Thread: July 21-28, 2018 Lovin' Life with AWOL

Talking July 21-28, 2018 Lovin' Life with AWOL

AWOL - July 21-28, 2018
    My 25th Trip

Since Jamaica doesn’t follow daylight savings time, my summer flight is earlier and gets in around 9:15am.
    We were the 1st flight into the airport and there were no lines at all. I was tempted to take a pic, but not sure
    that was allowed… Instead we flew through immigration and ended up waiting for luggage (of course 1 of my
    bags was searched so it took longer). While waiting I saw some peeps I knew and we all got on the same
    shuttle, all H2 bound with one of my favorite drivers ‘Dr. D.’ (short for Delicious). This week I booked as a
    returnee with AWOL as did a few other group hosts who were also on vacay – sure sign that it is a good week
    in the summer to go. ☺

I arrived at the resort around noon, was welcomed by my friends and my room was ready pretty quickly. I
    unpacked, covered the bathroom window with a dark yard bag using painters tape (to limit morning sun) and
    got myself out to eat lunch and start a hot and crazy week home. A nice surprise at lunch that day was a run-in
    with some friends who I hadn’t seen in few years who were leaving the same day. We hung out until they
    left, and I got re-introduced to my summer group peeps. I have many outfits stored from previous years and
    wore one of these that night with some ‘horny’ accessories. Ended up stayed up 24 hrs that day before
    crashing into bed.

I had a reno’d GVR room for the week and found the new combination USB and 3-prong outlets above the
    bedside tables were very handy to have vs. trying to find the old one behind it on previous trips. Also, the new
    shower was wonderful. It was easy to turn on/off and adjust water temp. The handheld was at the right height
    for me (5’ 5”) to use as a shower head but is short for taller peeps who would need to use the rain fall shower
    head instead. The new foot step and longer shelf in the shower were nice too. They now provide lemon grass
    scented shampoo/conditioner, body wash and lotion, as well as small bar soaps. There is now a wall hook near
    the room door, so I didn’t have to bring my own. The rest of the reno was mainly replacement of the old
    furniture and beside lighting.

I’m a very light sensitive sleeper and, after a few nights of 2-3 hrs of sleep, found that the curtains in my reno’d
    GVR room didn’t touch the sill so sunlight streamed in, but that I could block most of it by putting towels around
    the window sill plus one blocking the bottom of the door helped with noise. Def slept better after that or
    purrhaps I was just too tired to care.

Overall, the weather was hot and humid with afternoon showers just about every day – normal for summer
    months there. We ate once at the Japanese restaurant, but the heat prevented me from going again.
    Pastafari was a frequent choice just because it is a/c’d and the piano bar was where a lot of us ‘A/C sluts’ (yes,
    the sweet spot was found by many on the far side of the bar) met up after dinner before going down to the
    disco and then pool for midnight pizza and peeps until 3-4am. Nice thing is they have patties available at
    night, so if you don’t want to wait for grill food, you can munch on one of those yummies instead.

There has either been more staff changes or many were out for vacay as I didn’t see some of the ones I am
    used to having there. Everyone on staff had new uniforms (orange for bartenders, blue for cleaning staff, etc.).
    Note to remember: it was mentioned by someone I trust, that we need to make sure no inappropriate behavior
    (naughtiness) is shown any pics with staff when they are posted online. These can impact their job just like
    canoodling or tipping has for others.

The repeater party had a 3-night drawing pulled from those who submit comment cards from the previous
    week. Make sure to fill these out and put your email on it so they can follow-up if your name is drawn.

Trip Memories

▪ Getting the ‘how is your stay’ phone call from the front desk asking the usual questions until they got to the
    ‘do you have any special occasions this week’ one, when I said ‘Everyday’. Who doesn’t think every day at
    home is special, right?!

▪ Sitting in the piano bar with my peeps when someone crop dusted us with a fart. I just couldn’t, just
    couldn’t not laugh as much as I was going OMG in my head while looking at a group peep whose eyes
    were squinting and similarly laughing. Then he said the classic line (reminding me of someone in my
    February group), ‘It wasn’t me’ and (given he had been tummy sick the night before) then said, ‘I still don’t
    trust myself and I am wearing white’! No ‘sharting’ allowed!! LOL! Oh’ my belly hurt so good from laughing
    and we were crying from it all. Then noticed that 2 other group peeps closer to the smell hadn’t even
    flinched from it and were talking up a storm. I guess a good bed time ‘story’ will stop brains from
    registering many things until the delayed reaction kicked in...

▪ Seeing a guy and gal in matching school girl tops and ultra-mini-skirts that left ‘him’ hanging out a bit.
    Then when Deon called her up to get on the piano, I think he thought it was for the swap clothes game and
    he said ‘I don’t think I would fit in her panties just now’ and everyone could see why when she got up. ‘He’
    was ready for some ‘pole’ dancin’ instead... 😉

▪ Another single gal and I taking an awesome guy whose wife was in bed early to dinner with us at Pastafari,
    when, after telling another couple we had picked him up as a stray, she said ‘I can see why - you’re edible’.
    We seemed to eat very close to each other several times that week - being ‘edible’ is good!

▪ Same single gal and I pulling a prank on a guy who was sooo full of ‘in-u-end-o’ before the trip. The Mr.
    party peckers and muscle shirts made their re-appearance and he was face deep in oversized strap-ons
    (others seemed to enjoy riding them too)! Careful what you repeatedly “don’t” ask for…

▪ Staying in the pool with fun peeps no matter what – rainy afternoons or cooler nights, we refused to give in,
    get out or go to bed. One guy brought his room umbrella out to the pool and used it while the rest of us
    huddled under the ones provided or the bar. Then at night when it was cool a couple nights, we huddled
    together, and some found even the ‘pee hole’ very comfy (corner of the bar where warm water was
    pumped in) though I still say it was probably a convenient place to do the other for some.... LOL!

▪ Thanks in part to an awesome peep who brought his wireless speaker, we had tunes at the pool at night.
    One gent who hadn’t made it up late last year ended up dancing until 3:30am this trip and we grooved to
    50 Cent’s P.I.M.P. He then and forever will be known as ‘Mr. P.I.M.P.’ – you know who you are!

▪ Having a fun gal friend think someone was me before proceeding to grab a--. Then the lady turned around
    and it wasn’t me. Total ‘WTF’ moment was had by all. {Been there done that before…smh LOL!}

▪ Eating yummy coco bread at lunch and being told by a peep that he didn’t eat bread because it was like a
    butt plug for him, then being told later that he had gone back to a room with a gal and found she had a real
    one! Karma bites back! I’ll stick with the yummy coco bread, just sayin’! LOL!

▪ Dancing with one of my fav bartenders while 3 local musicians sang amazing vocals and beats – what you
    miss if you leave/go to bed early. <3 <3 Moments.

▪ Being given a flashing ‘Kiss’ emoji ring that ended up being donated to one of our Canadian hunkies who
    borrowed my light up bunny ears and just needed a happy light down under too. ☺

▪ Shout out to all the peeps I met and danced with this week and to the awesome AWOL hosts who always
    go all out to welcome everyone and create an amazing week of fun.

▪ Latest pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BJXKAi1Xkb6AAfYD7

Now, bring on February 23 - March 2, 2019 when it’s the Lovin’ Life group peeps turn to play!

https://sites.google.com/view/lovinlife/home

LL Ad.jpg
    Lovin' Life Returns to H2!
    February 25 - March 4, 2023

A Castaways Travel Agency Group

Great report, thanks for posting!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

You're very welcome!

Forgot to put a couple helpful hints. If anyone puts stickers on their sipper cups and want them to stay in place, use super glue not just the glue that is on them. It's kept mine on for 2 trips now with major pool chemical exposure.

And, for those who go in the summer, a brief use of the hairdryer will not only keep your sunglasses and camera lens from blurring with humidity/temp change, it also will help with those pesky insect bites. I sprayed my legs every night, but must have gotten a few ant bites around the bottom of my feet. Erg.

Let me know if anyone has any other questions.

Lisa

Thanks for your trip report. I really enjoyed reading it. The photos really made me feel like I was back in Negril !

Thank you for the report. In February I had a refurbished room and the light coming from around the curtains woke me up everyday. Will have to try the pillow trick next time. Surprised more people don't comment about this.

Towels lined around the base of the curtains and under the door worked well for me. Some people like to get up early or don't mind the sun coming in, but staying up until 3-4am = needing to sleep in!