Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May 2018 Trip Report

May 2018 Trip Report

Resort and Amenities

This all-inclusive resort was far nicer than I thought it would be and was our first trip to
    Hedo. The images from the Hedonism website are very accurate. I assumed those were
    nice professional pictures that showed only the best side. I was expecting the few guest
    photos I saw to be more accurate. I was so very glad I was wrong. It really set a very
    positive tone for the rest of the week!

The lobby was very nice and inviting, which then flowed into the main dining area, Show
    Stage and bar. This is a very large area to accommodate tons of people. There are a
    few different high quality buffet style bars as well as a chef making limited dishes, fresh
    to order each meal.

I didn’t pay attention all that well but it seemed that there was about 2-ish hours
    between the end and beginning of each meal. We were able to eat dinner at 9:15 pm
    without any issue and seemed relatively fresh.

The food is ever-changing. I can’t really even explain what I ate, because they aren’t
    traditional American buffet dishes. It is however broken out to be able to get what you
    want. For example there was white fish, cooked different ways each night. Same with
    chicken, beef, pork and goat. They all had separated sides to accompany them. Most of
    the time I just got the “protein” and veggies. They had a gigantic salad and dessert bar.
    You could definitely eat healthy, nothing seemed over salted/sweet or packed with
    sodium. So unlike many American buffets it was higher quality food that wasn’t easy to
    just keep stuffing your face until you explode.

You HAVE to go get pizza at Midnight at the Nude Pool Grill! Simple but awesome!
    Seating in the main dining area is very easy to either sit by yourself, bring in a group or
    even jump in with a group already sitting together. People are extremely accepting and
    welcoming. A server is also assigned to any table you choose. They will get you
    anything from the bar or soft drink you may want. You don’t have to get it yourself, but
    you can.

Everything especially in this area was very clean! There is someone constantly cleaning
    the tables, bars and the bathrooms! Nudity is not allowed in this area. You will see
    plenty of see-through and pasties.

While we didn’t go to any of the other standalone restaurants and can’t speak
    personally about them, we heard great things about them. There was a Pasta
    restaurant, Chop/Steak House, Beach Grill and a Japanese Hibachi style experience.
    These are all first come, first served. They also place people together and can take a
    while from what I hear.

Right outside of this area is the “Prude” side pool. This area is clothing option. You’ll see
    a total mix of nude, topless, see-through and clothed people here at any given time.
    This is where people seem to gather for theme nights. Usually after dinner while
    watching the nightly live shows by the entertainment staff, which are amazing by the
    way. The talent that this staff has to perform completely different acts each night blew
    me away.

Just to the south of that is the gym, spa (turns into Romp Shop 10:30pm-3am), gift shop
    (has anything you’d ever need), Piano Bar and tennis courts. The gym is very nice and
    has almost everything.. It was never busy and always at least someone in there. I
    thought about just not working out, but as they say...you can do whatever you want. So I
    worked out every day for an hour or so. It really helped me feel better and to be honest
    a bit of distraction from the sensory overload.

Rooms

I made a pretty big deal out of the rooms. But honestly we spent so very little time in
    there, spending the extra money for a Premium didn’t make sense for us. The newly
    renovated rooms are a lot nicer than the non-renovated rooms. But it seems like there
    are very few of them left. The renovated bathrooms I believe are the biggest difference
    and I love new bathrooms.

These were also VERY clean. They had way more storage than you’d ever need. I
    brought way too many clothes. Wife brought a couple bikinis, her Theme Night
    Outfits/Lingerie, Workout clothes and variety of shoes. Could have fit everything we
    wore in two drawers. They had six and a full length closet. We had the Garden View Au
    Natural which was very close to the Nude Pool. We were kind of in the middle of
    everything.

Staff and Service

My opinion of the Staff and Service changed as the week went on. When we first got
    there I noticed that the hospitality crew was on top of their game. If I recall right they
    tend to have the blue shirts. They were always asking if we needed anything and if
    everything was good. The bartenders in the beginning of the week, however seemed
    put out and annoyed at points. The group we went with noticed this and attributed it to
    not getting tipped. Which then made us really want to start tipping. Tipping isn’t allowed
    there as staff can get in trouble. However, discreetly there are ways of showing your
    appreciation.

With keeping the rule of not tipping, I wanted to find a way to show my appreciation. I
    started noticing little things when other people ordered. Especially with those who were
    greeted with smiles and warmth. They all had some things in common. So I started
    taking off my glasses when asking for something at the bar. Making sure they heard me
    say thank you and looking them in the eye. Using their name. It literally made a world of
    difference. Going forward without ever giving any monetary appreciation, I was served
    quickly, my drinks were remembered (regardless of which bar they may have been
    working at any given time). Me smiling and showing genuine appreciation was always
    returned with a huge smile and a “you’re welcome mon.”

Expect to get great service because you’re “paying them by being there,” you’ll get a
    pretty chilly response. Treat the very hard-working staff as well as you’re expecting to
    be treated and you’ll find yourself with some top-notch service, without spending
    anything extra but some gratitude.

Theme Nights

My wife in some form participated in each of the theme nights . I feel like it was about
    40-60% participation on any given night. Glow and Toga night seemed to have the
    highest participants. Guys did seem to participate less and mostly wore nicer clothing. I
    found it really fun to see the creativity and people just having fun. It helps people come
    together in a common way and sparks conversation. I for one was dreading the
    shopping and prep of it all. Ultimately I participated in Toga, Glow, and Jamaica nights
    and found it very fun in the end! Many people also wear theirs to dinner and is
    completely acceptable as long as the pink parts are covered.

Nude Side and Prude Side

As you can imagine these two sides are night and day different. However, you can see
    and do very similar activities on both sides. Sometimes even more on the Clothing
    Optional Side. Really the only difference between the two is the energy. I would say the
    Nude side is night club energy. The Prude/Clothing Optional Side is your neighborhood
    bar energy.

The Prude side is butted up next to Sandals only separated by a gate and a rock island.
    It has a couple pools, a couple bars and is a bit more spread out. It seems more
    integrated into much of the resorts other buildings including the main dining and bar.
    We went there two afternoons to just relax and lay on the beach. We wore clothes but
    there was clothed, topless and nude people throughout. In the afternoon about 2:00 pm
    there were only about a dozen or so people lounging around. It’s very quiet and
    relaxing. Most people keep to themselves but are polite and at least during the time
    were there weren’t partying.

This is also where people from other resorts tend to walk the beach to “look at the
    naked people.” But honestly, I think they are simply curious and keeping the
    non-judgment vibe of Hedo, I totally welcomed them. I never took offense to them
    walking the beach, no one covered up if they were topless or nude and no one stared.
    The ENTIRE beach is legal for anyone to walk. Especially if they stay in the water.
    Security can’t make them leave or make them take their clothes off. As long as they are
    not harassing anyone they can technically even take pictures from the water on the
    Nude Side. We never ran into anyone taking pictures that were walking or in the boats
    that regularly bring people by the nude side to get a closer look. I simply waved and
    they would wave back. I can understand how people get upset. But being polite and fun
    may just get them to be guests on their next stay. Or meet them on a day pass!
    Taking pictures on the Nude side I’ve heard will get you ran out by Hedo guests. And to
    clarify if you are Hedo guest the resort will make you feel very unwelcome, if not kick
    you out. Saw a couple of occasions when multiple Hedo guests complain about
    particular phone holders.

Like I said the Nude side is similar to the Clothing Optional side in the amenities and
    look. There is a Pool, Hot tub, Grotto, Bar and a Beach Grill. There is a very clear
    cross-over. There are literally signs and increased security to remind you to remove
    your clothing as soon as you get settled. If you plan to stay longer than 5-10 minutes
    you will be asked to remove your clothing. Ocean View Rooms’ patios butt up to the
    Nude Beach (as do Prude Sides) and it seems they can tell if you’re heading back to
    your room. The first time we crossed the line we felt the need to remove our suits before
    we crossed. No one said anything, we just felt it was only fair and planned staying
    anyways. We did however stay clothed another time until getting almost to the other end
    where our group was before disrobing. I don’t know if we got looks from some guests
    because they were trying to decide if we were going to get naked, or they were simply
    watching my hot wife in her already revealing bikini.

The Nude Beach is relatively quiet at the start of it. You can hear the music from the
    Nude pool but you can relax. The energy and noise starts increasing the closer you get
    to the pool. And everyone but the staff is nude. The sexual energy increases as well. I’ll
    go into more detail below for those who want to skip that part of the experience. There
    are A LOT more people over on the Nude side. We also spent time on the beach there,
    but mostly standing in the water talking amongst ourselves until we decided to go to the
    nude pool.

The Nude Pool has a DJ that is playing music and depending on the group there are fun
    interactive adult games or activities. This is the area I think people worry the most
    about, but is the most accepting and nonjudgmental energy of any place I have ever
    experienced. You’ll see some things, but for the most part it’s just hundreds of naked
    people laying out, drinking, talking, partying, eating food and getting to know each other!

There are separate bathrooms there. The Men’s seems to be a common's area as it’s
    next to the cubbies where you place your belonging. The urinals are tucked in to the
    building but are in plain sight once at the entrance. There are two walkways to the
    Women’s one being on the other side of that building and one being in front of the
    urinals. The first afternoon there was a woman using one of the stalls next to the urinals
    and I assumed it was coed. Told my wife and a couple other ladies. Then we all found
    out that there was a women’s just round the corner! HAHA! I just accepted it, as
    everything else seemed so accepting.

The Nude pool is the main party center. Mostly late afternoon and late night. That is
    where a ton of people go at least at night. The energy is super crazy at night and since
    it’s dark I think many people may feel a bit less self-conscious. Plus some other reasons
    that I’ll discuss below. But all in all it’s a super fun, accepting environment that is the
    best place to meet people.

Environment and People

I heard that you as a guest and the other guests are the ones that really make Hedo,
    Hedo. They were absolutely right. Without the wonderful people that are extremely
    accepting, nonjudgmental and willing to talk about the most mundane things while being
    completely naked, Hedo would be just another resort.

There are people from around the globe, that are literally of all ages, shapes, colors,
    grooming preferences, classes, philosophies, religions and level of “attractiveness.” It all
    goes away when people are willing to be Nude in front of each other. IT. IS. FUCKING.
    MAGICAL.

While we noticed people being naked while talking to them, walking past them or
    standing at the grill, it wasn’t something that was sexual or that we felt the need to even
    look at. I noticed people’s genitals the way I noticed someone’s shoes. And since that’s
    how I thought, I assumed almost everyone else were thinking the same thing and any
    insecurities I may have had were no different from if I were fully covered. You want to
    feel the full liberation of just letting go of your insecurities? Try going to the Nude Pool in
    the middle of the day!

Conclusion

While I think everyone should give this place a shot, I know it’s not for everyone and
    hope we were able to give some insight to make someone’s decision easier. Even if it’s
    a day/night pass to get a feel. This is really long but I didn’t want to water it down to just
    information that could be obtained anywhere or on the site.

For me it was a bit of sensory overload. It wore off about day 4, but my American
    Society taught brain was on overdrive with all the nudity and activities.
    We had an absolutely amazing time and will be going back. We completely understand
    how people get addicted and go back dozens of times. My wife and I were able to enjoy
    ourselves and reconnect away from home. Hang out with some good friends and make
    some new ones! What they say is all true!

~ HotwifesHubby and HubbysHotwife

Sexual Activity, Lifestyle, Groups and Singles

Ok, for those of you who made it this far or simply skipped to this part; it probably won’t
    be super comprehensive as we don’t Swing or swap. We do have plenty of friends who
    do, and met wonderful people in the LS. This place can be a sexually charged oasis, it
    was for us. But it doesn’t have to be.

Starting on the Nude Side the sexual energy does go way up. Lots of exhibitionists on
    the Nude Beach. These can also be found on the Prude side too. A very attractive
    couple put on a show in the cabana right outside the gym while we were working out. At
    any given time on the Nude side you’d see 1-2 couples on the beach doing anything
    from Oral to full on screaming sex. It’s a large area, so they tend to find a place that isn’t
    right next to anyone. Whether it be on a raft, the floating dock or the edge of the water.
    The rooms also have sliding doors to the beach as well as hot tubs people take
    advantage of.

Within the first couple hours before even experiencing being nude, a room by the stairs
    below our room with the door wide open was a woman receiving oral for everyone to
    see. I’ve read that if the door is open like that you are completely ok to stand and watch.
    But do not ever go in unless invited.

The Nude Pool will have all sorts of activity at any given time of day or night. So a lot of
    co-ed oral/handies going on in the Pool/Hot tub and along the edge. Full sex can be a
    bit discreet, but there is a small Playroom without doors with two beds should you want
    to get comfortable. They are only feet away from the Hot tub. There is also a Grotto
    separated by a waterfall that can provide a bit of privacy but still be seen. However,
    people do have sex right in the water. The Pool is probably the best for voyeurism and
    exhibitionism. No one cares that someone is having sex or giving oral in the same area.
    You’ll also hear cheering for particularly enthusiastic people.

We met some really awesome and respectable single males who hung with us multiple
    nights and didn’t try anything! We did run into a couple single males who had to be told
    no multiple times and ultimately had to go off on before they got it. Ironically the one I
    told I was going to talk to security about was wearing a shirt the next day that said,
    “what about no don’t you understand.” Uninvited single males are not allowed in the
    Playrooms.

There are two Playrooms. One small one by the Hot Tub and one very large one within
    the Spa. While we witnessed possible swapping in other places the Romp Shop had
    very open swapping going on. We were asked by a very attractive couple but did pass,
    and they were very polite and courteous. When we were in there, it was mostly couples
    not swapping. So don’t assume everyone is just there for an orgy. We were very close
    to multiple couples and no one even tried to touch us. So it can be just you and your
    partner, don’t let the “we don’t swap” stop you from going in. But if you are looking to
    swap it’s an option readily available.

It’s honestly a very sensual environment. Even if it were just you and your partner. It’s in
    a courtyard that you can see the stars with electric candles throughout for ambiance
    and an amazing sound of waterfalls mixed with ecstasy! It’s also very liberating and a
    hugely erotic experience to go full on with your partner next to people.

There are tons of towels and sheets. They have beds all around, single size ones off to
    the side and some in the middle all put together like giant bed that works well for 8-10
    couples. I believe they have condoms and lube available if you didn’t bring your own.
    You have to be nude before you come in, but can bring your belonging next to you, so I
    assume you can probably bring in toys too.

They have bathrooms and shower rooms available right there. It’s much cleaner and
    more comfortable than the pool area (ouch to chlorine and sand getting sensitive
    places) There also is a bondage room, but it wasn’t active when we were in there.
    I highly recommend it, if nothing than for the experience of it.

Excellent newbie trip report! A must read for anyone considering going to Hedo.
    Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed report. Totally agree with displaying courteousness toward the staff, “respect” is a huge thing in Jamaica and will take you a long way.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely awesome report---thank you for sharing and your time/efforts.

Awesome trip report. Thanks for sharing in such detail.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

That is one of the best, most comprehensive trip reports we have read. We read a similarly detailed and positive trip report by David & Qian before our first trip which clinched it for us. We're hooked now lol.....hopefully you are as well
    Lenny & Eva

TTR Cancun 2008 & 2016
    TTR Los Cabos 2010
    Hedo 2016, 2018, 2019

Amazing insight from the view point of a newbie. Anxious to live the experience!

Thanks for a really well written and complete trip report. It's probably the best I've seen! We were really looking forward to our visit in October, but after your report the wait will be that much harder.

Agree with everyone; a great trip report and a fun read. As CapnMorgan said; a must read for newbies for sure.

Habfan68 - Thanks for the nice words. Appreciated very much. Hope to meet in the future.
    Returning to HEDO October 16 through 26, 2019

Blog Entries
    I would say the
    Nude side is night club energy. The Prude/Clothing Optional Side is your neighborhood
    bar energy.

Perfect description,,,,,,nice report, well written. Next trip will be so much more fun if you can believe it.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Wow, thanks for all the great compliments! It's really great of you all to take the time to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by dalmar View Post
    Thanks for a really well written and complete trip report. It's probably the best I've seen! We were really looking forward to our visit in October, but after your report the wait will be that much harder.
    This is exactly why I wanted to write this! It can be nerve wracking and unsure before going and it's so much easier to just write a bad review rather than what people actually want, which is your experience. Thanks, have fun hope to hear more about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Habfan68 View Post
    That is one of the best, most comprehensive trip reports we have read. We read a similarly detailed and positive trip report by David & Qian before our first trip which clinched it for us. We're hooked now lol.....hopefully you are as well
    Thanks for this, nice to hear from Veterans that this is something that is useful to people!

Quote Originally Posted by takemetonegril View Post
    I would say the
    bar energy.

Perfect description,,,,,,nice report, well written. Next trip will be so much more fun if you can believe it.

Cheers
    It's the first thing that came to mind!

With keeping the rule of not tipping, I wanted to find a way to show my appreciation. I
    started noticing little things when other people ordered. Especially with those who were
    greeted with smiles and warmth. They all had some things in common. So I started
    taking off my glasses when asking for something at the bar. Making sure they heard me
    say thank you and looking them in the eye. Using their name. It literally made a world of
    difference. Going forward without ever giving any monetary appreciation, I was served
    quickly, my drinks were remembered (regardless of which bar they may have been
    working at any given time). Me smiling and showing genuine appreciation was always
    returned with a huge smile and a “you’re welcome mon.”

Appreciation towards staff: Thought I would throw this out there with regards to how staff obtains recognition...When you are checking out, there is the option of special mention to any staff members who you really appreciated during your stay. From what I was informed, the names actually do give the staff some sort of attention from management. Unsure of whether it is ratings on performance, or other... I had asked how we could show appreciation towards staff members since tipping was not permitted, and the response was "when you check out, put their names on the paper and it will help them. They will appreciate you mentioning them". We have mentioned staff on each check out after that as they have gone above and beyond to make us feel very "at home" and made the trip even more enjoyable.
    If someone else has anything else they know of how to show appreciation by abiding to the Hedo2 rules, please do inform.
    Great and realistic trip report!
    2021 Nov 20 to Dec 4 (15 days) Hedo II (Covid pandemic)
    2020 Nov 21 to Dec 5 (15 days) Hedo II (Baz Adv Dive cert-Pandemic)
    2019 May Secrets Hideaway FL
    2019 Dec 6 to 16th (11 days) Hedo II
    2018 Dec 26 to 2019 Jan 7 Hedo II (13 days) Happy NYE
    2017 Nov 22-Dec 2: Hedo II (11 days)
    2017 Sept 14-16: Sandy Bottoms Resort
    2017 Apr 28-May 8: Hedo II (10 days perfect) New friends, experiences and great times along with OW Scuba cert
    2016 Jan 1-Jan 8: Hedo II (8 days) newbies and enjoyed

Quote Originally Posted by David & Qian View Post
    Agree with everyone; a great trip report and a fun read. As CapnMorgan said; a must read for newbies for sure.

Habfan68 - Thanks for the nice words. Appreciated very much. Hope to meet in the future.
    No problem. You're trip report really helped us. We would love to meet for a drink sometime. We're looking at early Nov 2018 and/or early Feb 2019 for our next trip(s) If we ever cross paths - first drink is on us.
    Lenny & Eva

TTR Cancun 2008 & 2016
    TTR Los Cabos 2010
    Hedo 2016, 2018, 2019

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast