Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All inclusive? As in alcohol?

My wife and I enjoy drinking and thought we would be drinking nonstop the whole week. We found that we had more fun in moderation. I cannot believe I am saying that.

Our schedule had us begin drinking around 3pm. Head to the nude pool and get a nice easy afternoon buzz....enough to relax and make friends. Go shower and relax before dinner and get our theme night outfits all set. Water throughout any downtime not drinking.

Dinner we would begin again, but we would tail off around 11pm. Water at the hot tub, a little pizza after midnight...sobering up and head to the playroom.

Never once were we hungover. We did eat a lot of salad and fruits. Also took advantage of all the water bottle coolers on site.

I really did not see anyone blasted out of their mind that week. I did see one person dancing up on a wall drunk, but a nice guest helped her down, distracted her and kept her safe.

Love this resort!

Yes - it's all included. But, don't make the rookie mistake of trying to drink the bar dry just because "you don't have to pay for it".

We bought one of the large, insulated mugs at the Hedo gift shop and take it along specifically to keep filled with ice water, which is available at the bar or at the drink kiosk behind the nude hot tub.

Make a specific effort to stay hydrated throughout the day by alternating water and alcohol drinks or you will find yourself missing part of your vacation and part of the fun.

Why get totally shitfaced on vacation and lose control?

A short story about the perils of not drinking water from one of my previous trip reports...

Drink the Water…Please!
    One lady from our particular group became very ill and was bedridden for a couple of days and could not keep anything down. Apparently she had been drinking straight liquor and despite continuous warnings to drink water, she did not. Her condition was so bad that a doctor had to be called to the resort. Because she could not keep anything down they had to give her two IVs to hydrate her. The doctor's itemized bill came to $1800 US…and they wanted cash! This is not a rumour as her husband told us this directly. Unfortunately, this was the day we had to leave so we trust that she did recover.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    It is the number one beer in Jamaica. If you had Red Strip in the US, it isn't the same as what you get on tap in Jamaica.
    OK I'm willing to give it another chance.I'm easy. I do remember it being in the class of Schmidts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12