Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did YOU choose the group you're traveling with??

How did YOU choose the group you're traveling with??

Just curious.

We haven't even been yet and my husband and I are already talking about 2019 for a week (we're only doing 4 nights this time) and I was looking at all the groups and don't know how to choose one or how to know if one is better or worse than any other.

How did YOU choose?

We were there without a group and met people in a group, made friends and decided to go with them them next time.

Before we were group hosts, we actually booked with the Nood Brood because they were the only ones going the week we wanted to go and we wanted a group rate. After a few years, we became co-hosts and now we are the sole hosts. But you have to start somewhere and sometimes it is an easy way to choose (like it was for us) and sometimes you have many groups to choose from. I suggest booking with groups based on what time of year you want to go and then checking out their Facebook pages or websites. Sometimes even word of mouth from other Hedonists is a good way to learn too.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Before our first trip I did a lot of research about Hedo and the groups in house during the weeks we were considering. I soon realized there are a lot of variations to the groups. Decide what fun level you are looking for, super crazy blow out for a full week to a lot of nice people partying and hanging out together with some shenanigans but not super crazy. A lot of people heavily in the lifestyle, or not so much. Several group hosts have a link to their groups general website or Facebook page with in their signature of their postings. Also check the Hedo website for more information. When you find a group you think is a match contact the group host and ask them questions to see if it's a good fit. Also, a really important tip. Find out what other groups are there during the same week. If they are too wild and crazy for you it could ruin your fun time. You may want to rethink your dates. Just my experiences and observations over 12 trips. Good luck, I hope you find a good match.
    Hedo II - My Happy Place

April 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2021 (no 2020, darn COVID)
    Sept. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, & 2022

Went without a group, saw the groups looked like fun, seen what groups were going the time we were interested in and booked with them.
    Then we decided to start our own group.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Lots of research. Find one that has similar interests as you. But group or no group hedo will be a blast.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Look into when you want to go, seasons make a difference. Winter is less humid/hot and summer is a lot more so, then August - October are the true rain/hurricane season months. If you want a cheap trip, go during those months, but expect lower occupancy until mid-October.

As far as I know the resort requires a 5 night stay to get group rates and with 2 day being travel days it is worth going at least that many nights.

Once you get a time frame narrowed down do what the others have said and check into the groups going both those listed in the group section on here and on the resort site (though it isn't always updated with future groups - they post group info a few weeks after the group has had their week). Then price check them to see what their rates are and what they include (airport transfers, goodies, etc.). As well as any special discounts (military/1st responder, etc.).

That said, you can book with a group and not do anything they do - it is your vacay. Enjoy it!
    Lovin' Life Returns to H2!
    February 25 - March 4, 2023

https://sites.google.com/view/lovinlife/home
    A Castaways Travel Agency Group

Woah thank you guys so so much! I appreciate it. Now to plan my 2019 travel. #overzealousmuch?

Woah thank you guys so so much! I appreciate it. Now to plan my 2019 travel. #overzealousmuch?

Picking a group seems to mostly depend on when you can go, then finding a group that sounds like it would fit you guys. We’ve been with two groups but the second group has become family. Our group we went with because of the dates we could go but turns out it really clicked with us. We aren’t swingers but the group has them and we fit right in. Seems everyone fits and that’s what we liked. Seems there is a group for everyone and every lifestyle interest. Just look into what sounds fun to you guys.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Picking a group seems to mostly depend on when you can go, then finding a group that sounds like it would fit you guys. We’ve been with two groups but the second group has become family. Our group we went with because of the dates we could go but turns out it really clicked with us. We aren’t swingers but the group has them and we fit right in. Seems everyone fits and that’s what we liked. Seems there is a group for everyone and every lifestyle interest. Just look into what sounds fun to you guys.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Agree with above. Look at groups going around dates you can go. Ask others about perspective groups. Check rates, travel agent used, etc. It's all about finding a tribe you vibe with. Good luck!

October 17 - October 26, 2019
    April 18 - 25, 2020

www.theplayfulpussycats.com
    www.wildwomenvacations.com

Shannon
    Stay Sexy My Friends

Often Imitated, Never Duplicated

Our first trip we didn't know about groups or much about the resort other than there was a nude beach and a party. Met some great people and had a blast. Second trip we looked at the different groups in the timeframe we wanted to go and picked a group what we felt had similar interests, which worked out great for a few trips. Eventually our interests evolved and our timeframe as well, so we switched groups.

We booked a last minute trip with a different group last Jan based on the fact they were the only group that still had availability. We didn't really click with that group but had a great time anyways, other groups there were very welcoming and we met great people.

Our first trip we didn't know about groups or much about the resort other than there was a nude beach and a party. Met some great people and had a blast. Second trip we looked at the different groups in the timeframe we wanted to go and picked a group what we felt had similar interests, which worked out great for a few trips. Eventually our interests evolved and our timeframe as well, so we switched groups.

We booked a last minute trip with a different group last Jan based on the fact they were the only group that still had availability. We didn't really click with that group but had a great time anyways, other groups there were very welcoming and we met great people.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was asked to create a group just for Hedo trips by a group of Fantasy Fest veterans and we have now grown every year and June 16-23, 2018 is the Krewe de Krazy Life's 12th Annual Group trip adventure.

Those in the group realize the cost savings, the fun both in and out of the group and the camraderie make it the most fun you can have in and out of clothes and costumes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast