Thread: Ocean swimming and beach at Hedo

Ocean swimming and beach at Hedo

Hi all, we are a couple looking to visit Hedo for our first time. There is one over-riding desire which drives our search. Naked ocean floating and swimming.
    Our need has been fulfilled by Couples Negril and CSS 6 times but both are lacking in either privacy (CN) or ocean conditions (CSS).
    This brings me to some questions that my forum searching has not found or the information was older.

I understand in front of the nude beach is the pier and it allows vegetation (sea urchins) to gather. Is this still something going on?
    What is the shoreline like in front of the c/o area? Visible water with a sand bottom for walking in? This area isn't discussed much seeing most are more interested in the more free thinking nude area. Comparisons to Couples Negril's water conditions would be great from those fortunate to have been to both.
    Thank you,

Good morning There are sea urchins and eel grass in the water, we have both had the unfortunate pleasure of stepping on them, so now we always bring and wear water walkers/water shoes... It may look a little bit funny being naked and wearing water shoes, but it is better than having to visit the resort nurse to get them plucked out.... We have been told that if they aren't in your skin real deep, you could pee on them, and they will work their way out of your skin??? But don't let sea urchins deter you from going to Hedo, it is Disneyland for Adults.... Hope I was able to help?..
    Jo- & Mark

I’ve stepped on one our first trip and yes it hurts like crazy. However, I can’t stand water shoes, they just feel gross to me when wet. I’ve found it’s pretty easy not to step on them. We will walk out almost waist deep then hop on a raft. You can see the difference in dark (grass) and sand color from shore. Just do the foot shuffle in the water. Do not lift up and step just slid your feet along the bottom. We’ve never had a problem since. The water on the c/o side seemed to me to be more rocks and I didn’t like that at all so nude side for us. I’d say we spend about 25% of our day floating on the nude side.
    Hope that helps.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

the 7 mile beach is a public beach so you can walk 10 minutes and swim your heart out and also great place for pictures!

We just got back a little less than a month ago, and they had someone out every day with a small raft collecting the pesky urchins. I have never seen that done in the past, but both the grass and the urchins were not an issue on this trip. In fact, with the grass thinned out, we were able to see and hold starfish for the first time within the roped in swimming area. The prude side is still pretty rocky and full of grass, just don't walk where you can see and you will be fine.
    First Trip June 15-25 2015!!!
    2nd Trip Dec 2-11 2015
    3rd Trip Dec 1-10 2016
    4th Trip Nov 30-Dec9 2017 (If not sooner!)

Quote Originally Posted by kshew97 View Post
    We just got back a little less than a month ago, and they had someone out every day with a small raft collecting the pesky urchins. I have never seen that done in the past, but both the grass and the urchins were not an issue on this trip. In fact, with the grass thinned out, we were able to see and hold starfish for the first time within the roped in swimming area. The prude side is still pretty rocky and full of grass, just don't walk where you can see and you will be fine.
    That is great to hear! I have never seen that either, but hope it continues!

Make a note of it on the trip advisor site. It seems management really monitors that site and if they see it is popular maybe they will continue doing it. Great news!

We love getting in the ocean as it is so calm and warm. We are just very careful where we walk and as mentioned above stay away from vegetation!

I was out for a swim last week and the sea urchins were out there in the roped off area. Be careful as they are hard to see.

Thanks all. Your input is very helpful

The best nude swimming is during snorkeling excursions.

Water shoes are a great way to avoid ruining a trip. We've seen big guys reduced to not being able to walk after stepping on one. Water shoes are a small price to pay for worry free beach swimming (which we love!)
    Hedo II 4 Trips
    Cap D'ade 2 Trips + Summer ‘21?
    Desire RM 1 trip