Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cameras at the bars and nude pool

The resort should have been upfront about the surveillance cameras. Noted this in the check in forms that surveillance cameras are in use and posted signs in areas with them. This is totally out of line for the resort to install WIFI cameras that are vulnerable and can be hacked. It would be very likely that the surveillance feed could be posted on youtube or some other site if they got hacked. I don't believe these are for security when they have security staff throughout the facility. If the cameras are for the purpose of watching the bars then they should be located to minimize guest exposure and signs should be posted in those areas.

Here is the statement from Kevin Levee:

Greetings all,

There has been alot of banter about Hedonism II installing security cameras on property.

Here is our official statement:

Hedonism II considers the comfort and safety our guests it’s number one priority. Although infrequent, we have received reports of violations of acceptable behavior ranging from guests feeling uncomfortable to feeling unsafe. We have zero tolerance for such unacceptable behavior. To ensure the safety of our guests, security cameras have been added at various locations throughout the resort. The focus is intended to enhance security on the perimeters of the property near the beach entrances from adjacent properties: Point Village and Sandals Negril. Their presence will not only act as a deterrent, but the information they collect will aid in the apprehension of any violators and their permanent removal from the resort. Video footage is viewed only by one Security Staff and the General Manager and the Hotel Manager, then deleted after 30 days.

(NOTE: The cameras will not be located near the nude pool or hot tub.)

We trust that guests will understand this has become a necessary step in providing improved safety, and ultimately an enhanced overall customer experience.

Sincerely,

Kevin Levee,
    General Manager
    Breezes Grand Negril: 5/2010
    Hedonism II: 12/2011, 11/2016, 12/2017, 4/2019
    Couples Tower Isle: 1/2013
    Hidden Beach: 12/2013, 5/2016
    Couples Negril: 4/2015
    Couples San Souci: 4/2017, 4/2018
    Vritomartis, GR: 9/2017
    Cap D'Agde, FR: 7/2018

There is literally a camera in the upper right corner of the nude swimup bar facing the pool as well as a larger one on the side of the building overlooking the nude pool (if you're standing at the grotto entrance look out and up on the building). The other one, that I personally witnessed being installed, is installed in the corner facing the 1200 block and hammock of the prude beach bar/pool (by flame) that camera is facing the bar and pool
    Last edited by CFOMan; 10-02-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CFOMan View Post
    There is literally a camera in the upper right corner of the nude swimup bar facing the pool as well as a larger one on the side of the building overlooking the nude pool (if you're standing at the grotto entrance look out and up on the building). The other one, that I personally witnessed being installed, is installed in the corner facing the 1200 block and hammock of the prude beach bar/pool (by flame) that camera is facing the bar and pool
    Yeah, I asked RandyMon about those. Here is his answer:

Zork,

The cameras in the nude area have been disabled and will be taken down now.

Randymon

If the cameras were closed circuit and not WIFI then it would be a different matter but these are not. Anyone on staff with the pass code could log into these cameras on their phones.

Hedonism II's official statement regarding security cameras: https://community.hedonism.com/forum...s-hedonism-ii/

BTW - they are on a closed loop. No one except the GM and HM have access.

google: Can CCTV cameras be hacked

So just to clarify, they installed cameras at the nude pool, lied about it publicly, got called out and now claim to have disabled them. Does this sound odd to anyone else? After the false information given out regularly when standard amenities (water and air conditioning) fail I have a tendency to disbelieve information on this subject. I for one do not want to have cameras around the nude pool. Anything can happen but "what happens in Hedo..." I'd prefer off the internet
    Last edited by Tryinit; 10-03-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Randy says they will be removed "now". Hopefully that will occur in the next few days and then that part is a moot point.

Security Cameras at Hedo

Hedo installed cameras around the resort to deter crime, harassment, theft, security staff acting inappropriately etc. Its nice that they care about this stuff. The cameras at the beach entrances by Point Village and Sandals will deter and possibly help catch anyone sneaking into the resort to do these things. All of us regulars have heard stories of Iphones going missing, Security staff acting inappropriately towards the female guests etc. While these things happen at all hotels and resorts I'm glad Hedo is doing what they can to protect the guests. And for anyone who hasn't yet been to Hedo fear not, it is in my opinion one of the safest resorts I've ever been to. We the guests of the resort have spoken out and said NO to cameras at the nude pool and hot tub and Hedo has listened and have disabled them and will be removing them as soon as possible.
    Scott & Kathy Upcoming trips:

2019 Jan 2nd to 12th Hedo with Toms Trips Lifestyle Month Swingers Delight
    http://www.tomstrips.com/hot-trips/h...uary-week-two/

2019 April Lifestyle Fantasy Week Hedo April 13th to 20th
    http://www.tomstrips.com/hot-trips/h.../fantasy-week/

2019 Oct 12th to 19th Hedo Toms Trips Oktoberfest Week -
    http://www.tomstrips.com/hot-trips/h...s/oktoberfest/

I'm not worried about cameras, as I'm sure that bad employees could have been sneaking pictures without us ever knowing anyway. I have no doubt that management controlled security cameras will be used appropriately. I'm also sure that much of the motivation is to protect Hedo. They are probably getting sued from people claiming negligence, etc. and need a way to protect themselves (and help keep costs down for us honest people). Either way, it won't change my trip plans. 130 more days!
    Mitch & Melisa

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeam View Post
    If the cameras were closed circuit and not WIFI then it would be a different matter but these are not. Anyone on staff with the pass code could log into these cameras on their phones.
    If that is indeed the case then it means this system is like the one I have at home.I can take snapshots etc and email them,save them to my pc,etc. and I am a very low tech person.The real question here for me is,"What happened to cause management to make this decision?" I totally get the idea of perimeter cams pointed toward entrance areas but nothing more than that.If they dont get rid of cameras on the nude side there will be people who will no longer vacation at Hedo because of it!

Surprised to read about the cameras hoping they don't point in any direction capturing nude guests. Tough to balance security and privacy. Hope it all works out for the best.
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

I find this most concerning and unacceptable. Cameras at the entrances on the beach, maybe.
    Anything else is a game changer.
    Hedo ll Dec 21 to 28th, 2014
    Hedo ll Dec 13th to 27th, 2015
    Hedo ll Dec 13th to Dec 29th, 2016
    Hedo ll Dec 9th to Dec 23rd, 2017
    Hedo ll December 2018
    Hedo ll Dec 2019
    Hedo ll Dec 2021

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Somebody please let me know when the "Hedo Highlights" DVD comes out?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast