Thread: Greetings!! Hedo newbs checking in...

Wink Greetings!! Hedo newbs checking in...

Greetings everyone! We are not new to adult travel we have been to Desire and such. We're looking to expand our adult travel spectrum. Hopefully, you all can guide us. We've been reading the trip reports and Hedo sounds amazing. A little bit more of a party atmosphere for what we've read. We hope to visit Hedo sooner than later.

Hedo is a great place. If you like to watch and being watched, this is the right place for you.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to ATF---you are definitely at the right place for great information and definitely in the right direction for North America's greatest adult-only, all-inclusive, and wickedly-wild resort. Lots of groups to choose from throughout the year and so much fun in store for you....

Welcome to the forum. However, a word of caution...Hedo can be extremely addictive...but in a very good way!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by OhThatCpl View Post
    Greetings everyone! We are not new to adult travel we have been to Desire and such. We're looking to expand our adult travel spectrum. Hopefully, you all can guide us. We've been reading the trip reports and Hedo sounds amazing. A little bit more of a party atmosphere for what we've read. We hope to visit Hedo sooner than later.
    Do it sooner, or you'll regret it later!

Quote Originally Posted by bobby45 View Post
    Hedo is a great place. If you like to watch and being watched, this is the right place for you.
    We enjoy both

Thank you everyone for messages. We're excited to visit Hedo in the near future. We not sure we understand the group thing. Any advice would be helpful.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi again... The "Group Thing" is something to consider that will not only enhance your experiences at Hedo but also be easier on your bank account.

From one of my blogs about booking with a group:

Just some considerations as I get asked this quite often about my annual group trip to Hedonism II every June:

Groups will most often have the best rates for the timeframe you seek and likely allow for you to extend the group rate both before and after the groups' main dates at the resort provided you spend the bulk (usually a minimum of 5 days) of your days within the group week.

Groups usually offer a special meet and greet at the beginning of the group week

Groups often have a goodie bag for their members which might include any number of small, useful items for your stay at Hedo or something to take home to remember your trip there.

Groups offer a kind of "security blanket" for newbies or people that are more shy or anxious by always providing guests that the newbie can learn from, ask questions, dine or drink with or just carry on conversations, etc.

Groups sometimes have special events or activities that provide guests opportunities that may not be offered to other non-group member guests.

Groups can sometimes make reservations for areas of the resort for special activities

Groups can charter a nude cruise from the resort

Groups provide recognition by both Hedo staff and other guests

Groups allow guests to be followers and not leaders or having to make decisions especially in new situations

Groups can offer more assistance should you encounter a problem or issue

Group members often watch out for other group members should a guest have too much to drink, too much sun, or just too much whatever

Groups provide an avenue of support and casual interaction and often lead to friendships outside of Hedo.

Groups allow for friendly conversation, sharing experiences, sharing memories, having friendship/camaraderie, laughing with someone, or simply eating or drinking with someone you might know or want to know

Cons for groups?

There are very few cons that I could think of based on my experience organizing my group the past 11 years and speaking with group leaders and members during my previous 13 trips to Hedo.

One possible negative would be any pressure to participate in group activities (they should always be voluntary because the guest is always the guest & it is THEIR vacation/holiday)

I am not aware of membership fees (although I jokingly tell my group members they must "buy" me a glass of champagne at Hedo...lol).

Anyway, I hope this helps a little.

Ann, TS

Thank you everyone for messages. We're excited to visit Hedo in the near future. We not sure we understand the group thing. Any advice would be helpful.

Don't worry for group thing. You can book by yourself. On site, this is very likely you will see group or groups during your stay. You will then decide if the next time you want to be part of a group or not... because there will be a next time... Hedo is very addictive. Have fun ( and don't get hurt).

Definitely book through a group. You literally never need to do a single thing with them, but the price is much better. (Assuming you're not going during the super high occupancy weeks - think new years eve.)

Every group is hooked up with a travel agency: just tell them you want no group contact and it will be done.

But, for all the reasons Ann mentions above, I wouldn't do that But it's an option!

Philly girl - how do we go about picking or finding a group? That probably sounds like an ignorant question.

Philly girl - how do we go about picking or finding a group? That probably sounds like an ignorant question.
    No, quite common actually! What other vacation destination/ resort has groups!? Lol

The official hedonism website(http://www.hedonism.com/events-entertainment/events) has the groups listed. If you know when you want to go, find out which group it is and read up/make contact. Almost every group is run by regular people and they utilize a travel agent such as Tom's trips or wild women vacation. And almost every group is inclusive. Only one group I know of is their own travel agent and excludes a population of guests.

If your dates are flexible you can try and find a group/theme you think matches, but rest assured that the groups are normally just a part of the experience!

I'm tired and it's been a long week, so I hope this makes sense!