Thread: "Too much rap, not enough reggae"

"Too much rap, not enough reggae"

For years and years this seems to be THE most common visitor complaint. Why doesn't it ever change?

Quote Originally Posted by Riandsu View Post
    For years and years this seems to be THE most common visitor complaint. Why doesn't it ever change?
    I had seen some comments about this prior to our arrival last week, so I had sent a question to Michelle Facey, Hedo's chief pleasure officer about being able to request more reggae, because when in Jamaica we love to hear the island beat and her response is below:

"We do play Reggae music on a rotating format, we try to appeal to everyone’s various tastes in music so our rotation list includes a little bit of everything, because we do get comments if we play too much Reggae or too much of any one style so we do our best to mix it up"
    Michelle Facey
    Keymaster
    @chief-pleasure-officer
    August 9, 2017 at 9:51 am
    Couples, San Souci- August, 2016
    Hedo II - August, 2017
    Couples, Negril- August, 2018 including 2 day passes to Hedo

A couple of years ago we were in the main dining room one afternoon and they were playing the Bee Gee's greatest hits album. I got so sick of it I finally went to the front desk and asked if they could play some Jamaican music. I can understand variety, but the Bee Gee's?

Another problem I've found in Jamaica is if you ask for Reggae, they play Bob Marley. Now, there is no doubt that Marley was a genius who created some incredible music, but there's an entire world of great music than has grown from that. I figure they think American's only know Marley so that's all they play.

agree!!

Agree here too! There's even a vibrant new reggae sound with many young artists...it can't be that hard.

One story I've heard is yes they do try to rotate the music but much of rap (some of the local rap is almost ridiculous in my opinion "Aaaah, yabba-dabba-do ah yabba-dabba-do ah yabba-dabba-do) is played to appease the staff! Really.

Have they changed this yet??