Thread: Haven't been home in a couple of years...

Haven't been home in a couple of years...

Planning to take a new lady to Hedo, Kristy, who is very excited to go. Almost as excited as I am, lol.

I know that the pool is now heated, I assume they're continuing to remodel the rooms throughout the resort. Are there any other changes to expect?
    When there last they were enforcing a no smoking area around the pool. Is that still in effect? How about PDAs?
    Thanks for the info up front!

The no smoking around the pools is enforced, and most people don't mind it at all. PDA's is a hit-and-miss. But as long as it is around the pool area you're good, on the beach they may say something.

The "prude" pool is also heated. Not sure when you last went but the dining room, courtyard, main pool area, Disco, Prude Grill and a lot of the rooms have been updated (not all rooms yet). What else would you like to know? Ask away.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

The no smoking around pools is prohibited by Jamaican Health laws, so management is just conforming to the laws.

We are exactly the same. We haven't gone in 2 years and will be back in early June. To say we are excited is an understatement. Last time we were there I think the only real change we noticed was the bathrooms at the nude pool were updated. So glad to hear about the pools being heated because I love at night to go have a nightcap and a swim. I'm curious about the main dining room. I remember before that it was incredibly hot with little help from the few working ceiling fans and grew to pick out my theme night outfits around what would keep me the coolest honestly. Has that improved at all? Also... is there a new restaurant down at the beach? If I remember correctly before on the prude side it was just a hamburger grill but very bare bones. From the pictures it appears that this is now similar to Pastafari and a step up.... like a nice place for dinner if you want something different. Any other changes we might notice coming back after 2 years? Hopefully Winston is still there.... love that guy!!!

Blog Entries
    They have really upgraded the Nude pool restaurant, put shade umbrellas in the nude pool, resurfaced the nude bool bar, the grill for late night is now closed and you get your food at Flame down on the beach now and it is way better for late night food.
    Dave and Claire

Quote Originally Posted by sunandfun View Post
    We are exactly the same. We haven't gone in 2 years and will be back in early June. To say we are excited is an understatement. Last time we were there I think the only real change we noticed was the bathrooms at the nude pool were updated. So glad to hear about the pools being heated because I love at night to go have a nightcap and a swim. I'm curious about the main dining room. I remember before that it was incredibly hot with little help from the few working ceiling fans and grew to pick out my theme night outfits around what would keep me the coolest honestly. Has that improved at all? Also... is there a new restaurant down at the beach? If I remember correctly before on the prude side it was just a hamburger grill but very bare bones. From the pictures it appears that this is now similar to Pastafari and a step up.... like a nice place for dinner if you want something different. Any other changes we might notice coming back after 2 years? Hopefully Winston is still there.... love that guy!!!
    Dining room is nice now with more ceiling fans and at times (especially if you sit toward the back by the lobby) it has a nice breeze. The Prude grill turned into the night restaurant, which is a grill and excellent food. Winston is still there as well, he is great. Lots of great changes.

www.noodbrood.com

Quote Originally Posted by D and C View Post
    They have really upgraded the Nude pool restaurant, put shade umbrellas in the nude pool, resurfaced the nude bool bar, the grill for late night is now closed and you get your food at Flame down on the beach now and it is way better for late night food.
    Wait, no more late night pizza at the nude pool grill?
    When did that start?
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Wait, no more late night pizza at the nude pool grill?
    When did that start?
    Cop..
    I was just there in February and the pizza was still at the nude grill. You can also get food at Flame (prude grill) late night.

www.noodbrood.com

Quote Originally Posted by JayNSteph View Post
    I was just there in February and the pizza was still at the nude grill. You can also get food at Flame (prude grill) late night.
    Same as about a year ago. A better way to say it would be that the midnight buffet moved to Flame(from the main dining room) - aka Prude Beach Grill (or Scotch Bonnet going back a ways).

Quote Originally Posted by JayNSteph View Post
    The no smoking around the pools is enforced, and most people don't mind it at all.
    I wish the no smoking around the pools was enforced when we were there a couple of months ago. At the main pool, people were smoking at the tables and chairs behind the stage in the evenings. There were also several smoking around the nude grotto pool and hot tub and one night there was even a couple smoking in the hot tub.