Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SunHolidays Transfer

SunHolidays Transfer

We normally take a private transfer (Rocky's) to Hedo, but I am thinking of taking SunHoliday's this time. Our travel agent says they go directly from Montego Bay to Hedo with no stops at other resorts (so I assume they may make the stupid "beer/bathroom" stop). They aren't much cheaper than the private taxi, but I thought it would be a chance to meet other people and "get the party started early" like the old SuperClubs bus was.

Has anyone taken the transfer with SunHoliday in particular recently and how was it?

p.s. I don't want to know about private transfers or other buses, those are not part of the equation. We have taken Rocky's several times and their service is great, but it is just my wife and myself and I am thinking of something different this time.

We took Sun Holidays two years ago from Montego Bay. We had to wait about 20 minutes before they loaded us on the bus, then another 30 minutes before the bus left the airport. Yes, we made the beer/bathroom stop for a ten minute delay, and we stopped once (in traffic!) to drop off an employee on the street, but other than that it was straight to the resort. Total trip time was about 1:45, so it was marginally faster than the normal bus that stops at other resorts. We're going to try our luck with Rocky's for our trip in December.

We have had 3 trips with Sun Holiday and one with Rocky's. Our first year with Sun Holiday, as soon as we stepped outside we were on the bus and on our way. We did make one short stop for a beer that added about 20 min. to the trip. But we also made friends on the trip that we kept up with for the week. The trip back departed around 10:30, drove straight through, and had us at the airport about 2 hours before the flight. The second trip, we waited about an hour in total for bus to arrive and get loaded. No stop on the way to the resort. Return trip departed around 11:30 and we had about a 4 hour wait for our flight. Third trip was only about a 20 min. wait for the bus, no stop on the way to the resort. Return trip was just like second trip experience. So, here is my personal assessment. If you arrive at MBJ early in the day and depart MBJ early in the day, Sun Holiday is a good low cost choice and you can make friends on the ride. Our flights arrive late and depart late, so by taking Rocky's we can be more certain to arrive at the resort as soon as possible and we can also stay later on checkout day, as Rocky only has to get us to OUR flight on time. (I'd rather spend time at Hedo than at the airport).
    Mitch & Melisa

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I used Sun Holiday 7-8 years ago before going to Rocky's for myself and my group (and we love Rocky's).

I did not like the delay of boarding nor the wait after boarding and then the hotel stops plus my last trip the driver was not very good/safe in my opinion and opted never to use them again.

Sun Holidays has been around quite a while and reasonably reliable but Rocky's has been solid for 8 years straight and I have used them for off-property trips also and will again use them in 2018.

We used the non stop transfer with Sunholiday last January. Waited a close to an hour for the van to leave. The other couples on the trip were not to chatty and we did not stop on the way to the resort. Going to ride with Rocky's in October for a change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by FunFlirt View Post
    We took Sun Holidays two years ago from Montego Bay. We had to wait about 20 minutes before they loaded us on the bus, then another 30 minutes before the bus left the airport. Yes, we made the beer/bathroom stop for a ten minute delay, and we stopped once (in traffic!) to drop off an employee on the street, but other than that it was straight to the resort. Total trip time was about 1:45, so it was marginally faster than the normal bus that stops at other resorts. We're going to try our luck with Rocky's for our trip in December.

Joe, you will probably like Rocky's. We have used them several times, excellent service, waiting for you when you come out of the airport, nice vehicles...(stocked with cold beverages) getting closer!!

I used to use Sunholiday on every stay at Hedonism. first time I arrived to Jamaica I was kinda trying kinda to push to the airports exit and don't loose any minute of vacation. I rememeber it as it was yesterday. me on the Transport desk husteling and rushing to tell them who I was, where I come from and so on. the 2 guys behind the counter smiled at me and said: slow down, you are in Jamaica. I have learned after a couple of visits how right they were.
    Sunholidays often has to wait for other passengers, so no rush would let you begin your vacation. sometimes they stop, sometimes they don't. and on every ride we had non tourist passengers with us who were on their way home. I usually land late aftern sunset. no problem at all. sometimes i get into chatting with them.
    price is unbeatable though. haven't tried any other transportation than Sunholidays.
    on my next time I will be in Jamaica, before Hedonism, I stay first night in Mobay out in the hills, rent a car and drive to Kingston to see friends and former Employees. on my way back from Hedo to the airport I will use Sunholiday again. they also do one way transfers for 25 USD per person. 3rd time I am going to do it this way.
    I can recommend Sunholiday Tours
    Last edited by jamming; 09-23-2017 at 03:42 PM.

We used Sunholiday just over a month ago. My wife, myself, and a single woman, waited at the airport in the bus about 10 minutes for a single guy. So just the 4 of us, maybe because of August low season? We made a bathroom/beer stop (but we asked, took 10 minutes) and the driver stopped another time, apologized, quickly got out, and conducted some quick business with someone on the side of the road. We made it to Hedo in about an hour and a half. The single woman stayed on the bus to go to a different resort. Even with the minor delays, we would use them again for sure. Possibly a different story during peak months, but just guessing.
    Couples, San Souci- August, 2016
    Hedo II - August, 2017
    Couples, Negril- August, 2018 including 2 day passes to Hedo

We used Sunholiday on our three trips to Hedo and we are using them again this October. We like them. I guess we have waiting for the bus to leave for about 30 minutes, once. But during the wait we had a drink at the bar. Have never made any stops along the way. And like Popatop, our travel time to the resort is always about 90 minutes, which we consider reasonable.
    Returning to HEDO October 16 through 26, 2019

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    We have used Sun Holiday on each of our 4 trips to Hedo.They are a well run company and we have never waited too long to board.
    Last time they were ready the minute we arrived and Mrs NN was disappointed that we didn't have time to hang out in the lounge to get snacks and a drink.We got on and the bus took off.We have never stopped enroute and when they give you a pickup time for your return you can count on them to be punctual too.

We have used the Sun Holiday transfer also without issues at all. We landed and the longest wait time has always been under 30 minutes. The last trip we landed, went to the counter, and were on the bus within a couple of minutes! The driver asked us politely if we wanted to have a drink before we left. We simply declined and thanked him. We wanted to get to Hedo and enjoy every moment possible. We were off with only one stop (which was a whole 60 seconds) to drop one employee off. No detours were made. Th driver came to a stop light, and the employee was off the bus, and she wished us a good vacation. This coming trip, we are using Jamaica Tours. Hoping to have the same service as with Sun Holidays.

Have used Sun Holidays for 23 trips now and their main business seems to be H2 guests which is nice because I have met some awesome peeps on board. I think they have stopped at other resorts maybe twice in all of those trips because H2 is at the start of the Negril strip. Return to the airport has always been a non-stop snooze zone. Castaways includes the transfers for group members (less fuss to arrange separately), but I think they are $30 roundtrip if booked separately.
    Learn something new and play everyday!

Lovin' Life at H2!
    Join Us February 23-March 2, 2019!

Lovin' Life Info
    (Castaways Travel Agency Group)

Do they have a website you can book and prepay ?
    Sept 23rd thru the 28th 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Daveman34286 View Post
    Do they have a website you can book and prepay ?
    http://sunholidayjamaica.com

We booked them through Hedo and prepayed the resort. ($50 per person for round trip) Hedo can book your transfer, and sends you a confirmation email of your Sunholiday transfer with all the details. This method worked great for us.

We contacted:

Sheneen Clarke
    Reservations Agent
    Hedonism II
    P.O. Box 25
    Negril, Jamaica
    Tel.: (876) 957-5200. Ext.: 5230
    Direct Line: (876)684-5230
    Fax: (876) 957-4769
    email: reservations@hedonism.com
    visit us online: www.hedonism.com
    Last edited by popatop; 09-24-2017 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Add text
    Couples, San Souci- August, 2016
    Hedo II - August, 2017
    Couples, Negril- August, 2018 including 2 day passes to Hedo

You may want to check out JTL, we have used them for quite a few years and have been mostly happy. $30 round trip per person. They typically make 3 stops not counting Hedo. Large, comfortable buses with good air conditioning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast