Thread: 7 Mile Beach Nude Walk?

7 Mile Beach Nude Walk?

My fiance and I are visiting in November for our honeymoon. Walking a portion of 7 mile beach from Hedo is definitely in our to-do list. I understand that 7 mile is topless throughout and nude varying by resort to resort as you walk. I was wondering if walking a stretch of the beach nude as a male would also be looked past, being as there are several nude resorts on the beach. Do you think there would be a significant risk of being contacted by police or resort staff intervening? Or would most people know that it's because there are nude resorts up and down the beach, and wouldn't give more than a strange look? What are the odds of running into a problem?

It is my understanding that full nudity is against the law in Jamaica, with the exception of Hedo. Therefore, I do believe you will run into trouble with this scenario. Hopefully someone will chime in here. With more info.

We often walk/run the beach and although it is 7 mile, there is a spot you have to hop on the road as you run on out beach. We just stop there and turn around. The round trip run/walk from Hedo to that point is about 2 miles. After the brief stint on the road you can return to the beach, but not sure how long that portion is. Good luck and have fun.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

As JayNSteph said, we have also heard that public nudity is illegal in Jamaica.

On our first trip to Hedo, about 3 years ago, we met a couple who told us they walk 7 Mile beach often...and his wife walks topless. So the next day we set out for a walk down the beach with my topless wife. We got about 150 meters on the other side of the fence, on Sandel's property, and it was clear to us that my wife should not be walking topless. We turned around, got her bikini top on, and set off again.

There are some topless areas along the way but they are not Hedo, so the toplessness is more discreet. In all of our walks on 7 Mile beach, and there have been several, we have never even seen a woman topless and sitting up-right. Only ever seen a couple of topless women laying. I could not even imagine a man walking down that beach naked.

Also, there are children everywhere which does concern us and spoils any kind of sexy-vibe, but that is us.

All that said, I am interested to hear what other people's thoughts are on walking the beach topless/naked. Maybe we have it all wrong.
    Returning to HEDO October 16 through 26, 2019

If you search on the web you will find that as the others stated public nudity is illegal in Jamaica and can get you in trouble. On top of that I personally don't believe it's a good idea because of all the little ones around. Hedo is surrounded by family resorts. The only other resort I know of that might have nudity would be couples resort and it's just topless.
    I say do your walk but also put your swim suites on. Enjoy your trip as Hedo is a great place and a great time.
    H2 June 7-13, 2015 Virgin Trip
    H2 May 21-29, 2016
    H2 June 9-16, 2017
    H2 June 9-16, 2018
    H2 Dec 15-22, 2018
    H2 June 9-15, 2019
    H2 May 30 - June 6th 2020 Canceled due to COIVD
    H2 Dec 16-20, 2021

If you stopped at Sandals to take pictures in even street clothes you would be asked to leave. Being topless you will have to be out ahead of the security at Beaches also. I thing being nude is not a good idea.
    R & G

we stay down the beach for a few days to detox at a vanilla resort aprés hedo. We've done the walk...wear you bathing suit. Although topless is tolerated, it's rare...wife is uncomfortable when she is the only one...there is comfort in numbers. In the many weeks we've spent on seven mile at vanilla and walking past vanilla resorts I can count on my hands the number of topless sunbathers we've seen....including the ones sitting on loungers in front of a resort. I am also not aware of other "nude" areas down seven mile...Hedo is currently it, and you may run into trouble, asked to leave, feeling very uncomfortable etc.
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Topless is fine but you can't go totally nude..

We were just at Hedo a month ago, and we walked a long stretch of 7 mile beach in our suits. We saw Zero nudity, and didn't see any topless women. You will want to save the nudity for Hedo, there's plenty of beach there to walk nude on. Have a great time!
    Last edited by popatop; 09-10-2017 at 11:31 AM.
    Couples, San Souci- August, 2016
    Hedo II - August, 2017
    Couples, Negril- August, 2018 including 2 day passes to Hedo

We have walked the 7 mile beach many times, in both directions from Hedo. Though we have seen topless ladies from time to time, we have only seen total nudity at the nude resorts walking toward the Office of Nature, have never seen nudity on the Sandals side. Never seen a topless lady up walking around...as others have noted, only topless while in a lounger.

My wife has walked topless from Hedo to The Boardwalk which is on the other side of Sandals. She also spent the week topless at Rooms on the Beach, further south closer to town. She was definitely in the minority, meaning she was the only one. Full nudity would not be accepted and Jamaicans would view this as disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by meomypete View Post
    If you stopped at Sandals to take pictures in even street clothes you would be asked to leave. Being topless you will have to be out ahead of the security at Beaches also. I thing being nude is not a good idea.
    It's perfectly legal to walk through Sandals, they cannot ask you to leave as long as you stay right by the waters edge which is considered public property in Jamaica. If you try to venture into the resort then they definitely have the right to, and will ask you to move on. Same rule applies to Hedo but people rarely walk through.

Let me interject a quickie report from the Bloody Bay beach (just around the point to the north of Hedo) this past May. We spent a week at Couples Negril and hanging out on the nude beach everyday. There was a couple there that had been there more than 15 times who daily took a walk daily with him in swim-trunks and her topless. They walked the complete bay of a little less than 2 miles. We saw around 4 topless women on the Bloody Bay beach over our week there. Of course being at CN's nude section most of the day my experience may have been limited.

Generally a bad idea to try to express your 'freedom' in other countries that might not be so accepting. The 'Seven Mile Beach' has tons of families and resorts that are loaded with kids - my guess is you wouldn't want to find yourself in a Jamaican jail. Even for an afternoon. Nudity and homosexuality (still illegal) is not so accepted in a very conservative christian country.
    Last edited by Riandsu; 09-11-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Here is our experience...

One morning we woke up early to dive, because of the waves the dive was canceled so we decided to walk the beach. We left Hedo in swimsuits and after a while the Mrs. took off her top. All was good, not many people around and it was fun. After about 1/2 hour we turned around and headed back to Hedo. A few minutes after turning around a woman wearing a moo moo swimsuit saw us and stated to yell at us from about 50 yards away...she then started to run in our directions as she yelled at us. I told the Mrs. to ignore her and pretend we did not speak English. She called us perverts, pigs, degenerative, and many 4 lettered words. She stopped about 10 feet from us and kept yelling....we looked at her and pretended we did not understand her, she then said something like "fucking Europeans" (we are American) and stomped away.

After she left and we walked out of site, she put her top back on. Although it is legal to walk topless, we will not do it again, not worth the stress.

Love the story...such a cool response!
    April 2016 - MSC Divina full-ship take-over couples cruise
    March 2017 - Celebrity Bliss full-ship take-over couples cruise
    March 26 - April 01 2017 - Hedo 2
    March 17 to 31 2018 - Hedo 2.