Thread: unsure about hedo

unsure about hedo

I've read good and bad things about hedo, seem those who like it, really like it and those who don't, really don't like it. There doesn't seem to be any in between. The bad things I've read seem to do with the resort conditions, food, drinks and the large groups that go. The good seems to be, they like the people that go and they don't care about the rooms which tells me the rooms are bad. Guess we will have to try another resort other than hedo. We are not willing to spend that much money to go someplace that there is a 50% chance we won't like it. Anyone have any suggestions for upscale clothing optional resorts?

Issues like this really depend on the individual - his/her tastes, wants, expectations, etc. You'll read people say that if you are expecting a 5 star resort, then you will likely be disappointed with Hedo. When we went (two different trips), we found the amenities, rooms, food, etc, to be more than adequate. But the "vibe", and the feeling we got just by being there, was more than enough to draw us in and give us that "dreaded island fever" each moment we're away from the place. It's the "vibe" that you can't get anywhere else, and is what keeps us coming back. But that apparently is not the case for some others.

I humbly suggest that you make your decision based on what you guys intend and hope for in your vacation. If you hope to relax in peace, quiet and luxury, then Hedo might not be the best choice. If you are into joining people having a lot of carefree fun, and simply being a kid again, then I would recommend Hedo. To each their own.

With that said, we found Desire to be wonderful, and quite a bit more upscale. But the couples there tended to be arranged in cliques more often, and conversation was a bit more difficult to get into. That's just our experience. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    I would immediately discount the negative trip reports that you have read.Many of the negative reports seem to be written by people I would consider to be malcontents who just want to complain.Granted,some time ago,before the NEW MANAGEMENT sank MILLIONS of $$$ into Hedo it may have been pretty bad.The rooms are all getting facelifts from what I understand.If you want luxury you can spring for the Premium Rooms.Just tell your travel agent you want one.If you can't find enough to eat on site then there is definitely something wrong with your tastes.IF you are friendly and introduce yourself to people you will make plenty of special friends.Most of the people I communicate with regularly are people we met at Hedo.I cant think of any other vacation that I would want to take now that I have been there.

Do you want a five star room, or a five star experience? A fancy room with an average crowd is a great chance to spend time in your room. An acceptable room with a great crowd is a chance to experience fun beyond expectations. It's your choice really. Ask yourself this, if a nice room in the Caribbean with exhilarating resort surroundings and crowd is what you are looking for, then Hedo is your answer. You can have strawberries and champagne at home, but you'll never have the Hedo crowd unless you are at Hedo.
    Last edited by jshell; 09-08-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jshell View Post
    Do you want a five star room, or a five star experience? A fancy room with an average crowd is a great chance to spend time in your room. An acceptable room with a great crowd is a chance to experience fun beyond expectations. It's your choice really. Ask yourself this, if a nice room in the Caribbean with exhilarating resort surroundings and crowd what you are looking for, then Hedo is your answer. You can have strawberries and champagne at home, but you'll never have the Hedo crowd unless you are at Hedo.
    Couldn't say it any better than that......
    Lenny & Eva

TTR Cancun 2008 & 2016
    TTR Los Cabos 2010
    Hedo 2016, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by jshell View Post
    Do you want a five star room, or a five star experience? A fancy room with an average crowd is a great chance to spend time in your room. An acceptable room with a great crowd is a chance to experience fun beyond expectations. It's your choice really. Ask yourself this, if a nice room in the Caribbean with exhilarating resort surroundings and crowd what you are looking for, then Hedo is your answer. You can have strawberries and champagne at home, but you'll never have the Hedo crowd unless you are at Hedo.
    Right on!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jayndee View Post
    I've read good and bad things about hedo, seem those who like it, really like it and those who don't, really don't like it. There doesn't seem to be any in between. The bad things I've read seem to do with the resort conditions, food, drinks and the large groups that go. The good seems to be, they like the people that go and they don't care about the rooms which tells me the rooms are bad. Guess we will have to try another resort other than hedo. We are not willing to spend that much money to go someplace that there is a 50% chance we won't like it. Anyone have any suggestions for upscale clothing optional resorts?
    People write good and bad things about every location. The resort is well maintained and the grounds are beautiful. The food is downright excellent and what you would expect from a head chef that was brought in from a five star property in Houston and line chefs that repeatedly win culinary awards in Jamaica and around the Caribbean. The drinks are all TOP SHELF. If they get numerous requests for something week after week and month after month, they look to see if it is available to them. There is nothing wrong with the rooms, Currently they are in the midst of gutting and renovating every room that was not done two years ago. Groups bring in extra entertainment and that is a plus. If someone goes to Hedo and leaves saying they did not have a good time, it is because they told themselves before arriving that the place was no good.

Be like many people and try it and see why so many newbies make plans to return before they ever leave the resort.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    If someone goes to Hedo and leaves saying they did not have a good time, it is because they told themselves before arriving that the place was no good.

Be like many people and try it and see why so many newbies make plans to return before they ever leave the resort.
    We couldn't agree more with HedoJoe on these points. Much like local restaurants, you'll have your own favorite that might get slammed by a poor review. You wonder why that person didn't like what you find to be wonderful. Chalk it up to the other person's frame of mind perhaps. But regardless, we would highly recommend that you try Hedo. We think you'll find that the resort is one-of-a-kind.

Blog Entries
    On your comment that there is a 50% chance you won't like it, that can be said for any resort or property worldwide, just saying.
    Dave and Claire

I'm sure there are other clothing optional resorts.
    And if you have never been to Hedo, then what ever you think it is, is wrong.
    Hedo is fluid. It can be amazing and romantic. Book a private dinner on the beach, then a romantic walk just the two of you. I have had the most romantic times with my sexy wife at Hedo.
    Then there is the buck wild side, 7 of us in a bed at once having the time of our life.
    And there is everything in between. Having sex in public or outside but a semi private area. Watching others having sex, live.
    There is party time.
    Playroom to have fun.
    There is laughter time with old and quickly made new friends.
    There is top notch entertainment every night.
    Food like others said, between the restaurants and buffet, if you can't find something good to eat, the problem is not the food.

Hedonism the only place that I can truly say, is a place that can be what ever you want it to be.
    And you can change what you want it to be, day to day, hour to hour, and minute to minute.
    But if you decide to go elsewhere, have fun. I can't promise you it won't be like here. (Yes were here now).
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Oh and the rooms are fine and getting better.
    And if you want top notch book the premium room, they are amazing.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    I'm sure there are other clothing optional resorts.
    And if you have never been to Hedo, then what ever you think it is, is wrong.
    Hedo is fluid. It can be amazing and romantic. Book a private dinner on the beach, then a romantic walk just the two of you. I have had the most romantic times with my sexy wife at Hedo.
    Then there is the buck wild side, 7 of us in a bed at once having the time of our life.
    And there is everything in between. Having sex in public or outside but a semi private area. Watching others having sex, live.
    There is party time.
    Playroom to have fun.
    There is laughter time with old and quickly made new friends.
    There is top notch entertainment every night.
    Food like others said, between the restaurants and buffet, if you can't find something good to eat, the problem is not the food.

Hedonism the only place that I can truly say, is a place that can be what ever you want it to be.
    And you can change what you want it to be, day to day, hour to hour, and minute to minute.
    But if you decide to go elsewhere, have fun. I can't promise you it won't be like here. (Yes were here now).
    Cop..
    Very well stated Cop...now get off the computer and go and have some fun! Lol
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

We have been to a lot of resorts in Jamaica. We stayed at Couples Negril and loved it. There is a nude beach and it is close to Hedo so that you can do a day/night pass. The last time we stayed at Couples we did three day/night passes...We knew we were Hedo people and we have never stayed any where else. The people make Hedo. At vanilla resorts people never talk to each other. When you stay at Hedo you make friends for life. We go with the playful Pussycats and love that group. We are going two more times this year!! Ask us any questions you want about Hedo or Couples.

Join us by calling 888.242.1055 or email info@wildwomenvacations.com
    The Playful Pussycats

I am still not sure what you want in a resort. Give Couples Tower Isle a look. There is a nude section. There are some swingers there. There is no open sex or anything close to that.
    The overall volume is less. No singles so if you want MFM you need to be discrete with the staff - same as any resort. It's cheaper and a little nicer than Hedo. I will say the food at Hedo is still the best. Message me if you want more details on CTI.