Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ipad on beach

Ipad on beach

I'm a newbie will be first time at hedo with wife ,we read books on ipad daily , including adult forum is it OK to take to beach ,

Quote Originally Posted by Buddydog View Post
    I'm a newbie will be first time at hedo with wife ,we read books on ipad daily , including adult forum is it OK to take to beach ,
    This recent thread may help you:
    http://www.adulttravelforum.com/foru...1209-E-readers
    Last edited by popatop; 06-27-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    yes you can use it on the beach... just be respectful and you will be fine.
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

An easy sign of respect is to get a bright colored sticker and put it over the camera during your stay. Anyone who sees it will have no worries about you taking photos of them and they will appreciate how you consider others' paranoia.
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 14-21, 2020
    Hedo II - March 9-16, 2019
    Hedo II - WWV/Playful Pussycats - April 2017
    Hedo II - WWV/Hedo Amigos - March 2016

Phones and iPads both were very irritating at Hedo on our recent trip. First they were everywhere and no one stopped anyone. Instead of visiting, people sat at every meal with their phones and iPads. One gal was one her phone, loudly having a conversation as she paced back and forth on the nude beach, using the "speaker" so that we could all have to listen as we tried to relax on the beach. It almost looked like she was face timing the guy. I finally got pissed and walked over to security, who's back was turned. I asked why she was allowed to use her phone on the beach. They went up to her, but she argued violently with them that she was "just" using her phone, not taking pictures. She was so obnoxious with her stuck up, entitled attitude. She finally stalked off to gather her things and leave. But the "no electronics allowed " rule is NOT being enforced and it was very irritating. I couldn't believe so many people would spend so much on a vacation and then squander it by spending every waking minute on their devices. Why didn't they just stay home? The only time we used our phone outside of our room was to take discreet pics. Amazing to see couples sitting in Pastafari, or on the nude beach with both of them on their phones. And people were definitely filming and taking pics during evening show time in the main dining room. It is a shame that the internet now works in the restaurants instead of just the courtyard. People lined up along the main bar in the evenings, scrolling on their screens. The phones were every where. It has really hurt the atmosphere of the resort. I know I am ranting, but really? Because you can't unplug for a few days and ignore Facebook and twitter while you enjoy a vacation in Paradise? The ever present phones were really the ONLY negative part of our honeymoon.
    IMHO of course,
    Cowgirl

I like to use my iPad to read books while I'm sitting on the beach, gives me a variety of reading options without the packing of several books. shyinOntario's excellent suggestion about putting a large colorful sticker on the camera lense opening will give a little comfort to others that you are not using that feature. I also agree with cowgirl that people can be overly consumed with their social apps on their phones. Finding common ground of the appropriate uses of electronic devices is difficult anywhere, and Hedo is no different.
    Hedo II - My Happy Place

April 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2021 (no 2020, darn COVID)
    Sept. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, & 2022

Thanks,will surely put a big bandaid on it ,it is hard to believe how addicted we have become to these electronics, my wife works at a job that does have a moral clause and doesn't want to ever be posted with her pic, it's our first time and not even sure we can drop our draws yet ,wait and see ,if she does I will surely follow ,just wish they had penis enlargement surgery like breast implants ,rather be a shower than a grower

I agree, make it obvious that the camera is covered. But to be honest, just make a bunch of new friends and you will spend more time talking and enjoying the sun that you won't have time to read! Put down the electronics and enjoy the people you will see for the time you are there.

Blog Entries
    any wife looking for a bbc in july at hedo

Quote Originally Posted by tandbinpa View Post
    I agree, make it obvious that the camera is covered. But to be honest, just make a bunch of new friends and you will spend more time talking and enjoying the sun that you won't have time to read! Put down the electronics and enjoy the people you will see for the time you are there.
    Totally agree, our time is so short and precious there, drink in and savour every moment.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

I brought my tablet last visit and only used it to check email in the morning at breakfast

I use my iPad in the morning in the dining hall while waiting my husband to join me. During this time I read my book, if I don't have a hard copy book. Most of the time, if you're just reading security won't bother you on the beach. We saw many people reading their iPads and other eReaders without incident. It is when it appears you're taking photos or doing sketchy shit like that with it that they will ask you to stop, etc. Just be respectful. The brightly colored sticker thing is a good idea too.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

I take my iPad and read everyday, I don't want to pack four or five books which is what I would go through easy. I don't drink much so laying out and relaxing is my vacation...I don't want any pictures of me or anyone else naked on my pad, as my kids could grab at anytime so I would never take any. Everyone has a different vacation, I talk to people all day at work, so there are times that mine is just to include time to zone out and escape.

In this days, we notice everywhere how people "missing" so much because they bury their heads to the screens of electronic devices. Last year while on vacation, i see this family of four at next table. 2 kids and 2 adults they didn't talk during the entire dinner just carried away on their bright screens. We had one teenager on our table and we had to warn her to put the phone down every 30 min.
    Reading is lovely but personally nothing beats the smell of the paper, an actual book that you really turn the pages. Also since most people seems to be not packing much clothing to Hedo, one can fit few books into a small luggage without an issue.
    With all due respect to everyones freedom of choise, it would be best to read real book at public places and not to display cell phones, and do whatever in your room.
    Oo by the way i still have my good old flip phone so i might be just e geek

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    I lock my phone in the safe and check it every 12 hours to make sure there's no catastrophic news and then lock it right back up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast