Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Single male trip report 8/10 - 8/14

Single male trip report 8/10 - 8/14

Single male Newbie report 8/10-8/14

I’m writing this review on an airplane as I return home please excuse grammatical errors or typos

The following items were the main drivers in deciding where I would visit on my next vacation:
    1. Adult Oriented (read No Children)
    2. All inclusive
    3. Charged atmosphere (nightlife, day parties, fun, Fun, FUN)
    4. Social opportunity

After conversations with people that I know who have been to Hedo, and research/feedback received on this forum...I thought Hedo might just be the place for me, and Oh man ‘we’ were right!!

Rooms:
    The rooms were a bit dated but they’re working on that, I didn’t intended on spending much time in my room so for me there was no issue there.

Food:
    The food was terrific! There are a few ‘dinning in’ type options available, however I enjoyed the buffet selection.

Entertainment/staff/grounds:
    The staff attentiveness and nightly entertainment was top notch. The grounds were very well kept and maintained.

Gym:
    The gym was more than adequate for vacation needs. I’m a gym rat and I was pleased to find a full fitness center there.

Other guests:
    I’ve met so many wonderful people during my first visit (yup already looking for round two). As a single male, I had a bit of apprehension about making the trip because I didn’t want to be viewed as the ‘single creeper’. What I found is that as long as you were genuine, respectful, open to meeting new people and open minded/non-judgmental everything’s gonna be juuuuuuuust fiiinnnne; everyone also approached me with the same attitude. I never experienced any pressure to do anything that I didn’t want to.

Nude vs Prude:
    So, initially I didn’t have any intentions to visit the nude side of the resort (none at all). As I sat on the prude beach after check in, I found that all of the music, partying and good times were occurring on the nude side. I now had a hard decision to make, do I go to the nude side? Something that is waaaaaaay outside of my comfort zone? The answer was obviously yes... and it must be done immediately. So I went to the prude side bar and had a drink...and then another.....and again another, not because I was bat shit nervous but to ensure that I fully hydrated for the 130 steps that it would take me to get to the nude side. Okay okay...yes I was extremely nervous; I didn’t come here to isolate myself so I had to put on my ‘big boy pants’ or in this case take them off and head on over. THEE Best decision, there wasn’t a high volume of guests that stayed during my 4 days...however, there were certainly more than enough to make my visit beyond memorable!

In summary, my trip was excellent. I would recommend Hedo to anyone who may have similar interests as me in a heart beat and I’m ready to do it all again.

Thanks for all the support and feedback that I revived here on this forum prior to the trip, it was definitely helpful in easing my concerns and encouraging the pursuit.

1Luv!

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi there and thanks for taking the time to write a great report from a singles' perspective which we often don't read about here on ATF. Glad you had a great time.

Next visit, consider a group for not only the savings but immediate inclusion of group activities and socializing.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by The Travel Slut View Post
    Hi there and thanks for taking the time to write a great report from a singles' perspective which we often don't read about here on ATF. Glad you had a great time.

Next visit, consider a group for not only the savings but immediate inclusion of group activities and socializing.

Thanks again
    No Problem

Glad to hear you had a great time!

Thanks for the report from a slightly different perspective. Totally agree about the gym, good facility (some we have been to in the islands were nothing but piles of rusted metal and cables).
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscouplefl View Post
    Glad to hear you had a great time!
    I definitely did! I might have to make this a bi-annual trip...no pun intended

no pun intended

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMorgan View Post
    Thanks for the report from a slightly different perspective. Totally agree about the gym, good facility (some we have been to in the islands were nothing but piles of rusted metal and cables).
    When I saw a leg press I was like Hell Yea! It would be awesome if the had a squat cage but I’m not going to be a pocket meat head lol

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingTom View Post
    I definitely did! I might have to make this a bi-annual trip...no pun intended

no pun intended
    Lol, that's exactly what we said, plus if you go for 14 nights they give you 3 free. We decided to go again in November a couple months after we got back the first time and booked for 8 nights and got 3 nights free, so we get to be there for 11 nights this time. We can't wait!

Lol, that's exactly what we said, plus if you go for 14 nights they give you 3 free. We decided to go again in November a couple months after we got back the first time and booked for 8 nights and got 3 nights free, so we get to be there for 11 nights this time. We can't wait!
    I just looked for a slot in Feb and those prices are skkkky high ...looks like I’ll need a partner to split the bill with lol

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingTom View Post
    I just looked for a slot in Feb and those prices are skkkky high ...looks like I’ll need a partner to split the bill with lol
    Yeah prices in Jan-Mar are the highest of the year, I think we're paying something like $150 a night less in Nov then we did in Mar for the same room, we were there for 6 nights in March and 11 in Nov and I think it was around the same price, though 3 of the nights are free this time. Haven't decided yet about when we're going next year, but I'm sure we will by the time the next trip is over, one trip at a time, lol.

Blog Entries
    Glad you had fun and fit in with the vibe.

Yes, find a group for the next trip, their prices are usually better then the "rack rate" advertised on the web site
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Quote Originally Posted by takemetonegril View Post
    Glad you had fun and fit in with the vibe.

Yes, find a group for the next trip, their prices are usually better then the "rack rate" advertised on the web site
    Can you purchase travel insurance with the groups? That saved me on this trip as I missed a flight

Yeah prices in Jan-Mar are the highest of the year, I think we're paying something like $150 a night less in Nov then we did in Mar for the same room, we were there for 6 nights in March and 11 in Nov and I think it was around the same price, though 3 of the nights are free this time.
    That’s the time when half of Canada flies to Hedo to avoid their freezer-like conditions, with moose & all

Travelingtom - gl;ad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Check out our sexy specials here: https://www.hedonism.com/sexy-specials/ . Very competitive vs groups and yes, you can purchase trip insurance. You should also subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Randymon View Post
    Travelingtom - gl;ad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Check out our sexy specials here: https://www.hedonism.com/sexy-specials/ . Very competitive vs groups and yes, you can purchase trip insurance. You should also subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates.
    Your post was very helpful!!!! Thanks Randymom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast