Thread: June 17-23 with the Krewe de Krazy Life

June 17-23 with the Krewe de Krazy Life

I didn't know if I should add this report to Ann's thread or start my own, but just like Hedo, I'm sure it's all good.
    I did a lot of research on this site and others and had an must admit that I had an expectation that Hedo would be a second rate resort. That's probably because like most things in life, complainers complain louder than those giving complements. Not to say that our visit wasn't without a few hiccups, but Hedo staff, particularly Alicia at the front desk, and Security supervisor who's name I believe was Raymond, went out of their way to fix those issues.

Our long first day started at about 3AM so we were relieved to find the bus from Rocky's waiting for us with cold water and Red Stripe right outside Sangster airport just as Ann had promised. Our ride from the airport in the drizzling rain was uneventful but made more interesting by a fellow passenger who just happened to be a native Jamaican. We arrived late in the afternoon and checked in with no problem. We were hungry so we headed over to Pastafari and were there when they opened their doors for dinner. Dinner was excellent and just what we needed after a long day of travel. After a brief timeout in the room after dinner, we changed into our outfits for the Hats and Heels theme for Saturday night. My wife had a killer outfit which I thought looked great, but because it was either too early in the night or the first night for others there, we found very few others dressed for the theme. My wife felt a bit out of place so we went back to the room where she changed into something still sexy but more conservative than her original outfit. We did get to see the amazing Winston perform that night before calling it an early night. The costumes seemed to get better as the week went on. It was great not to need a mask like on the streets at Fantasy Fest.

The overcast and drizzle continued on Sunday which put a bit of a damper on the day at the beach and pool. The theme on Sunday was Hedonistic Schoolgirl and the stage show that night featuring old school disco music was outstanding. We had a great time and and the show seemed to put us in the better mood that we needed. We even made a visit to the Playroom but stayed in the outside courtyard area. The waterfalls and candles made for a great atmosphere.

On Monday, we took a walk up Seven Mile Beach and took our obligatory photos at Sandals for the friends and family back home. Just like I had read on the review sites, most of those at Sandals and the other resorts were either reading a book or tablet. We saw very little interaction between those on the beach unlike what we had already seen and experienced at Hedo. One British woman described the entertainment at her resort as "rubbish." Upon returning to Hedo, I expected my wife to head to our room to change or grab a towel before heading to the nude beach. Much to my delight, she found a lounge chair, stripped naked and made herself at home. When she said she was glad we were staying at Hedo, I knew things would be good the rest of the week.

We met and hung out with some fun and interesting people, some with the Krazy Krewe and some there with some other groups. I was glad we had chosen this week because while things were indeed crazy by our standards, we saw none of the creepy uncomfortable behavior I had read occurs during some of the other weeks. The food was great, the entertainment was great, as were the resort amenities. When we return, as I'm sure we will, we will skip the catamaran cruise and take a cab to Rick's Cafe. The catamaran cruise review will need it's own thread.

Glad you had a great time!
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Nice report! The walk up the beach, always puts the fun of other resorts, compared to Hedo, in perspective.
    Returning to HEDO October 16 through 26, 2019

Awesome, thank you for reporting! You do have me wondering about your catamaran cruise experience, because we were planning on going on it.
    Couples, San Souci- August, 2016
    Hedo II - August, 2017
    Couples, Negril- August, 2018 including 2 day passes to Hedo

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You are right,,,it is all good and reading any trip report is both welcome and helpful Thank you for sharing and sorry you are missing my post-Hedo/pre-Fantasy Fest Wilma Hurricane Survivors house party this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by popatop View Post
    Awesome, thank you for reporting! You do have me wondering about your catamaran cruise experience, because we were planning on going on it.
    It was calm when we left Hedo but when we got to Ricks, the waves were rocking pretty good in Ricks cut out. They moved us to a smaller boat to take us to the rocks at Ricks. The smaller wood boat was literally crashing into the rocks and our obviously inexperienced pilot could control the boat . We didn't think we could safely make it from small boat onto the rocks at Ricks. Imagine the boat moving up and down while simultaneously slamming the rocks. I kid you not when I say that the boat broke off sections of rock when it smashed against them. We chose to stay on the boat and go back to the catamaran but by now I was quite seasick unfortunately. We think that another pilot climbed onto our boat and managed to get the others to Ricks. It was unfortunate for me because it was quite the party on the way back to Hedo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Travel Slut View Post
    You are right,,,it is all good and reading any trip report is both welcome and helpful Thank you for sharing and sorry you are missing my post-Hedo/pre-Fantasy Fest Wilma Hurricane Survivors house party this weekend
    Unfortunately we're a long way from your zip code. Waiting for the dates for some family affairs before we can commit to the Krewe Hedo week next year. Hoping they don't conflict. Hope to catch up with on the chat app one week. Definitely planning for FF in 2018 though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hopin4fun View Post
    Unfortunately we're a long way from your zip code. Waiting for the dates for some family affairs before we can commit to the Krewe Hedo week next year. Hoping they don't conflict. Hope to catch up with on the chat app one week. Definitely planning for FF in 2018 though.
    Awesome!

so you two are going back this October..hmm wonder if we can make it then too

Blog Entries
    I'll be in Key West for my 14th Fantasy Fest from Sat. the 21st to Tues. the 24th and at Capt. Tony's nightly doing Krewe parties and Kelly's Kinky Karnival (now called the First Flight bar & Grill in the old Kelly's Caribbean Restaurant.

See you there?