Thread: Upcoming first time single

Upcoming first time single

Contemplating going to Hedonism for 1st time as (recently) single 50+ male next month. In good shape, would enjoy some fun and interaction as well as relaxation. Welcome any input / stories to shed some light on going as single guy.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mediagem View Post
    Contemplating going to Hedonism for 1st time as (recently) single 50+ male next month. In good shape, would enjoy some fun and interaction as well as relaxation. Welcome any input / stories to shed some light on going as single guy.
    Hi there and a great frequently-asked question about singles going to Hedonism resort:

I’m really no expert as I have only been to Hedo 13 times but I’ll try to answer your question the best I can based FAQ's I have answered in the past based on my knowledge and experiences there.

1) Are single men welcome/able to partake in the social interactions or are single men frowned upon generally?

1. Yes, singles are allowed at Hedo (unlike other resorts) and are even allowed in the Romp (Play) room at night if invited by a couple.

However, not all groups are open to singles (unless it is single ladies).

My group, the Krewe de Krazy Life, is one of those that does allow and encourage singles (male and female) because we adopt the same attitudes and openness of Fantasy Fest in Key West of which several Krewe members are part of. One of the mottos of Fantasy Fest is "One Human Family"

Singles that come to Hedo as singles are looked upon by some as completely different than singles attached to and booked thru groups. I have consistently had singles in my group since our 1st Hedo Group Trip in 2005 and because they are seen with me and the Krewe, and are identified as being with us with their distinctive Krewe beaded name necklace and room-key corded wristlet, they are already considered “cool and safe” by other guests and are included in all the activities of the group. Single guys that either don’t socialize and just hang out and watch are often not looked upon favorably. Same goes for those singles that grab onto or insert themselves into situations or activities that they were not invited to. I have had as many as 4 single girls and 5 single guys in previous groups and singles often gravitate towards other singles but being in a group seems to create an instant connection and a source of identifying with each other.

Last June at our 11th Annual Group Trip, I had one single female and 4 single males and 3 have already signed up again for June 2018 and they have told me they really enjoyed their time. Singles that exhibit respect, courtesy, willingness to help, participating in the various Hedo events like theme nights etc, seem to really enjoy their experience more at Hedo.

2) What is the average age of the singles at Hedo?

2. Average age at Hedo varies week to week based on what groups dominate the resort in numbers.

I’d say the past few years at Hedo with both my group and resort in general with the other groups, that the average age range of singles is 30-60. This past June I saw quite a few 20-somethings but they mostly stayed on the clothing optional (prude) side while the majority of the people were on the nude side and there were people there from 30-70+ and some of those interesting people have been coming to Hedo for 35 years.

Also, age is basically irrelevant at Hedo. I have met both fascinating 20 somethings and incredible people in their 60’s and 70’s. Besides, no one acts their age at Hedo—even me! LOL

3) What is best time to go and how do singles book a trip to Hedo?

3. Best time to go? That all depends on you.

Many northern states and Canadians book in winter time as a good getaway to a warmer latitude. However, winter is HIGH season for rates, occupancy and airfares, etc. and the water temperatures may not be as pleasant although Hedo recently installed a pool heater for the nude pool. My group opted on June as a permanent time as kids are out of school, it is LOW season for rates and airfares and Hedo has been nearly full or sold out–and that has made Hedo more active and fun. Plus, June temperatures in both pools and Caribbean waters are perfect, the rainy season has really not started and the air temps/humidity are manageable thanks to the island breezes.

We also mesh very well with the other groups and, as we are the most veteran group at that time, we are included in many special events and activities if we wish to join them and we also reciprocate to the other groups as well.

And finally you can certainly book through me some travel groups and receive the various benefits from low group rates to participation in certain events.

Singles in the Krewe every June get the lowest rate possible (as a single, just like anywhere else, you have a single supplement fee with the all-inclusive room rate) and perks like our arranged private airport transfers (US$75 roundtrip per person), unique beaded name necklace, wristlet with Krewe medallion, our meet and greet party, all Krewe activities, and access to our Krewe Group Headquarters on the nude beach at our two (2) jacuzzi premium suites.

Singles can also book a room with another same sex single and then they both pay the lower room group rate.

Anyway, I hope that helps a little.

I also have a discussion forum topic about singles here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/hedonis...7651865603902/

Ann, The TravelSlut