Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow season..

Slow season..

Is is worth going in the slow season or wait? Weighing my options

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

LOL! When is slow season? I have gone in Feb.,June, August, and October! Every trip was awesome. Just pick the dates that are best for you, find a group that is going that week so that you get the group discount and enjoy your vacation!

If by "slow season" you mean when there is lower occupancy.... the easy answer is YES! No matter the occupancy, Hedo is always fun. There are advantages and disadvantages to both, of course. Here are a few I thought of off the top of my head:

High occupancy often means a higher level of partying, more people to get to know, there are often more groups who may have their own "extra" activities which are usually open to all, etc. If you like rowdy crowds, you will likely have a blast at the nude pool. (If you don't, the beach, esp. the clothing optional beach is always available.) I personally think the resort tends to pay more attention to things like having more food variety, more entertainment and activities, etc. when they are full.

Lower occupancy means things like a more laid back atmosphere (but still plenty to do and lots of friendly people). There are always tables available in the dining room and shady recliners available on the beach. The ECs are more laid back and, while this means they may skip some poolside games, it also means they are more likely to sit down on the beach with you, or in the dining room, and chat, etc.

As I say, pluses and minuses both ways. We have been many times at all levels of occupancy and have always had a wonderful time.

Laura
    P.S. Forgot to mention the obvious, that rates are lower during the summer and early fall.

One thing to consider currently if you are thinking about going during the slow season is Hedo does their improvement projects then so it is possible you might be inconvenienced by that. I dont know what else they are planning on doing but I'd consider the possibility of dealing with some construction.
    Hedonism, the Virgin Trip: March 21-28, 2015
    Hedonism, the Sequel: 3/16-3/26, 2016. Ten days this time around because more is always better.
    Hedonism, Part 3: 3/24-4/1 2017 Swing into Spring group
    Hedonism 2018: Taking the year off to pay some damn bills. DIF is horrible!:
    Hedonism IV: 3/22-3/30 2019 Twister's Swing Break. Let's do this! Can't wait to get back!
    Hedonism V: 3/24/23-4/1/23. Finally back home again!

SLS: HedoCpl62

If I wanted Hedo and slow season, I'd go to Desire Pearl. Hedo is best when Hedo is full! Then if you want a party, you can find one. If not, a quiet pool or beach is always down the way.
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip

We have only been during slow season and I must say it's awesome!!!
    You get to know people. The staff get to know you. No waiting for food or drinks.
    Does it lack in fun?! Not a chance!!!!
    Hedo 1st Timers December 2016
    Hedo - August 19-26 2017
    Hedo - January 27-February 1 2018

It also depends what you want from Hedo. When I was a swinger, I wanted a full Hedo for maximum eye candy to choose from! The more people at the resort, the more likely we were to find couples we clicked with.
    But, I am no longer a swinger, and I am bringing my eye candy with me! I am going to Hedo to enjoy spending an entire week making love to and relaxing with, my new husband, all over the resort. So having less people on site means no lines for meals, plenty of lounge chairs on the beach, floaties to use in the ocean and room at the swim up bar! It also means no lines for the tennis courts or for the water sports equipment and so on. There are still plenty of people during slow times that dress up for themes and to talk to at meals and other activities. It is not a ghost town at slow times. It is just not packed to the gills.
    For people new to Hedo/nude resorts/lifestyle, slow times might be a better way to "ease" into things. The party is still fun, just not quite at such a fevered pitch, if that makes sense.
    Of course, you CAN escape the party atmosphere any time of year by heading over to the clothing optional side.
    I say, look at what week works for you and your partner. Hedo will be awesome no matter when you go.. so don't fret about that part.
    Cowgirl

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
    It also depends what you want from Hedo. When I was a swinger, I wanted a full Hedo for maximum eye candy to choose from! The more people at the resort, the more likely we were to find couples we clicked with.
    But, I am no longer a swinger, and I am bringing my eye candy with me! I am going to Hedo to enjoy spending an entire week making love to and relaxing with, my new husband, all over the resort. So having less people on site means no lines for meals, plenty of lounge chairs on the beach, floaties to use in the ocean and room at the swim up bar! It also means no lines for the tennis courts or for the water sports equipment and so on. There are still plenty of people during slow times that dress up for themes and to talk to at meals and other activities. It is not a ghost town at slow times. It is just not packed to the gills.
    For people new to Hedo/nude resorts/lifestyle, slow times might be a better way to "ease" into things. The party is still fun, just not quite at such a fevered pitch, if that makes sense.
    Of course, you CAN escape the party atmosphere any time of year by heading over to the clothing optional side.
    I say, look at what week works for you and your partner. Hedo will be awesome no matter when you go.. so don't fret about that part.
    Cowgirl
    And if any newbies to Hedo are looking for a really great review - Search for @Cowgirl review!!! I had read it prior to our last trip and couldn't stop thinking about her Orgasm challenge!
    Hedo - August 19-26 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Fitprincessk View Post
    And if any newbies to Hedo are looking for a really great review - Search for @Cowgirl review!!! I had read it prior to our last trip and couldn't stop thinking about her Orgasm challenge!
    Awwww, that is so sweet! So glad you enjoyed the review and thank you for the compliment!
    In case anyone was wondering, my total orgasm count for 2017 was amazing! My Cowboy's original goal for the year was to give me 500 orgasms by the end of the year. I didn't think that was even possible! But we hit 500 by June, when we were at Hedo for our Honeymoon. He wanted to keep counting and we hit 1000 by Dec. 2nd. We took full advantage of my 2 weeks of vacation at Christmas, and final count on NYE, after a long night of lovemaking, was 1099 orgasms for me for the year!
    2017 was an incredible year! Not sure how we are going to top it this year!
    Cowgirl

When is considered the slow season?

Quote Originally Posted by MadlyInLuv View Post
    When is considered the slow season?
    Slow season is the week [I]after[I] you go home. The week you are there is always busy, fun, enjoyable etc. Next week you will not be there, so it will be relatively 'dead'. You make the week the way you want it to be, and everyone else joins in.

Of course, if there are too many self-centered groups (and you don't belong) then you might not feel like the center of attention. With fewer groups, you can be the lead groupey and many of your new friends can follow your lead.

In truth, there are few (if any) slow weeks. There are times the places is over 100% occupancy so people are housed next door. I'd hate that!

If occupancy is lower (say mid-September) the staff can work on painting and renovations without impacting your vacation. You can spend all your time on the beach, at the pool, round the bar ... And having the time of your life.

I'd go any time. We always have a great time. You will too.

PNK

Quote Originally Posted by happy2us View Post
    If I wanted Hedo and slow season, I'd go to Desire Pearl. Hedo is best when Hedo is full! Then if you want a party, you can find one. If not, a quiet pool or beach is always down the way.
    AMEN to that... the more the better! best for the vibe!

Blog Entries
    Are the people who attend during slow season more inhibited? Are PDAs still acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by clary1 View Post
    Are the people who attend during slow season more inhibited? Are PDAs still acceptable?
    We have been several times in September when it was really slow and we have been several times, when it was completely sold out, really we didn't observe any difference in inhibitions either time, PDA's abound in both the slow and busy times. I think we prefer it somewhere in between slow and sold out, but any chance we get to go....we go!!

Quote Originally Posted by clary1 View Post
    No they are not more inhibited. Yes there are still PDA and very much acceptable!!
    The biggest difference is price and no lineups for food and bar.
    It seems as though people have misconceptions that it's boring during slow season. Far from it! Slow season at Hedo is relative.
    Hedo - August 19-26 2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast