Thread: Water Toys

Water Toys

I recall reading there are water toys for use. Hobie Cats etc.

Can anyone give me further information on what is available and where we would go to inquire about using them once we are there?

Our last trip I don't recall seeing anything mentioned about them.
    Hedo 1st Timers December 2016
    Hedo - August 19-26 2017
    Hedo - January 27-February 1 2018

the water sports shed or hut or whatever they call it has all the equipment you need, snorkels, fins, hobie cats, paddle boards, kiyaks , air to pump up floats. Guys there great to work with and will teach you if not familiar with any of it. water sports is located between prude and nude beach. Diving is also available if certified or you can take a resort class for shallow dive.

Kayaks and SUP's were so much fun, definitely do it when/if you can. Never did the Hobie Cats but did see several people take them out this year. Lots of things to do, stop in there on your first day and check it all out. The guys are awesome, so sweet and very knowledgable.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Quote Originally Posted by JayNSteph View Post
    Kayaks and SUP's were so much fun, definitely do it when/if you can. Never did the Hobie Cats but did see several people take them out this year. Lots of things to do, stop in there on your first day and check it all out. The guys are awesome, so sweet and very knowledgable.
    I'm actually excited to try the SUPs. I've been wanting to try for a couple of years. Now I will for sure.
    I've read that the hobbie cats are fun as well.
    I'll make my way down to the hut on the first day for sure.
    Hedo - August 19-26 2017

Quote Originally Posted by JayNSteph View Post
    I'm actually excited to try the SUPs. I've been wanting to try for a couple of years. Now I will for sure.
    Hedo - August 19-26 2017

Quote Originally Posted by islandlife View Post
    the water sports shed or hut or whatever they call it has all the equipment you need, snorkels, fins, hobie cats, paddle boards, kiyaks , air to pump up floats. Guys there great to work with and will teach you if not familiar with any of it. water sports is located between prude and nude beach. Diving is also available if certified or you can take a resort class for shallow dive.
    Perfect!! Thank you! I'll be scoping it out when we arrive.
    Our plan is to get out on the water each day, seeing as we will be away from our boat for 2 weekends. Lol what better alternative!
    Hedo - August 19-26 2017

The Hobie Cats are a blast. Of the two resorts on "7 Mile Beach" that we go to, Couples Negril and Hedo, Hedo is on Long Bay while CN is on Bloody Bay. I have spent too much time bobbing along on Bloody Bay wondering where the wind is, while Long Bay never has that problem. So Hedo is definitely better for sailing. Usually not a overpowering wind, but a steady one at pretty much any time.

One word of warning: whether you are in a kayak or a Hobie Cat, don't go to the left of Booby Cay (the island off Point Rutland to the right from the Hedo beach if you are facing the water). It is a great way to rip the bottom off your watercraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitprincessk View Post
    They have different kinds too. It was my first time so the ones I used were made out of the same material as Kayaks. They provided plenty of stability, even though I fell in once. If you have done SUPing before they have the ones that also look like surf boards for more of the "pro" types. I don't have the best balance so I went with the "beginners" one. It was a blast. We will definitely do it again. You can see so much out there, the water is super clear. Also, when you fall off, the water is so clear you think you can touch....you can't. At least not where I fell, I thought I would be able to just stand up...nope.
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!