Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maxim Article vs. Newbies' Expectations

As stated above, Hedo is what you make it.
    We have had the most romantic times in our lives at Hedo, just my sexy kitten and I.
    We have had the most buck wild swinger times at Hedo (7 people on an outdoor bed).
    And everything in between. You can find quiet time, you can find party time, you can do what you want as much or as little.

Our first trip we did tons of research, it was to H3. So we kind of new what to expect.
    What you can't know until you go is the feeling you get there. The freedom, to be nude, to dress in costumes, to do what you want.

As a cop I always caution to use common sense like traveling anywhere. Do bad things happen, sure, just not that often.
    Can you have a bad experience, you sure can. Hopefully it does not and probably wont.
    I have had to educated a couple guys over the years, but not too often.

I can tell you this you can make friends quick and others will also keep an eye on you if there is a problem, were a big family.
    No matter your size, your background, your occupation, no one cares.
    Were all Hedo folks and we take care of each other.

I have never felt that anywhere but Hedo. And you can't explain it in words.
    Hence the phrase "once you go, you know"

I have also seen people complain, some people like to complain.
    I have also seen legitimate complaints, had a few myself, with the old water system, hot water, etc. Got bumped to resort next door on NYE.
    But I never let that ruin my vacation.

But I for sure want you to post after you get home with your views. I always love to hear from newbies after they get back. Usually in involves already planning the next trip, lol.
    Enjoy your vacation.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

P.S. If you put your dates next month you can get to know people that will be there at the same time as you.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Best part of that article was the Tire advertisement mid page...

Hey all - we were there in late January - and there was a group of 5 women two nights in the Piano Bar - they clung together and didn't speak to anyone (I have a feeling it was probably this group because the article is dated in February)...they were all wearing veils both nights and totally stood out like sore thumbs. They were all on their phones CONSTANTLY - which told me right away they were not real 'Hedo People' - no one is on their phone at Hedo that much. I did get really annoyed because one girl kept taking pictures of everything and everyone. Not all people are open about their stay at Hedo and it really felt like an invasion of privacy to think someone hanging out in the piano bar at Hedo could be outed on social media like that. Most people are so respectful and careful with their use of cameras - and know photos with other guests in them without their consent is a huge Hedo 'No-No'. I think they were truly there only for the (Please read this in a whiny, instagrammy, show-offy, spoiled princess voice ) 'Oh my gosh - how wild are we that we went to Hedo for a bachelorette party?!' reactions from their friends. It actually really made me so angry - they were not Hedo people, they were judgy and not openminded. At one point after a few too many vodka diets, I encountered them all in the bathrooms by the piano bar...Now I think it is important to note, that I am normally a very happy non-confrontational person in general. Lol...anyway - They were in there forever taking selfies, posing in the mirrors, giggling, and 'oh my god did you see what she was wearing' talking...I came out of my stall after listening to it non-stop while I was doing my business and muttered under my breath 'God Damnit - just freaking go to Sandals.' They heard me - because their giggles stopped and their phones went to their sides. I washed my hands - looked at them all still silently staring at me as I walked out and just said 'You ladies have a good night' in the most unfriendly and brush-offy voice I could muster. I giggled as soon as I was out of earshot. And I am sure I was the topic of the next round of gossip - but I didn't care in the least. ....and PS - they left the Piano bar shortly after that....Mission Accomplished.
    Last edited by lovin_life; 03-21-2018 at 07:20 PM.
    Release your inhibitions, Feel the rain on your skin.....

Upcoming Trips:
    H2 Nov 4-14, 2020

Past Trips:
    13 trips to H2 (Mar '10, Jul '11, May '12, Jan '14, May '14, Jan '15, Jul '15, Jan '16, Jul '16, Jan '17, Oct '17, Jan '18, Jan 19)
    9 trips to H3
    Freedom of Seas Cruise (Nov '13)
    Desire Los Cobos (March '13)
    Copa Cabana Desire - Costa Rica (August '10)
    3 trips to Temptations (October '09, '10, '11)
    Spice - Lanzarote, Spain (April '15)

Yup I remember them too!!!! Lovin life and other parties in our group were very annoyed with them. I asked the bride how her husband to be felt about her being there and she said in a snobby millennial voice that he was not happy about it but I can do what I want to do. I said to my hubby wow that marriage is destined for doom lol!

Have a blast and do not go by that article.

Blog Entries
    P.S... great way to handle those girls. Perfect... They deserved every bit of it....

Just googling Maxam subscription and reading reviews, Maxam has lost 60% of their subscription base in the past few years. Biggest complaint, it has become a GQ style magazine. Not really a mens magazine anymore. They are also struggling (50 million loss and counting). I am sure they can't pay thus don't attract the best journalism talent. You can read her other fluff articles and twitter feeds. You will get a clear picture on this Millennial Manhattan social-lite. Just consider the source of this article. You will love Hedo.
    Last edited by cahhhoo; 03-22-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMorgan View Post
    the drug dealers do not make deals on the beach itself, they are only able to walk along the water line and security often follows them, if they step on the property security runs them off, if you are interested the dealer will direct you to a place outside the property line
    That is not really accurate from our very direct experience. Plenty of deals on the beach, completely with a reasonable level of discretion but nothing crazy.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

Blog Entries
    Very good. certainly gives us newbies a good insight. thanks

Hedo is what YOU want it to be!

