Thread: Fantasy Fest #14 for me in Key West for October with the Krewe de Krazy Life

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question Fantasy Fest #14 for me in Key West for October with the Krewe de Krazy Life

Hi everyone and I hope your summer is progressing well. Just 90+ days to Fantasy Fest and I can hardly wait! Anyone else going to be there this October for Halloween week?

I'll be there from the 1st Saturday to Tuesday and looking forward to Capt. Tony's nightly meet-ups including the Little Black Dress party, Pirate/Wench party, & Fetish party---plus a night at Kelly's Kinky Karnival. And of course, Krewe meets throughout the days and evenings.

I missed last year as I was in Australia for almost 6 months and I will possibly miss FF 2018 as I will be returning to Australia/New Zealand in late spring until late 2018 so I will making the best of everything this October.

I've already enjoyed Krewe get-togethers this year since my return including a week at Hedonism resort (our 11th Annual Krewe de Krazy Life Group Trip June 17-24---see my trip report) & Secrets-Hideaway get-togethers). After FF, next Krewe meet ups will be Nude Nite Tampa Art Show, Gasparilla, Secrets Birthday month etc. but then I'll be returning to Australia and likely miss FF 2018.

Anyway, I am excited about seeing Krewe members and wish you all safe travels for those that go.

Ann, The TravelSlut
    email & IM: TheTravelSlut@yahoo.com
    Last edited by The Travel Slut; 08-02-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Where do you stay in KW for FF ? Prices are CRAZY for FF

Blog Entries
    You are right about the prices--unless you book the year before in advance, you either have to book in north KW area or take a big chance of waiting to the last minute and get a cancellation.

I usually get a B&B or stay with friends in a house that is rented for month or stay at La Concha on Duval but after many times, this time I opted to stay on Eaton Street near the Key West Ferry marina and away from the noise and crowds.

The further north (and away from Duval Street) you book, the prices reduce substantially. Just plan on using Uber or a taxi. It's cheaper than the room rates. Just make sure you have a cooler or refrigerator in your room for snacks and drinks as you may not be near grocery/sundry stores on North Roosevelt and those areas north of Duval.

We will be leaving the week before FF as usual. As much as I love painted boobs, I hate crowds. Hope you have fun!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Markis View Post
    We will be leaving the week before FF as usual. As much as I love painted boobs, I hate crowds. Hope you have fun!
    Thanks! I agree about the crowds after so many years going....that is why I now start on the 1st Saturday/weekend and leave mid-week before it gets too crazy. Parade? Been there, done that---have the bodypaint photos.....LOL

Blog Entries
    79 days and counting to Fantasy Fest 2017 and the "Time Travel Unravels" theme.

I just finished another (11th Annual) Krewe de Krazy Life Hurricane Wilma Survivors House Party Reunion at my home and about 50+ of the Krewe (with some from our annual Hedonism resort group trip every June) previewing their best or most wickedly-wild Fantasy Fest costumes.

The events are on schedule now for those interested. I've also updated my Tips for 1st timers to Fantasy Fest primer for anyone interested. I can post it here or check my blog, my various online posts like http://www.flickr.com/groups/fantasyfesters.

Until then, everyone take care, travel safe and have safe fun!

Hi travelslut, I'm currently based out of Jacksonvikle and wanna attend the FF2017, so just checking if I can get to know some people before reaching there. Also, let me know if you are organizing something as a group?

Blog Entries
    Hi Drana...glad you are coming to FF

I have booked a small travel group to FF but we are full for this year.

However, if you are looking for an established, organized and fun group of like-minded people....consider the Krewe de Krazy Life (www.krazykrewe.com) where there is a group chat on Monday nights, a Krewe store, planned FF activities, etc.

Many of the Krewe that can't make it in October to FF, or will miss the following year FF, decide to join my Krewe Group trip to Hedo every June. Lots of stories to share for sure.

Check out my blogs for my newly revised Tips for 1st timers to Fantasy Fest.