Thread: First time to Hedo in May

First time to Hedo in May

Hi my wife and I will be at Hedo for first time in May . We have been in Desire pearl last year and we really enjoyed it. We are not in LS but we still had lots of fun. How long is the ride from airport and has anybody used club mobay. What exactly is it and is it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    Hi my wife and I will be at Hedo for first time in May . We have been in Desire pearl last year and we really enjoyed it. We are not in LS but we still had lots of fun. How long is the ride from airport and has anybody used club mobay. What exactly is it and is it worth it.
    We take a private cab through Rocky's Taxi & Tour Service based out of Negril & it usually takes an hour & a half. We also use Club Mobay to get through the lines a lot quicker. Well worth it to us. We didn't use it the first time & we were not out of the airport until more than an hour later. Club Mobay 20 min. & in our cab with another cold drink.

Yes, Club MoBay is exactly that - it lets you bypass all the customs lines. It's very helpful upon arrival if several flights are arriving around the same time. Sometimes it's worth it - other times it's not because the lines aren't that long - but for us it's an insurance and peace of mind thing. We aren't risking spending hours in customs cues at the beginning of our trip. After they walk you through customs, then they bring you to a quick little lounge & get you drinks while someone goes & checks on your transportation. We are rarely in the lounge more than enough time to use the restroom & take the first few sips from our drink (which you can take with you) before we are told transportation is ready for us. I don't think we've ever actually had time to grab the free snacks they have there either...Lol. On departure - it's the same...you bypass the lines at security/customs and go through a special much shorter line. Then there is a big really nice lounge with food & drinks, showers, televisions, a spa, etc. for you to wait in & use on your way home. Overall - we highly recommend it - even if it's sometimes not necessary...a craps shoot - but it is ALWAYS worth every penny for the peace of mind and the reduced 'rushing' we feel at the airport on both ends.
    Release your inhibitions, Feel the rain on your skin.....

Upcoming Trips:
    H2 Nov 4-14, 2020

Past Trips:
    13 trips to H2 (Mar '10, Jul '11, May '12, Jan '14, May '14, Jan '15, Jul '15, Jan '16, Jul '16, Jan '17, Oct '17, Jan '18, Jan 19)
    9 trips to H3
    Freedom of Seas Cruise (Nov '13)
    Desire Los Cobos (March '13)
    Copa Cabana Desire - Costa Rica (August '10)
    3 trips to Temptations (October '09, '10, '11)
    Spice - Lanzarote, Spain (April '15)

We did not use Club Mobay and are glad we did not. We kind of enjoyed waiting in the customs line and people watching. Our game was to try to figure out who else in line we would see at Hedo. We used Rocky’s taxi service and it was a breeze. They were waiting for us right outside. We used them for the return as well. This coming trip we booked with a group and transportation was included in our group rate.

Quote Originally Posted by NCcouple43 View Post
    We did not use Club Mobay and are glad we did not. We kind of enjoyed waiting in the customs line and people watching. Our game was to try to figure out who else in line we would see at Hedo. We used Rocky’s taxi service and it was a breeze. They were waiting for us right outside. We used them for the return as well. This coming trip we booked with a group and transportation was included in our group rate.
    We suck at the guess a Hedo guest game. After our first trip I Just want to get nekid as soon as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by djgoose View Post
    We suck at the guess a Hedo guest game. After our first trip I Just want to get nekid as soon as possible!

Lol...we play that same game, while waiting for our flights and also in the customs line...win some lose some..lol

Glad to know others play that game too! We've never used Club Mobay but I suppose we've been lucky because lines have always been short. Instead, we spend that money on getting couples massages at the resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Davenrose View Post
    Lol...we play that same game, while waiting for our flights and also in the customs line...win some lose some..lol
    1 couple out of 5 trips is bad. We'll let you know how many we guess right this trip lol!

We did'nt use Club Mobay and also played the game guess whos going to Hedo and we sucked at that game
    Do highly recommend using Rocky offers a great service