Just my two cents' worth...Hedo is exactly what YOU want it to be, just as everyone else on this thread has said. I started to read the Maxim article and was so disgusted by it, I stopped 1/3 of the way through. Those girls were not a true depiction of the people that call Hedo "Home". We've been there 3 times and will be going back over New Year's. My husband and I like that we can be private or wild & crazy while we're there. The people are the nicest people...how can you be judgmental with a group that practices respect and genuine joy at getting to know people from all walks of life? Go see for yourself! You'll have fun and wonder what all your doubts were for....because that's what happened to us!

Hey Guys! We returned from our Newbie trip March 9! (we are early 40s - young at heart for sure)
    I certainly can appreciate your concern after reading this article in Maxim. It does paint a picture of this resort that is less appealing than other sites, blogs, and reviews. We also did a plethora of reading and research after we booked our trip - however we booked our trip once we were feeling secure and "all in" for a new experience. We are comfortable with nudity, our and others, and we are not judgemental people. We are not all in in terms of the Lifestyle, and we respect and appreciate that others are - all in. This article did not turn me off from Hedo - it turned me off from the writer/author. I can't say one way or the other if I would have been "concerned' by it or not if I had read it prior to our trip as I read it after, but I can say that her vibe set its own limitations for me regarding my image of her.
    From my take on this article, it's quite a "one sided" perspective of someone who wasn't prepared for Hedo (and probably never would be) and 2) already appears to not have the characteristics of someone who is not Hedo material. She comes across as judgemental, ageist, blatantly ignorant, and close-minded. These qualities don't mesh well with the Vibe at Hedo.
    Our experience at Hedo as a happily married couple was that we were welcomed from the moment we arrived at the resort. The check in, the bell hop, the staff, the guests, - by the time we reached our room - we had nothing but a welcome feeling. With little experience to the nude beach we went all in within 45 min of arriving and didn't look back. We met some wonderful people and friends who we think will be friends for life. We met older couples who are repeat guests - who are just the loveliest people. From our experience, we were not "approached" in any way that made us uncomfortable, we enjoyed all the visually beautiful stimulation, we played in the romping room just together as a couple, and have never felt closer in our relationship. The vibes, the entertainment staff is top notch, and all the staff are the best I have met at any resort and they are always looking out for you. For us, participating in the Theme nights was key and we did that as a couple and had a blast. We would make sure to mingle at the piano bar and that is where we met some wonderful people. Have a great time!!
    Last edited by OntarioCpl; 03-22-2018 at 09:27 PM.
    -------

First time Hedo, March 2-9, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
    The one photo that I know is NOT a model, is the pic in front of the Nude sign! That is me in the pic!
    I love that picture. And by the way, you look better than the models. You should be receiving royalties for that pic!
    Couples, San Souci- August, 2016
    Hedo II - August, 2017
    Couples, Negril- August, 2018 including 2 day passes to Hedo

It's tough to imagine better reassurance than all these thoughtful responses in support of what you all have found to be a special place filled with with great people - and we hope to experience the same soon. I (the male half of the couple) had to laugh at myself when I read Cop's note about adding our dates. I wanted to include but couldn't bring myself to do it, just not quite ready to anonymously admit to the interwebs that we were actually going, haha. And it's fair to say between the two of us, I'm way more excited for this adventure. We'll be the super awkward couple trying to figure out what we're doing from 4/28 to 5/2

Quote Originally Posted by KCandMsL View Post
    We'll be the super awkward couple trying to figure out what we're doing from 4/28 to 5/2
    Yay! You took the leap of faith! Enjoy this planning, slightly nervous stage...it's part of the fun that you'll remember fondly as you look back whilst preparing for your 10th trip sometime down the road. I cannot wait to hear your thoughts after your virgin trip - please consider writing a trip report when you get back to let us all know how it went!
    Last edited by lovin_life; 03-24-2018 at 07:08 AM.
    Release your inhibitions, Feel the rain on your skin.....

Upcoming Trips:
    H2 Nov 4-14, 2020

Past Trips:
    13 trips to H2 (Mar '10, Jul '11, May '12, Jan '14, May '14, Jan '15, Jul '15, Jan '16, Jul '16, Jan '17, Oct '17, Jan '18, Jan 19)
    9 trips to H3
    Freedom of Seas Cruise (Nov '13)
    Desire Los Cobos (March '13)
    Copa Cabana Desire - Costa Rica (August '10)
    3 trips to Temptations (October '09, '10, '11)
    Spice - Lanzarote, Spain (April '15)

Quote Originally Posted by lovin_life View Post
    Yay! You took the leap of faith! Enjoy this planning, slightly nervous stage...it's part of the fun that you'll remember fondly as you look back whilst preparing for your 10th trip sometime down the road. I cannot wait to hear your thoughts after your virgin trip - please consider writing a trip report when you get back to let us all know how it went!
    This is 100% what I think too. Always remember our first trip. We were not in the lifestyle, never been naked in front of people...totally scared. 10 minutes on the nude beach with some coconut rum and pineapple juice and life has never been the same since. Please do consider sharing your experiences with us here when you return from the best trip EVER!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast