Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cameras at the bars and nude pool

The bigger issue to me isn’t the fact that the cameras are there but the fact that cameras are now required. We’ve always felt safe at Hedo but there’s been many reports lately on this site and elsewhere of activity that concerns me. My wife used to walk alone throughout the resort at night, I’m not sure I’m comfortable with her doing that anymore. This, along with the rising prices and the feeling that it’s not the same value to us than it once was will probably result in us dropping our Hedo vacations and spending more time elsewhere.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JamCouple View Post
    For those who are pro security cameras, would you also be ok with them being installed in the playroom, night club, piano bar, and other public areas? After all, inappropriate actions by staff or guests and various crimes can occur in these areas too.
    we agree they can and i'm sure have... but most happen at night around the nude pool/hottub... or on the walk back.... we would like to see them on the path heading back from the pool/hottub that way they won't be there waiting for what they call easy pray.
    Hedo II jan 2012 2013--2014---
    may-- oct 2014--
    jan. Apr. Oct 2015-- Jan, April, Oct 2016
    2017, April Sept, and Oct
    2018 Orlando June 2-9
    2018 Oct

Up Cumming Trips April and Oct 2017

I am missing something in the 11 trips to H? Are guests being assaulted all over the resort? We have never even heard of this being a problem...from anyone. Most people that inquire are easy asked to go away and that is it.

It seems that a problem is being created to provide justification for the solution. And I am called paranoid?

My 2c here: we own restaurants with cameras installed and we use them for the following:

(1) follow up with the staff to ensure they are attending to our guests
    (2) look to see if they are busy so we can allocate resources to support them
    (3) investigate reports of theft, complaints etc.

We never log on to see who is visiting - running a hospitality operation is too time consuming to see if JoeBlogg is in the house today. There is NEVER anyone full time on the cameras, and I suspect that this is the case with Hedo. Cameras are usually used as an after-the-fact investigative tool.

Quote Originally Posted by L&I View Post
    My 2c here: we own restaurants with cameras installed and we use them for the following:

(1) follow up with the staff to ensure they are attending to our guests
    (2) look to see if they are busy so we can allocate resources to support them
    (3) investigate reports of theft, complaints etc.

We never log on to see who is visiting - running a hospitality operation is too time consuming to see if JoeBlogg is in the house today. There is NEVER anyone full time on the cameras, and I suspect that this is the case with Hedo. Cameras are usually used as an after-the-fact investigative tool.
    I would like to know if you place cameras in the washrooms at your restaurants? After all, there could be illegal activity going on. It seems a ridiculous question, but there is not really a comparison between recording your bartenders in a clothed restaurant and recording nude people. The closest I could come in a vanilla establishment would be recording people in the bathroom. Sounds a bit more disturbing.

I 100% agree that finding theft and employee abuse is an important business consideration, but not at the expense of your clientelle.

To be honest with everyone, once I've had a dozen or so Crown and Coke's I don't care if it's cameras or my grandmother watching ............lol

Join us by calling 888.242.1055 or email info@wildwomenvacations.com
    The Playful Pussycats

Quote Originally Posted by zork View Post
    Here is the statement from Kevin Levee:

Greetings all,

There has been alot of banter about Hedonism II installing security cameras on property.

Here is our official statement:

Hedonism II considers the comfort and safety our guests it’s number one priority. Although infrequent, we have received reports of violations of acceptable behavior ranging from guests feeling uncomfortable to feeling unsafe. We have zero tolerance for such unacceptable behavior. To ensure the safety of our guests, security cameras have been added at various locations throughout the resort. The focus is intended to enhance security on the perimeters of the property near the beach entrances from adjacent properties: Point Village and Sandals Negril. Their presence will not only act as a deterrent, but the information they collect will aid in the apprehension of any violators and their permanent removal from the resort. Video footage is viewed only by one Security Staff and the General Manager and the Hotel Manager, then deleted after 30 days.

(NOTE: The cameras will not be located near the nude pool or hot tub.)

We trust that guests will understand this has become a necessary step in providing improved safety, and ultimately an enhanced overall customer experience.

Sincerely,

Kevin Levee,
    General Manager
    Once again my issue is less with security/privacy as it is with misinformation from management. While after three spectacular visits to Hedo I've heard no issues with safety or desire for more security but have heard of many lies from management. This is written proof that they do not tell us the truth. They wrote that cameras will not be around the nude pool/hot tub...but there were cameras placed there. Many stories were made up to explain the AC issues and that they will be fixed "soon". I personally enjoyed an evening with no water to wash or flush with due to 1- a water line break (not their fault) 2 - the water trucks are coming (water trucks don't help if you are on a city water main??) and it will be back up in half an hour (still off in the morning). Hedo needs to smarten up if you want to charge big bucks the expectations rise. Put cameras in, fine but don't lie about the number, location and risk to your patrons. Please explain how Kevin said there are no cameras at the nude pool followed closely by they have been disconnected??? Can't shut down what is not there.

I suspect a further reason is to catch tipping. In fact, this will simply cause employees to 'suggest' that they tip outside of the areas where the cameras are which will only put guests in more vulnerable areas and decrease guest safety. This is just boneheaded.

Geez everyone. Who out there thinks anyone would take the time to publicize our nakedness. First of all, 90% of us all fall well below what 90% of the world would classify as HOT!

Second, to those who claim to have "high profile" or "moral sensitive" jobs, keep in mind that anyone who sees you, is just as guilty of sexual deviancy for seeing you.

Get over the drama and realize none of us are important enough for anyone to give a shit.

Enjoy your vacation and forget about all this cocky pop.
    Last edited by jshell; 10-07-2017 at 05:58 AM.

Well said!!! The only people who want to see us naked is us Lets all just take a breath get naked and everything will be fine. I don't believe that the management would do anything to jeopardize their business.

I've already pre-ordered the full length 'Nudists Gone Wild' video from Vivid! Can't wait to see you all on the big screen...High def, not so much.

Perhaps the resort is attempting to decrease the amount of public sex in the nude pool area by putting the cameras in. Maybe they are hoping the cameras will deter people.
    For those of you who are concerned about "playing" at the nude pool and being caught on camera, you do have plenty of other places on the resort to play without cameras, including the playroom.
    Cowgirl

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
    Perhaps the resort is attempting to decrease the amount of public sex in the nude pool area by putting the cameras in. Maybe they are hoping the cameras will deter people.
    For those of you who are concerned about "playing" at the nude pool and being caught on camera, you do have plenty of other places on the resort to play without cameras, including the playroom.
    Cowgirl

Could be and there is talk that the updated squash courts could be used as a play room during the day.
    Trip #12 - September 2023 with the Seamore's Misfits.

I think there is nothing to worry about. What management wrote was to focus on the security of the perimeters of the property. I certainly will feel safer (especially at night) knowing the resort is keeping our safety a main focus. Let's all keep calm and have fun being naked ! Let Hedo take care of the rest. Peace and Respect.

The official stateman is not clear to me. Some info seems to be missing. But that would be folish to install cameras in a resort like Hedo with no real justifications. I trust the management this will not be used inappropriately. Otherwise, Hedo would be scoring in its own goal.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast