Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State of emergency??

Thanks @FoxandhisVixen

That pic outlines the parish I was meaning would be interesting to see a dot within the parish as to where the infighting is.
    When are you guys planning to go?
    Hedo 1st Timers December 2016
    Hedo - August 19-26 2017
    Hedo - January 27-February 1 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Fitprincessk View Post
    Thanks @FoxandhisVixen

That pic outlines the parish I was meaning would be interesting to see a dot within the parish as to where the infighting is.
    When are you guys planning to go?

The SOE encompasses the whole parish... from the reading I’ve done, the violence does extend further but the check points are stationed at the boundaries of that area and the military presence is only within it. We are scheduled to go at the end of March. We’re not making changes to our travel plans for now but will definitely continue to monitor the news and read people’s reports when they come back. If things stay as is I can’t see it affecting our plans.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxandhisVixen View Post
    The SOE encompasses the whole parish... from the reading I’ve done, the violence does extend further but the check points are stationed at the boundaries of that area and the military presence is only within it. We are scheduled to go at the end of March. We’re not making changes to our travel plans for now but will definitely continue to monitor the news and read people’s reports when they come back. If things stay as is I can’t see it affecting our plans.
    Smart plan!
    I figure to hear from our friend today who works at Hedo. We missed a couple of calls from him yesterday. I'll try to get some info from him. I'm curious more than anything (I'm an information junkie).
    I do know those that have traveled the past few days have said they haven't noticed anything different.

Still safer than Mexico! Lol
    Hedo - August 19-26 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Fitprincessk View Post
    Smart plan!
    I figure to hear from our friend today who works at Hedo. We missed a couple of calls from him yesterday. I'll try to get some info from him. I'm curious more than anything (I'm an information junkie).
    I do know those that have traveled the past few days have said they haven't noticed anything different.

Still safer than Mexico! Lol
    Guilty of being an information junkie here too. Please do let us know what news your friend has. I’m generally gathering that unless you are in the “downtown” area of Montego Bay and/or St. James parish it’s just business as usual.
    Definitely safer than Mexico. And by all accounts, safer in Jamaica now than it was a week ago

Quote Originally Posted by FoxandhisVixen View Post
    Guilty of being an information junkie here too. Please do let us know what news your friend has. I’m generally gathering that unless you are in the “downtown” area of Montego Bay and/or St. James parish it’s just business as usual.
    Definitely safer than Mexico. And by all accounts, safer in Jamaica now than it was a week ago
    I will for sure!! I am gathering the same thing.

And yes, exactly!! Booking Jan 27-Feb1 as we speak.
    Hedo - August 19-26 2017

From the US State Dept...granted...I'm sure other countries post things like this especially in Chicago and other major U.S. cities as we have some neighborhoods no one would want to accidentally wander it to as well. .

The Department of State has launched new Travel Advisories and Alerts to make it easier for U.S. citizens to access clear, timely, and reliable safety and security information about every country in the world. For more details and FAQs about our Travel Advisories and Alerts, please see travel.state.gov/travelsafely. You are receiving this because you are enrolled in our Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). You do not need to take further action to continue receiving these updates. Before any travel abroad, we encourage you to check our safety and security information for your destination at travel.state.gov/destination.

Jamaica, Level 2: Exercise increased caution

Exercise increased caution in Jamaica due to crime. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.

Do not travel to:

Some areas of Kingston due to crime.
    Some areas of Montego Bay due to crime.
    Spanish Town due to crime.
    Violent crime, such as home invasions, armed robberies, and homicide, is common. Sexual assaults occur frequently, even at all-inclusive resorts. Local police lack the resources to respond effectively to serious criminal incidents.U.S. government personnel are prohibited from driving outside of Kingston at night.

Read the Safety and Security section on thecountry information page.

If you decide to travel to Jamaica:

Avoid walking or driving at night.
    Avoid public buses.
    Avoid secluded places or situations, even in resorts.
    Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
    Be aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
    Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
    Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
    Review the Crime and Safety Report for Jamaica.
    U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler¿s Checklist.
    Kingston

Violence and shootings occur regularly in some areas of Kingston. U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling to the following areas: downtown Kingston, which is defined as the areas between Mountain View Avenue and Hagley Park Road, and south of Half Way Tree and Old Hope Roads, and includes Trench Town, Tivoli Gardens, and Arnett Gardens; Standpipe, Grants Pen, and Cassava Piece.

Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas.

Montego Bay

Violence and shootings occur regularly in some areas of Montego Bay. U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling to the following areas: Flankers, Canterbury, Norwood, Rose Heights, Clavers Street, and Hart Street.

Spanish Town

Violence and shootings occur regularly.U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling to Spanish Town.

Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas
    Trip #12 - September 2023 with the Seamore's Misfits.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ and DA View Post
    From the US State Dept...granted...I'm sure other countries post things like this especially in Chicago and other major U.S. cities as we have some neighborhoods no one would want to accidentally wander it to as well. .

The Department of State has launched new Travel Advisories and Alerts to make it easier for U.S. citizens to access clear, timely, and reliable safety and security information about every country in the world. For more details and FAQs about our Travel Advisories and Alerts, please see travel.state.gov/travelsafely. You are receiving this because you are enrolled in our Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). You do not need to take further action to continue receiving these updates. Before any travel abroad, we encourage you to check our safety and security information for your destination at travel.state.gov/destination.

Jamaica, Level 2: Exercise increased caution

Exercise increased caution in Jamaica due to crime. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.

Do not travel to:

Some areas of Kingston due to crime.
    Some areas of Montego Bay due to crime.
    Spanish Town due to crime.
    Violent crime, such as home invasions, armed robberies, and homicide, is common. Sexual assaults occur frequently, even at all-inclusive resorts. Local police lack the resources to respond effectively to serious criminal incidents.U.S. government personnel are prohibited from driving outside of Kingston at night.

Read the Safety and Security section on thecountry information page.

If you decide to travel to Jamaica:

Avoid walking or driving at night.
    Avoid public buses.
    Avoid secluded places or situations, even in resorts.
    Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
    Be aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
    Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
    Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
    Review the Crime and Safety Report for Jamaica.
    U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler¿s Checklist.
    Kingston

Violence and shootings occur regularly in some areas of Kingston. U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling to the following areas: downtown Kingston, which is defined as the areas between Mountain View Avenue and Hagley Park Road, and south of Half Way Tree and Old Hope Roads, and includes Trench Town, Tivoli Gardens, and Arnett Gardens; Standpipe, Grants Pen, and Cassava Piece.

Montego Bay

Violence and shootings occur regularly in some areas of Montego Bay. U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling to the following areas: Flankers, Canterbury, Norwood, Rose Heights, Clavers Street, and Hart Street.

Spanish Town

Violence and shootings occur regularly.U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling to Spanish Town.

Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas
    Arrived at Hedo today. Travel time was a little less than normal, not much traffic. Didn't notice anything different in Montego Bay. There was a police checkpoint about half way to Lucea, they just waived the shuttle through.

FOR Safety reasons, it is probably best to stay in your hotel and make out like bunnies!! just to be safe!!

Not close ti the airport? There was 2 shootings at the round about recently.
    Hedo II July 14-19 2018
    Hedo II July 11th-16th 2015 with Fluffs
    Hedo II Dec. 12th-17th 2014
    Hedo II Jul. 19th-24th 2014 with LoveVoodoo
    Hedo II Nov. 21st-26th 2013
    Hedo II Apr. 4th-10th 2013
    Hedo II First Timing.....Aug.16th-22nd 2012
    Hedo 3 was great while it lasted, we'll always miss her!
    2nd trip to 3 08/06-08/10/2010 for our last party!
    Hedo 3 first timers 04/08-04/12/10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12