Thread: Best place to dip your toe in

Best place to dip your toe in

My wife and I are looking to book our first vacation to a clothing optional resort and have many questions we were hoping for some input on. To start off we are in our late 30's and were looking for a place with a similar age range. We aren't hard partiers but we certainly don't just lay around either. We are not in the life style and at this point would prefer a place that is more low key in that department. The beach and swimming is important to her, a good bar and resort staff are my priorities. Obviously any place we go will have a diverse crowd of fun people and we have read the reviews and threads on this forum about different resorts. We are just hoping for some suggestions on a place to dip our toes into the clothing optional vacations. Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions.

I would try Hidden Beach resort in mexico. We go there 2 times a year and the staff is great.. Lots of pool activities . Its not a swingers place but some go there

no open PDA..

you can be nude 24/7 if you want her.. We love it

ages range from 30s-60's

Ill send you a private message also

I would try Hedo. There is a huge myth about Hedo that it is this crazy, crazy place. It is true, but it just revolves around a small part of the whole resort, the north side (nude, hot-tub area). The rest of the resort is just a nudist-clothing optional resort. We have friends who are nudists and would never go to Hedo. They have this mis-perception of it. It simply is not true. If the "sexual atmosphere" is not your thing, stick to the middle or south side of the resort and you won't see anything. You can stay clothed all week, hangout at the beach and prude bar, go sailing, tennis, scuba, walk the beach to Negril and make it vanilla as you want. Once you feel more relaxed, (third day in) and adventurous, head up to the north side and peak.

As for this nudist resort, the place is huge. The biggest clothing-optional place we have been too. It is about 4X bigger than Desire. Only about 20% is considered the "wild" side. The rest is just a relaxing, fun place to go.

As for the age group, we always go with the Fluffs in the winter. We have a sense that the younger crowds go during the fall, summer?????? Possibly look at groups to find a younger crowd.
    Last edited by cahhhoo; 08-12-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patina View Post
    My wife and I are looking to book our first vacation to a clothing optional resort and have many questions we were hoping for some input on. To start off we are in our late 30's and were looking for a place with a similar age range. We aren't hard partiers but we certainly don't just lay around either. We are not in the life style and at this point would prefer a place that is more low key in that department. The beach and swimming is important to her, a good bar and resort staff are my priorities. Obviously any place we go will have a diverse crowd of fun people and we have read the reviews and threads on this forum about different resorts. We are just hoping for some suggestions on a place to dip our toes into the clothing optional vacations. Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions.
    If you are looking for a whole resort that is clothing optional, (with the exception of the nude side) we would agree with Cahhhoo. There is nowhere else like Hedo. As mild or as wild as you want to be. If swimming and the beach are the must have deal breaker, try Couples Negril. The beach is pristine, and from your post, it has everything you mentioned, however there is only a smaller area which is "nude mandatory, couples only" and the beach area has a lot of vanilla foot traffic. You can always do a day or night pass to Hedo to see if it is for you, but I think you will wish you booked there once you experience it. Lots of options at Hedo due to its size, vibe, and philosophy. Are there fancier newer resorts? Sure. There is give and take in terms of amenities. It all depends on your priorities. We go to have fun, be naked on a great beach, and dress up for theme nights. For us Hedonism fits the bill perfectly. You can PM us with any questions. Good Luck !
    Last edited by sunandsea; 08-12-2017 at 12:05 PM. Reason: sp

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    One thing I like about Hedo that sets it FAR APART from all others(as far as I know) is the fact that there are groups that go at specified times of the year.What this means is that if you pick a group and stay with it then you get to meet other people from all over the world who return on schedule to Hedo year after year.So if you like the people you meet you get to spend your adult vacation around people you like and know and it is like having a family reunion only you got to pick your family this time.LOL!

Thank you all very much for the responses. I will definitely look into both places more thoroughly. I guess I was under the same misconception about Hedo. I didn't realize there are less Life style intensive parts of that resorts.

I also want to add, it is not the place that makes it crazy, it is the people that go. We have been to Hedo where it has been so quiet and boring, you think you were at church. That being said, do some research and plan your trip (if choosing Hedo) with a time when a large group is going. You don't necessarily need to book with the group, but choose the same visiting dates. If the group is outgoing, they will definitely make it livelier. This is how we bumped into the Fluffs many years ago. They did a take over and our vacation overlapped and we were like "wholly jeez....." We are booking with them next year!!!!"

Someone here, I think from CA, sponsors a young lifestyle week a few times a year (under 40)? Kitten? I would look into piggy-backing during that week. The group will mostly stay on the north-side.

P.S, we are not life-stylists either. We just love the atmosphere (mild to wild) Hedo offers. When we burnout mid-week and want quietness, we hangout on the southern side for downtime.
    Last edited by cahhhoo; 08-13-2017 at 07:56 AM.

I would consider either Desire resorts, great service good food, we are not lifestyle but enjoy the vibe and always have a great time

Hidden Beach Resort is awesome. You should check out Couples San Souci also.

Quote Originally Posted by Patina View Post
    We've returned to Hedo about 25 times over 30+ years. Always fun, sometimes excellent food, sometimes less so. Desire has been excellent but getting expensive. Temptations was OK but not exactly clothing optional. We just booked Couples Sans Souci for our third visit to Sunset Beach. A classy resort, with good pricing, but certainly not a 'life style' or rowdy party venue.

There are a number of resorts along the Negril beach that allow topless or nude beaching. But they usually require fully clothed evening wear (unlike Hedo).

As others have mentioned: wherever you go you'll meet an interesting bunch of people -- the people make the vacation for us. You'll meet hard core nudists, hardcore swingers, gluttons, drunks -- and then you'll meet normal, balanced people, just like you. And all the people you meet will remember the nice, friendly, shy couple from ??? and how much they enjoyed their company for a week.

Then you'll plan the next trip back to wherever you chose. And no longer be toe dippers (I could tell you stories about toes, but what happens etc.)

PNK

Hedo, Nov 30 - Dec 6, 2017

Of course in Florida there are Caliente and Paradise Lakes as strictly nudist resorts with a party atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by icitdifferent View Post
    I would consider either Desire resorts, great service good food
    We've been to Hedo and Desire Pearl and I would go back to either one in a heartbeat. Can't go wrong either way unless you find yourself in the middle of a whole resort takeover with a group you don't get along with. Other than that, I think you're safe either way.
    Hedonism II - 28JUN2011 to 03JUL2011, 27NOV2013 to 01DEC2013, 17JUL2023 to 22JUL2023

Desire Pearl - 28MAR2016 to 01APR2016, 19MAR2017 to 24MAR2017, 22JUL2018 to 27JUL2018, 10JUL2021 to 16JUL2021, 26JUN2022 to 30JUN2022 and 01AUG2022 to 05AUG2022

Desire RM - 24NOV2021 to 27NOV2021

Temptation Grand Miches - 08AUG2023 to 13AUG2023

We've never been to Hedo. We've gone to both Desire's, which is where we've dipped our toes in.
    We love the beach especially in the Caribbean!

Desire RM March 27th to April 3rd 2015

Desire Pearl : March 17 , Desire Pearl Dec 2019