Thread: Looking for the best time to go!

Looking for the best time to go!

Hi everybody!
    Had to create a profile so I could ask a question. We are a married couple, both 38. She is BBW and may be a little self-conscious about her appearance. Is there a group that she may be "more comfortable" with than others? Maybe a specific time of year? I hate to use that terminology, but couldn't think of anything better. Sorry.
    We don't have a date picked out yet, just started looking. Any helpful replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by sccouple; 09-17-2017 at 02:17 PM.

Hi SCCOUPLE
    Welcome to the forum. First off, tell your wife not to worry - Hedo accepts all women equally. Nothing matters but attitude! Have a good, accepting, respectful attitude and you'll be welcomed by pretty much any group. Oddly enough, considering all the nude bodies at Hedo, body type is the LAST thing that matters. I don't think anytime of the year is better or worse accept related to weather (hurricane season is a bit riskier, and summer is hotter). As for groups, the focus of most groups seems to be more on personality and preference. Looking for lots of lifestylers (i.e. "swingers"?) Looking for lots of activity? looking for a non-stop party atmosphere? Looking for a laid-back time to be alone on the beach? You can pretty much find groups for every taste and activity level, and almost all include a wide range of ages - and even if you book with a group there is no requirement to participate in their activities or avoid other groups at Hedo at the same time. I recommend you pick a time period that works for you, then find out what groups are going in that time frame (ask the question on here) - then visit group sites, chat with members, and see if any are a particular match. You'll find Hedo to be the most welcoming place on earth. You will NOT find people focused on body shapes or sizes!

Thank you so much. I got the impression that the resort was very welcoming from this forum and others like it. We're trying to figure out a date to go. Hopefully sometime in the spring next year.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi sccouple and welcome to ATF where you will find so much great info and advice from real-world travelers and experienced adult adventurers.

I get this type of question quite often and simply answer as above that Hedo specifically is awesome when it comes to no judgements on guests Give respect, expect respect.

As for the best time to go....anytime is the usual answer. However, I believe there are times of the year that are better than others for everyone. Some people go to beat the cold and others to beat the heat. Some go at peak and busy times and others in the quiet months.

Personally, I prefer (for both myself and my group--the Krewe de Krazy Life) mid-late June because of the warmer water/pool temperatures, the lower summer rates, and the compatibility of like-minded groups during our week. The resort is usually busy but never so that you have to wait in line for anything or can't find either action actiivities or laid-back locations and times.

And I think picking a compatible group has many benefits. Many in my group are there from Fantasy Fest where the motto is "One Human Family" and where no judgements are made for personal choices and there are zero group obligations all week.The group ranges from the 20's to 70's single males and females, and usually from several countries outside the USA.

Just some things to consider.