Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: question about pool chairs

I don't mind early "squaters" so long as you actually have intention to use the chair. If no one has been at a chair for awhile when I need a place to sit, I'm more than comfortable sitting there. I'll usually move their towel (and back again) so I don't get it wet, but seating space is limited.

Some of these posts are misleading. Many people who get up and put there stuff on a chair use that chair throughout the day. Granted there are probably some who don't but most do. It doesn't mean we're glued to the chair. We setup on the beach and sometimes go to the pool for an hour to socialize and back to the beach, lunch and then back to the beach, an hour of tennis or boating and back to the beach. I don't think you need to be glued to a chair all day long for it to be fair to leave your stuff there. If you're not using it throughout the day, I can see the complaints but otherwise...live & let live. I wouldn't move someone's stuff on vacation.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

Quote Originally Posted by happy2us View Post
    Some of these posts are misleading. Many people who get up and put there stuff on a chair use that chair throughout the day. Granted there are probably some who don't but most do. It doesn't mean we're glued to the chair. We setup on the beach and sometimes go to the pool for an hour to socialize and back to the beach, lunch and then back to the beach, an hour of tennis or boating and back to the beach. I don't think you need to be glued to a chair all day long for it to be fair to leave your stuff there. If you're not using it throughout the day, I can see the complaints but otherwise...live & let live. I wouldn't move someone's stuff on vacation.
    i agree with u .we do the same thing.and we wouldn't move anybodies stuff either.and not sure how I would react to wife servicing hubby and friends on my stuff either

Absolutely agree. Wife likes to float at the beach and I like to sit under nice shade and read/relax. We use the chairs all day, by that I mean we enjoy the pool, bar, room for a quicky, etc. and leave the chairs maybe even for over an hour or so at times but always return to our beach chairs through out the day. We are the ones getting up early and first thing putting a towel and belongings on the chairs we want for the day.

We twice had incidents where someone took our chairs within 5 visits to hedo. Both times we had towels, backpacks and book/magazine, etc. on them. On one of those times the couple got up and apologized and said they were just resting under shade. No issues, we talked for a bit, nice people. No harm. The other were douche bags. They laid our stuff on the sand, acted like we were not there when we walked up. We had not been gone for more than 25 minutes as we were buying ear drops at the gift shop and batteries. When we asked about our chairs upon our return, they said our stuff was on the sand when they walked up. The lady next to us who had been there since the morning with us called them out and said they put the stuff on the sand and took our chairs. (she should have said something to them originally but I'm sure she was avoiding an issue with obvious ass wipes)The couple then said they had seen the chairs empty all day and assumed we had left and forgotten about them. Needless to say, with all due respect and proper tone, I asked them to get the fuck off of our chairs and to do so quickly. They did and for the next 4 days eye contact with them was a bit awkward. Point is, don't be a dick. You want chairs.... get up early and reserve them or have the butler, pool guy, etc. save them for you or settle for what is left or petition the resort to implement rules to not save chairs and then get there early and lay your stuff down as that would end up being the end result anyway. With that said, reserving beach chairs AND pool chairs would be a bit dickish as well. Just saying. Pick one area and have common sense, there is only so many chairs and areas to enjoy through out the day for the guests.

Quote Originally Posted by misbehaving View Post
    Pool chairs are a must for us. Guess I'll get up early. Hate doing that crap on Vacation!!
    It is often considered to be really bad manners to 'reserve' a lounger for yourself and not use it for hours. It also goes against the Hedo ethic of 'respect'. Here's a thought: if you are an early bird and want to use a lounger before breakfast, then do so, but vacate so others can use the lounger while you go for breakfast, a dive, a trip etc. No reason why polite people should have to sit on the sand or line up (take a number please), while others take their breakfast, or a long morning shower etc. Hedo's about sharing.

Been stated before: sometimes objects used to 'reserve' a prime location lounger have been turned into 'lost & found' -- been abandoned for an hour. Other stuff has been found in garbage cans and even the ocean.

Respect goes a long way. So does sharing.

PNK

I'm not talking about beach lounge chairs. Pool side seating is minimal. I'd never sit on anyone's stuff and "service someone". Even by nudist's standards it's considered offensive to sit on anyone else's stuff while naked, I've actually never noticed that happen. I typically sit in the shade in the pool the majority of the afternoon, so it's pretty obvious who just claims a spot for the sake of a claim and who actually uses a chair. I wouldn't sit on their belongings or on their towel. I'd simply fold it back. Sit down for about 15 minutes and go back to what I was doing. It's obvious when they simply went to the bathroom. or to get a drink. But gone most of the day? Yah, not many places to sit. If you need to simply put your stuff somewhere, there's plenty of options other than laying out your towel for the day and then occupying it for an hour or two.

And yes, respect is always important at hedo and sharing is caring!
    Last edited by magjoy; 02-19-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Well said magjoy. I also like the shady spot so we will see you in the pool. If you need a spot on the beach we will share a chair there also. The wife is a EARLY riser so she nabs one for me.

My lily white irish ass needs the shade! You'll usually find me there between 1 & 3 when the sun is the most brutal. *With the rest of us pastey peeps.
    Looking forward to see you guys, very nice of the wife to get out and save you a spot. While I might be up early, doesn't mean I'll be chipper before 3 cups of coffee, haha

Blog Entries
    Lol Lilly white. Same here on the Irish. I look like a piece of bacon if I don't put sp 5 million on

Us pasty peeps usually share the little bit of shade in the peak burn hours. I arrive with a base tan and come home with out it, hahaha!

Bottom line, no one should be able to reserve or holda chair. Most chairs remain unused by the pool all day.

Quote Originally Posted by PNK View Post
    It is often considered to be really bad manners to 'reserve' a lounger for yourself and not use it for hours. It also goes against the Hedo ethic of 'respect'. Here's a thought: if you are an early bird and want to use a lounger before breakfast, then do so, but vacate so others can use the lounger while you go for breakfast, a dive, a trip etc. No reason why polite people should have to sit on the sand or line up (take a number please), while others take their breakfast, or a long morning shower etc. Hedo's about sharing.

Been stated before: sometimes objects used to 'reserve' a prime location lounger have been turned into 'lost & found' -- been abandoned for an hour. Other stuff has been found in garbage cans and even the ocean.

Respect goes a long way. So does sharing.

PNK
    You are perfectly right. Few years ago I have had a little problem with some folks about that "reserving" chairs .Was a couple with 4 of them on sun, of course with flouting beds on ,4 more on shade unde umbrella becouse they wasn't sure where they would like to stay on afternoon. So there was 8 flouting beds for nothing's and people was waiting for them. Gess what? I got 4 of them and throw them in the water. He didn't talk with us few days but everyone was on my side. Hedo is the place to share.
    Next Hedo April 19in to 25th 2019
    SLS bamse001

Registered User cnjcpl4whatever's Avatar
    I have always understood how people feel to see a chair marked and never used that does suck. I am a early riser and I do mark two chairs by the pool, my wife is usually there at 10:30 and me not far behind but we spend all day there. We have never had a problem and have made friends by letting people put there personal belongings.
    RESPECT EVERYTIME
    ALL THE TIME,
    JOHN & TERRY
    April 17th to 29rd 2023 Trip 18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12