Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: How much do you tip Rocky's?

  1. #16
    Registered User curiouscouplefl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    100
    Thanks for the info sunandsea! I think we'll give Rocky's a try on our next trip and hopefully we'll get the resort quicker.

  2. #17
    Registered User ShawneeKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    284
    We always use Rocky's. My trip in Sept will be lucky 13. Used the bus on our first trip, too many stops. Trip 2 we used Rocky's and will stay with them. Leroy is my favorite driver. One trip on the way back to the airport a baby goat ran out in front of us. He managed to break hard enough to miss the goat without throwing us in the front seat. I appreciated that. 😀
    Hedo II - My Happy Place
    Sept. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and looking forward to 2018
    April 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018

  3. #18
    Registered User ShawneeKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    284
    Regarding the question about tipping, I usually tip $5 per bag, 3-4 bags per trip. I have a couple favorite drivers and usually give them extra, just cause they've gone out of their way for me a time or two.
    Hedo II - My Happy Place
    Sept. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and looking forward to 2018
    April 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018

  4. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    23
    Just a quick update, as I said in an earlier post the trip to the resort was great and I will request Leroy for future trips. The trip from the resort to the airport was a different story. I will not mention names here but the driver was one of the most vulgar guys I have ever met. We had just spent seven days at Hedo and not once did we feel uncomfortable or get offended. This guy offended me with his language and storytelling and made both me and my wife feel uncomfortable. Even after I tried to change the subject and then politely called him out he continued. I guess he thought since we stayed at Hedo nothing was off limits. I will definitely use Rocky’s again but I will refuse to get in the car with this guy.

  5. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    66
    Hello we use rocky . We always use Bruce for driver . Hes the best .

  6. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    172
    Blog Entries
    1
    Been using Rockys going 15 years now $20 each way for the private car for 2.
    Dave and Claire

  7. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    40
    $20 each way. We do private shuttle.

  8. #23
    Registered User ChiTownHedoCpl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    346
    $20 each way for us as well
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!


    SLS: HedoCpl62

  9. #24
    Registered User ShawneeKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt&g View Post
    Just a quick update, as I said in an earlier post the trip to the resort was great and I will request Leroy for future trips. The trip from the resort to the airport was a different story. I will not mention names here but the driver was one of the most vulgar guys I have ever met. We had just spent seven days at Hedo and not once did we feel uncomfortable or get offended. This guy offended me with his language and storytelling and made both me and my wife feel uncomfortable. Even after I tried to change the subject and then politely called him out he continued. I guess he thought since we stayed at Hedo nothing was off limits. I will definitely use Rocky’s again but I will refuse to get in the car with this guy.
    That's too bad. Rocky would want to know about this. Contact him through the website, or PM me and I'll send you an email address I use.
    Hedo II - My Happy Place
    Sept. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and looking forward to 2018
    April 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018

  10. #25
    Registered User SooIan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Shropshire U.K.
    Posts
    295
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawneeKat View Post
    Regarding the question about tipping, I usually tip $5 per bag, 3-4 bags per trip. I have a couple favorite drivers and usually give them extra, just cause they've gone out of their way for me a time or two.
    I know Americans have a big tipping culture and we (UK) not so much, but got to say this tip does seem excessive. Don't you work on the fact " its all relevant" tip them on a tip they can relate to and not what YOU, might tip back home? I know we want to give a little back and we can afford it but....Its so spoiling things for future.
    April 9th-23rd

  11. #26
    Registered User SooIan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Shropshire U.K.
    Posts
    295
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt&g View Post
    Just a quick update, as I said in an earlier post the trip to the resort was great and I will request Leroy for future trips. The trip from the resort to the airport was a different story. I will not mention names here but the driver was one of the most vulgar guys I have ever met. We had just spent seven days at Hedo and not once did we feel uncomfortable or get offended. This guy offended me with his language and storytelling and made both me and my wife feel uncomfortable. Even after I tried to change the subject and then politely called him out he continued. I guess he thought since we stayed at Hedo nothing was off limits. I will definitely use Rocky’s again but I will refuse to get in the car with this guy.
    Honestly now....Did you tip this guy? as we only tip for good service.
    April 9th-23rd

  12. #27
    Registered User ShawneeKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by SooIan View Post
    I know Americans have a big tipping culture and we (UK) not so much, but got to say this tip does seem excessive. Don't you work on the fact " its all relevant" tip them on a tip they can relate to and not what YOU, might tip back home? I know we want to give a little back and we can afford it but....Its so spoiling things for future.
    Fair statement. In the states I would also tip $5 per bag, which as you said is more expected in the US than it is in Jamaica. I've used Rocky's service for several trips and have gotten to know almost most of Rocky's drivers. There have been several trips where I've requested a quick stop along the way, and if it's for something as simple as a six-pack of Coke for my hubby at a local store (only Pepsi on the resort and he prefers Coke), or a more personal purchase, Rocky's drivers have always volunteered to run into the store for us to pickup what we want. I've also had several interesting conversation with the drivers, sometimes light and historical, sometimes deeply philosophical. These guys have become part of my extended Jamaican family so I do choose to over tip. It's a bite to my budget to do this because I work a second job just for the funding to come back to Hedo, but to me it's a worthwhile splurge to receive excellent service and to do something nice for another person.
    Hedo II - My Happy Place
    Sept. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and looking forward to 2018
    April 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018

  13. #28
    Registered User Newpilot10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    25
    Can anyone provide Rocky’s web site and do they wait for you with a sign?

  14. #29
    Registered User ChiTownHedoCpl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by Newpilot10 View Post
    Can anyone provide Rocky’s web site and do they wait for you with a sign?
    Just google rockys tax jamaica and you will see it at the top
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!


    SLS: HedoCpl62

  15. #30
    Registered User Newpilot10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    25
    What is Rocky’s taxi service web site?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rocky's Taxi - When do you pay?
    By GenuineCoupleDC in forum Hedonism II
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-29-2016, 02:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •