Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desire Pearl vs. Hedo Question

Quote Originally Posted by Newpilot10 View Post
    We just came back from pearl. I was thinking about booking hedo cause the beach at pearl is horricfic due to the sea weed situation. The odor of the sea weed was unbearable. We really like to be in the beach but the comments I’ve heard about Hedo’s room worry me. Pearl crowd was pretty laid back but I must say much older than I expected. The average age was 55. My wife and I are mid 40s.
    By September, every single room at Hedo will have been completely renovated. The renovated rooms are wonderful.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Blog Entries
    We haven't been to Desire Pearl since November 2013 and since then we go to Hedo twice a year. Tried Pearl after young friends at Hedo recommended it but we have no desire to return even though we have friends (in their 60's and 70's) who go annually to justify all the money they spent for a premiere membership. Aside from the sales pitch at Pearl on the first day the other reason we prefer Hedo is that we find in general Hedo regulars are alot more relaxed and down to earth. Found some of the regulars at Pearl to be friendly but a little too obvious presenting themselves to be superior due to their wealth or profession. Had alot of fun freaking out cliquey group at Pearl with some hilarious fellow Canadians we just met at the bar....loudly exclaiming our young years of struggles with unemployment and appreciation of a social safety net.
    Last edited by JuicyLucie; 07-27-2018 at 01:45 PM.
    "Your clothes conceal much of your beauty, yet they hide not the unbeautiful ....Would you meet the sun and the wind with ...your skin..? For the breath of life is in the sunlight and the hand of life is in the wind.." Kahlil Gibran

We have not been to either Desire resorts but just got back from Hedo. It was our first time going and we had an amazing time. Loved the atmosphere, the renovations are going on as we speak, the rooms and showers were very good. The only time we were in our room was to sleep and when a couple was invited in.
    Overall it was a great experience. I am 40 and she is 38. I felt the crowd was a bit older than us but there were a select few very hot couples and singles there. We enjoyed the upbeat more of a party crowd atmosphere.

I have been to Desire RM and Hedo. But after 8 trips to Hedo, I am ready for a change! Looking forward to giving Pearl a try. Here’s hoping the seaweed issue has been cleared up as we really want to spend some time on the beach! Anyone else going Dec. 2019?
    Cowgirl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12