being an exception. On the clothing option side they usually set up a speaker and play Reggae. At night during dining there is a house band called Root Explosions that plays Reggae.

I wouldn't go into the ocean at night. There are critters like small jellyfish, etc that come out at night and you can't see anything around you in the water then. I've seen security stop peeps lately.

If you hang on the beach at night put on insect repellent as with most islands, sand fleas come out at night and can leave itchy bites. I usually spray my legs for Monday's beach dinner and any other time I may be on the beach at night.

My group regularly has the One Love Pub Crawl setup as an event and it is great. ~$15 per person for the driver and then drinks along the way. Lenbert, the contact, does weekly trips on Wednesdays I believe and will pick up peeps at various resorts (google One Love Pub Crawl). Great for pics you can actually show back home. We've also gone to the Pelican Bar, but that is a longer excursion and gone ATV'ing using chukka tours in Sandy Bay for a morning. It took me years to do anything off the resort. The pool and beach gravity is tough to resist.
    Lovin' Life Returns to H2!
    February 25 - March 4, 2023

https://sites.google.com/view/lovinlife/home
    A Castaways Travel Agency Group

Blog Entries
    The roped off portion of the beach is shallow and not the best piece of beach in Negril. Mostly it's floating inside the ropes, which is really fun BTW. I'm an open ocean swimmer and it's very shallow outside the ropes for a bit, but it's fun to swim down past Sandals early in the morning. I usually swim up to Sandal's beach come out nude, look around like I'm confused and get back and swim to Hedo, LOL

Walking on the beach is totally awesome. The beach is listed in some places as one of the top ten in the world so it's nice. Just about ten minute walk past Hedo is an undeveloped strip of beach where swimming is just perfect. We walk down a couple of times during the week. Also it's fun to walk to Margaritaville or beyond. Negril is possibly one of the coolest beach locations anywhere.

The cat cruise is fun, you might not find it fun over and over again, but it's not to be missed on the first trip, just so fun to see the reaction of the other boats you go by.

I find the music disappointing there and always have. Either top forty (like I immediately shut off in my car), or sometimes employees playing esoteric Jamaican stuff that is barely listenable. Virtually no Reggae, but that is our week only. I would really like a resort DJ and a schedule of musical events, like REGGAE HOUR!, Blues dance hour, rock, and beach rock, don't get me going.

Most of the early risers are on the beach by 6:30. I usually get bored and while the water is clear and still spend a bit of time removing the urchins. About 11:00 (bar opens at 10) people start moving toward the pool as the party gets going pretty good and the beach grill is there for lunch and snacks.

Lots and lots of fun

Cheers

OOPS, almost forgot, yea don't go in the water at night.
    Last edited by takemetonegril; 08-29-2018 at 08:37 AM.
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

All great advice I would jut add going into the water at night probably not a good idea. And I do believe security would stop you at night. Otherwise go and have a great time.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021